PDA

View Full Version : So it appears I have been Serv'd.......

bmdbley'sBro
12-22-2006, 04:30 PM
possibly heading towards getting OWNED :mad:

Cliffs: I dropped my car off to a guy 2 months+ ago for some work
he emails me Dec 20th to tell me he can't do it come take your car back
I'm now having trouble getting ahold of this guy. Happy holidays!

http://f5.putfile.com/5/13002565874-thumb.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=2567487) http://f5.putfile.com/5/13002562263-thumb.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=2567484)

some of you know, but for the rest:

my custom built turbo E36 318is had some issues.
Like my cracked exhaust manifold.

the original shop that built it didn't put much thought into it
no flex piping, no turbo or piping support, etc.

before all that became evident to me I was having serious "blow by".
my car was smoking & leaking some oil, hey I fi'd at 240K's.
stuff was guaranteed to break!
anways so the original shop takes the motor apart.
re-did the rings, gaskets, etc..

And then they totally dropped the Ball, gave up on it (as told to me by another shop owner close by)
and my car basically it sat at this shop for a total of 2 months.
all the while im being told they're trying to figure it out...

the car managed to recieve about 5 dents & a few scratches :mad:
I took my car (that wouldn't even idle) home under the pretense that I'd be coming back after washing it.
after seeing the dents & scrathes and the fact that the car wouldn't even idle I decided not to go back.

Thankfully due to the community I found some one that #1 knew bmw's well and #2 cared! Striker *th-up*

he went over the car & found the massive Air leaks from tubing not even being together properly..
causing massive unmetered air, causing lean, causing No idle.
he also found a host of other no no's & half assedness.
like the intake pipe to my turbo was about to fall off, etc.

So anyways after all that my MANIFOLD cracks again!
this being the 3rd time in 12~15,000km's
Strikers a busy guy and had/has much on the go, but he did offer!
Looking back i should've taken that offer, cause it might at least actually be getting towards being finished.

Instead i made some posts on local VW site that im on in the FI section.
there are quite a few shops in town.
1 guy replied to me by pm with some Great stuff in his Sig link saying he could help me out.

Turns out the guy has made mani's for Chris Tapp and a host of other well known shops.
Anyways here was the link in his sig:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/280589/5
nice right? go through the 6 pages you'll probably be impressed too!

so we get to talking about openly in a thread & he's promoting his services.
he wasn't a paying advertiser either just a member, but no mod had any issues with him openly promoting his services

So anyways this Guy Jay was in Kingston.
I talked to him on the phone a few times, didn't get any bad vibes..
honestly the "hollywood_jay" thing gave me pause..but again no bad vibes
while talking to the guy.

so October 15th I drive up there with my bro meet the guy see his shop,
see a sick merceds he;s custom fi'n 190 16v
man i would've eat'n off of that motor it was like art..

Jay says give him 1 month ( i honestly expected it to be 2months)
The shop that did the original build did it in 3 weeks.
So nov 15th comes up: sorry gonna need more time.
he says 1st week of Dec, that comes up i call email no reply, do it again.
I now get told the 18th of dec..

I email & call on the 19th and get this email back on the 20th

hate to tell you this but I'm going to have to give you your money
back.. I know its a big let down and a dissapointment.. but I have
not he time to finish your bimmer.. right now its back to the exact
way I got it. i'm in toronto now and not an ounce of time to get
anything taken care of... Unfortunately I can't find a way to work
it out... I'll pay your way in gas also along with your money
back... My sincere apologies... I know its a let down... if I could
recommend someone in your area I would take it to mark at auto xreme
in Gatineau.

Again you have no idea how hard it is to do this, my apologies... i
have had to let go alot of projects b/c of the move..

jay

I have had difficulty getting ahold of this guy, his cell phone message box is now Full.

I emailed & called & called saying get ahold of me so i can come get my car
he did send me 1 other email last night.
he is no longer in town has my keys and promised he'll mail me the $400 deposit back..

??

Happy happy holidays indeed *thmbsdwn*

Soldo
12-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Shitty deal man, i really, REALLY hope it all works out for you, especially in time for the holidays!

chromius
12-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Man, Dave was telling me about this. I just can't beleive someone would pull this sh*t. If you need a hand in breaking some kneecaps, I would be happy to lend a hand, or lend a Bat in this case*smoke* .

Or failing that, if you need a drive to go pick up your car, just let me know and I'll take you down.

Hope it works out man.

Spennie
12-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I think we can convince him to help you out. *uzi*

Really, in all honesty, I'd be suing the shop that originally did the work for any penny back you ever spent there.

Give the guy a chance to get you all your stuff back, it seems legit enuff, although a bit flaky. Drop me a PM if you need some legal advice and I'll hook you up :)

Hound
12-22-2006, 06:49 PM
hopefully this is just a missunderstanding and yo get your car back safe and sound. As spinnie said, seems legit and at least he is in contact with you just hard to get a hold of, although my thinking is that since he proly has a few people like you having to talk to him and get cars back, comes as no surprise that his mailbox would be full, just keep trying and take it as it comes. Again hope all goes well and make sure to post and keep us updated.

Take care man

chromius
12-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Legit or not, I don't think that's right in any way. When you leave your car with someone for many many months, thinking that work is getting done on it. Then all of a sudden you find out the work won't ever be done, and your car is in the same condition as it was when you brought it in:confused: . That's immoral as far as I'm concerned.

If it was a week, fine, whatever. But we are talking months here, months that the car could have been with someone who was actually working on it.

He claims he is going to pay for his gas to come get his car...well what about all the time his car has been out of commission, thinking it would be getting repaired? Who is going to pay for that?

Not to mention...the guy doesn't even tell Adam where his car is. It was dropped off in Kingston, and now this guy is saying he is in Toronto with Adam's keys. WTF.:mad: I'd be breaking some legs.

Sorry for the rant, I just hate sheisters like this.

ecuconnection
12-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow that's a shity story... I hope you get your car back at the very least ... sounds frigin Sketchy ... Good luck!!

Spennie
12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Legit or not, I don't think that's right in any way. When you leave your car with someone for many many months, thinking that work is getting done on it. Then all of a sudden you find out the work won't ever be done, and your car is in the same condition as it was when you brought it in:confused: . That's immoral as far as I'm concerned.

If it was a week, fine, whatever. But we are talking months here, months that the car could have been with someone who was actually working on it.

He claims he is going to pay for his gas to come get his car...well what about all the time his car has been out of commission, thinking it would be getting repaired? Who is going to pay for that?

Not to mention...the guy doesn't even tell Adam where his car is. It was dropped off in Kingston, and now this guy is saying he is in Toronto with Adam's keys. WTF.:mad: I'd be breaking some legs.

Sorry for the rant, I just hate sheisters like this.

Adam's right... Now that I re-read, it is kind of sketchy..

Some advice:

First off, I would get the asshole's new address in Toronto and send him a letter via registered mail asking that the car be returned and that you be reimbursed your deposit plus expenses (ie. gas to get it etc.) Make sure it's registered mail so you can prove in court that he received it. I would also state clearly for him to contact you immediately or you will seek legal action and contact the Kingston Police to ensure the secure recovery of your property.

Then, if he contacts you and you work things out that's good.

IF NOT: Then contact the Kingston Police department and indicate to them that you may have been the victim of fraud. Seeing as how Kingston is a quiet town (and all the Uni students are away for christmas :P ) they'll probably be glad to help. Give them the address etc. of the garage and hopefully they'll locate your car. The key here is not to just tell them that you left it at a garage and haven't heard back, poor customer service is hardly a crime. Indicate to them that you are unsure of the location of your property and suspect foul play. This way you can ensure the police will be on the lookout for your car if things do go offside. *th-up*

Next if you wish to take legal action it will end up costing you at least something. The question is how much your car is worth and whether or not you can get it back by going to Tdot and getting the keys. If you can go to Tdot, get the guy and get your keys then I'd suggest that. *shiner*

Last resort would be small claims court if your car has been tampered with or any damaged caused to it during storage. If I was you I would have got the scratches and dents fixed from the other garage. I would go BALISTIC if I picked my car up and there was dents and scratches on it and I would sue the shop to repaint the entire panel if required. hehe, plus general damages for emotional anguish! *smoke*

everlast
12-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Frack man, that really *really* sucks. I mean, I can't hardly believe your luck with this.

I think you'd be better to buy a welder and learn to make your own mani. If it takes you 6 months, it will be done sooner than any of these clowns. Totally unacceptable.

Striker
12-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Adam,

I called you back about 3 times but after Jay left, no answer. I was going to suggest bringing the car here, I wold have picked up two more dollies and winched the car in when I was done with the girls e30.

I will go to Dave's work to look at it for you first thing on Wednesday. If Dave can give us access on Tuesday into the lot, I am game to go that day as well.

Man I feel terrible for you. Good thing I did not fork out the $5K manifold buddy was asking me to invest. He wold not have pulled that on me though, forget the money, for principle only he would have had permanent nightmares,
nightmares even during the day.

On the flip side, the car is in one piece and you are not out tons of money.

Call me tomorrow Bud.

paul christians
12-24-2006, 02:33 AM
yes let Striker take care it man and you very soon after.......cheers....he is the man at your end to deal with this.........

bmdbley'sBro
12-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Adam,

I called you back about 3 times but after Jay left, no answer. I was going to suggest bringing the car here, I

damnzors stank'n cell batteries, thanks for calling back though. *th-up*

So guys last email to me he was stating that
"it's cut & dry. I test drove the car after i put it back together.
it's fine just go pick it up"

Obviously as my car would not move and the rear wheels were seized solid
this was another completely false statement.
imagine that!

anyways im under the impression that Not a damn thing happened to my car at all (work wise).
think'n he never even touched it at all & that it sat for the whole 2+months
I could obviously type alot more here, but am not at this moment.

Thank god for CAA *love*

bmdbley'sBro
12-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Ok so I put this all over the net.

doucherocket (jay thornton) emailed me actually wanting to know what i hoped to gain from that?
and asked why am i punishing him? ROFL :rolleyes:

Before i dropped my car to this guy we were pm'n back & forth he
said he had a wedding to attend in ottawa
so he has friends in town.

then (And you have to read this crap) the dumbass mod Locked the Thread
Hmmm wonder if he's one of jays buddies like "connell" (read page3)
http://www.ottawa-vdubbing.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22026&start=40

my car still sits Damaged? and undriveable, but in ottawa.
jay still has my money & keys, but wants an address to send them to me.

Im waiting to see whats broken on my car + i want the $90 i spent in gas
($45approx each trip there & back) but yeah right :D

Nascar318is
12-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Damn Adam that sucks big time. What's the deal with him telling you to use your spare set of keys and driving up to get the car. So now there he sits with your other set?(am I reading this right?) So one day you'll go out to your car and guess what it'll be gone.

Truly sucks man, hope it all works out for you.

VSanj
12-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Shitty deal bro.............i cant believe some people have the nerve to do crap like this

Eviltwin
12-27-2006, 11:27 AM
what Connell said --> seriously man, not to make light of the situation, there's nothing malicious here, he wants to give your car and money back. the guy just couldn't get around to it. instead of saying calmly ok, when can i have my money and my car back, you immediatly started b!tching this guy out over the internet.

this is an unfortunate experience for all but could have been handled much better in private instead of dragging his name throught the mud and to be honest, make yourself look like a whiney little crap. <--

is completely not out of line-
He's not "Jay's" buddy, nor am I, nor do either of any of us know him....I know you're a good guy, and I'd certainly be ubber frustrated aswell...however, smattering his name all over the net, isn't a good scene.

Regardless tho, he WANTS to get your $$ back, and obviously keys. He's admitted he's not the easiest guy to get ahold of. What more do you want?
And $45 each way to drive to KINGSTON and back!?!? unless you have that VR PINNED or have major fueling issues, it's not gonna cost anywhere NEAR the $90 you estimated for gas, from Ottawa/Kingston...cmon:huh?:

There are LOTS of guys that can do this locally! Evolution Motorsports, HP Tunning, couple reputable shops in MTL aswell...do yer research!

bmdbley'sBro
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
what Connell said --> <--

is completely not out of line-
He's not "Jay's" buddy, nor am I, nor do either of any of us know him....I know you're a good guy, and I'd certainly be ubber frustrated aswell...however, smattering his name all over the net, isn't a good scene.

Regardless tho, he WANTS to get your $$ back, and obviously keys. He's admitted he's not the easiest guy to get ahold of.
What more do you want?
And $45 each way to drive to KINGSTON and back!?!? unless you have that VR PINNED or have major fueling issues, it's not gonna cost anywhere NEAR the $90 you estimated for gas, from Ottawa/Kingston...cmon:huh?:

There are LOTS of guys that can do this locally! Evolution Motorsports, HP Tunning, couple reputable shops in MTL aswell...do yer research!

I was waiting *wave*

he could be jays buddy? he did attend a wedding in ottawa.
you could know him too 4 all i know :D he knows people all over t.o, miss, kingston, etc.

and no not "$45 each way" $45 approx there & back
I had to make 2trips, thats like 1000km's approx and 10hrs out of my life.

yeah I know there are LOTS of shops that do custom fab.
all the good local ones were busy at the time (2+months ago)
and recomended this guy, saying they had used him...

so it was "researched" and he "had" a solid rep.

"however, smattering his name all over the net, isn't a good scene."
yeah for him or his "rep" sure informs fellow enthusiasts though!
half this msg board is in t.o/ miss.. you all could be his next "victoms"

he's now at JRP

everlast
12-27-2006, 01:19 PM
smattering his name all over the net, isn't a good scene

If someone's difficult or downright shady to deal with, I fully expect to hear about it on the net. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with this guy, and I'd be pissed if I did and then heard later of this type of thing.

Plus, the whole deal with the internet is to tell it like it is. If the guy does a great job and good dealing with others, then people should post that too. Otherwise, he can stick to ripping off the uninformed. I'm with bmdbley'sBro all the way.

Eviltwin
12-27-2006, 01:24 PM
ahh- my misunderstanding about the Ottawa/K-Town gas business...

oh caman...he went to a wedding in Ottawa...and knows ppl here..

OMG you live in "_________" you MUST know Mr. "_____"!!!!!

if I knew him, I'd most likely side with you...I wouldn't want to promote "bad business"
I'm simply taking a neutral standpoint.

What it stand as now is you need your $ back...which, you're getting.
You need your keys back...which you're also getting.

Go to another shop (which have been mentionned on OVD) and put this nastyness behind you, crack a beer and wait till the snow/salt is gone and cruise the Gats :cool:

pps: I had NO IDEA that you had a boosted bimmer you SLAG!!!
ppps: I call dibs when you sell it.*love*

Eviltwin
12-27-2006, 01:25 PM
If someone's difficult or downright shady to deal with, I fully expect to hear about it on the net. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with this guy, and I'd be pissed if I did and then heard later of this type of thing.

Plus, the whole deal with the internet is to tell it like it is. If the guy does a great job and good dealing with others, then people should post that too. Otherwise, he can stick to ripping off the uninformed. I'm with bmdbley'sBro all the way.

agreed-

however, if he's holding back on giving the keys OR $$$...it'd be open season.
Right now, it seems that it's just a matter of days (maybe?) before he gets the $ back.

Anyone remember Spaz Auto? after the demolished a boosted MR2? yeah..byebye..business.

bmdbley'sBro
01-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Got my car roll'n again twas the ebrakes :mad:

chromius
01-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Good to hear Adam! So what's the next step?

The Sly
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Good to hear Adam! So what's the next step?
Yes Yes we want to know .....
did you get your keys and some money back?

bmdbley'sBro
01-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes Yes we want to know .....
did you get your keys and some money back?
No i havn't yet *mumble* guy said "it's on it way" last week..

thinking i'll call The Man next week, see if they think it's fraud/theft.
unless the money shows..

as for the car..
I need to get a piece of flex piping added to my Rigid exhaust.

I had put some metal epoxy on my mani's crack (before kingston)
it held up till i "got on it" and things started moving & flexing.
which is why i want Flex pipe for my Downpipe, so it can move/flex

I also just want to Fix my existing mani for the time being
(yeah im sick of not seeing my car for months on end lol)
want to try and maybe have a Support Bracket added for the Turbo's weight
to help protect the mani.

^fairly simple stuff for an experienced skilled guy.

other then that i've got some ireland motor mounts i need to install to help stop Twisting..

so sly ...what you been doing (hint hint) busy?? :idea: :D

The Sly
01-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Hey dude if you need the help with the manifold and Raphael is too buzy, then i will help a fellow bmw buddy anytime.
What do you want to do?

Do you want to get a flex pipe in there or make a support bracket?

bmdbley'sBro
01-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey dude if you need the help with the manifold and Raphael is too buzy, then i will help a fellow bmw buddy anytime.
What do you want to do?

Do you want to get a flex pipe in there or make a support bracket?

*th-up* thanks

on wednesday i might be able to get a guy at my bro's work to have a go at adding some flex piping..

so after that i'd probaly want to try and fix the mani crack, then maybe try to figure out a support bracket after it's back on.
but still the mounts should be put in, shortly after or before all that ^

from what i can see it appears to be 1 crack smack in the middle of the 4 logs
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/10/27614254044.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3582484)

I also havn't even asked raph yet ( i should do that!)...

The Sly
01-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Allright Adam, Let me know if you need help with the manifold or anything else!

You need to get this behind you a.s.a.p. Summer is around the block...I mean around the snow:D :D :D

Take care and don't hesitate to call if you need me.*rockout*

bmdbley'sBro
01-15-2007, 02:00 AM
thanks and i seriously may take you up on the offer.

speaking of snow (where is it!? :D) I just put these on tonight.
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/1401515863.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4519516)

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/1401515763.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4519515)

chromius
01-15-2007, 08:57 AM

You just had to say something eh...now look what you've done:D

bmdoubleya
01-15-2007, 10:14 AM
nice rims broham..

ecuconnection
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
sweet rims!! good luck with the rest of the work needed on the car .. cheers!

Nascar318is
01-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Nice rims, I had the op to buy the same ones(brand new E46) off a guy I work with for $2G's with tires less then 1K on them...
Those are your winters? You still have the 5er rims for the summer?

bmdbley'sBro
01-16-2007, 02:20 PM

You just had to say something eh...now look what you've done :D
Muwahahahaha :D

Nice rims, I had the op to buy the same ones(brand new E46) off a guy I work with for $2G's with tires less then 1K on them...
Those are your winters? You still have the 5er rims for the summer?
I got these of of a guy on usedottawa.com, $700 or $750 1wheel has minor rash.

tires are like New, but pirelli 210's suck in any deep snow ...or maybe it;s my open diff :D
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84152

and yup still have my 5r's (they need refurbish'n) & my 15" bottle caps,
sold the BBS Rk's last summer (regret!) *sad*

chromius
01-16-2007, 02:41 PM
tires are like New, but pirelli 210's suck in any deep snow ...or maybe it;s my open diff :D

OMG, I thought it was just me!!! 210's do suck in snow! I read all these reviews that said they were great tires, but on the 5er they wern't/arn't working too well in the snow, and I just assumed the 5er wasn't good in the snow. I'm dumping these 210's as soon as they are worn out, and going with michelin's.

I had michelins on the e30 and that thing was a tank in the snow.

bmdoubleya
01-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I love the 210 on my subaru but I guess the AWD helped..

Nascar318is
01-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Both Adam's, you guys and Jeff+Luskville=Smoke Show!!! Burn those puppies off. I know Jeff wants to do a smoke show come spring with the S/C in his car and his bald tires... I'll bring the burgers:)

chromius
01-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Both Adam's, you guys and Jeff+Luskville=Smoke Show!!! Burn those puppies off. I know Jeff wants to do a smoke show come spring with the S/C in his car and his bald tires... I'll bring the burgers:)

I do want to get new tires when these wear out, but I don't want to simply burn money...no punn intended.:D

Nascar318is
01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
when they are close to being thrown out I mean..lol

bmdbley'sBro
01-30-2007, 05:33 PM
So got some flex pipe added last week, finally.

gawd under my car is pure sexiness! look at that piping, Mmmm
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/2917230662.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4645497)
so now mani to downpipe is rigid mounted to the tranny exhaust mount.
so as the motor tranny moves, so does the header & dp flexing at the flex pipe.

the free undercoating is possibly from: bottom of my profile gasket ( i can see some of it), Rubber oil feed lines,
pan to block gasket or all of the above :D

now you can sorta see why i wanted a new mani, dp & polished intake piping

jeffrie
01-31-2007, 01:27 AM
Both Adam's, you guys and Jeff+Luskville=Smoke Show!!! Burn those puppies off. I know Jeff wants to do a smoke show come spring with the S/C in his car and his bald tires... I'll bring the burgers:) Well latly I'm in need of new winter's and it's still January.
Still ok in snow but ice is deadly. So at this rate I'll have no rubber to burn off come Luskvill.
Will film a peal before I put decent rubber back in within the next few weeks, then once again before I replace my summers which I pretty much finished off last fall on a drunken stupor in my laneway along with Smashed323's winters, all this even before the SC.
Simply retarded now...

I do want to get new tires when these wear out, but I don't want to simply burn money...no punn intended.:D

Pussy....

chromius
01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Pussy....

I'd happily do it if you want to buy me some new winters;)

oldskool3
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey Adam is the car running now I could have sworn I saw you at hunt club and merivale last night at around 11pm cruising through a solid red light.*wave* Car looked good if it was you. If not there is another calypso e36 with PQ plates.

chromius
02-05-2007, 10:44 AM
11pm cruising through a solid red light.*wave*

Busted!:D

bmdbley'sBro
02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Adam is the car running now I could have sworn I saw you at hunt club and merivale last night at around 11pm cruising through a solid red light.*wave* Car looked good if it was you. If not there is another calypso e36 with PQ plates.

yes it's drivable

so it's possible!?
did you also observe me blazing a crack pipe with a needle in my arm and the deadhooker leg sticking out the window.. *rockout*
if yes then 100% it was I *par-t*

Panda Speed
02-09-2007, 07:41 PM
yes it's drivable

so it's possible!?
did you also observe me blazing a crack pipe with a needle in my arm and the deadhooker leg sticking out the window.. *rockout*
if yes then 100% it was I *par-t*

I remember reading the locked thread you had previously and damn i was just :mad: sitting here. Cant imagine what youve gone through, happy the cars running aside all this bs but u have your baby back and whenever you want to hit up a stabbing rampage call me! LOL i got alot of pent up stress from mi familia, just centered around our bmws. *wave* As for the hooker leg.. PFF bitties are so much easier, easier to afford, easier to find and no as much stds. (bitties= little teens)

bmdbley'sBro
02-11-2007, 12:50 AM
whenever you want to hit up a stabbing rampage call me!
:D Mmm, stabbing rampages or "sexy time" as borat & o.j might refer to it

thanks for the offer it's appreciated *th-up*