PDA

View Full Version : supercharged m3

Sickbimmer
12-10-2002, 11:43 PM
I'm new here but i was just wondering if somone can tell me where i can get my car tuned professionally.

330DTM
12-11-2002, 12:05 AM
Hey there,

Off-topic to your question,
But you got a supercharged M3? Got and specs pics and color of the car?

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 12:09 AM
I currentlt have no pics because it's been in the body shop for 8 weeks . New paint( laguna seca blue) And new supercharger( vortech v2 sq) I'll post some pics as soon as i see the car.:P

330DTM
12-11-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by superM3
I currentlt have no pics because it's been in the body shop for 8 weeks . New paint( laguna seca blue) And new supercharger( vortech v2 sq) I'll post some pics as soon as i see the car.:P

Can't wait to see the pics! *th-up*
What color did it used to be? heh

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 01:29 AM
It used to be violet. You may have seen it before. I'm currently changing everything on it to make it my own. From in dash dvd to speakers to intake and seats( which should match the exterior) Hopefully I'll be ready for speedorama and audio thunder.:)

DoxBimmer
12-11-2002, 01:52 AM
If you don' mind driving down to Thorold, we would take good care of you. My dad and uncle are awesome with BMWs. And at a laboour rate of $60 an hour its worth it.

ROB89M3
12-11-2002, 01:52 AM
Super M3,
is this your car?

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 01:59 AM
I knew I would get some people's attention with this car. That does look like my car, but not for long(read above)

ROB89M3
12-11-2002, 02:03 AM
Dude, if that's your car, I think I saw you on Dufferin St south of Lawrence like 2-3 weeks ago.. You had 3 people in the car??

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 02:11 AM
I hpoe you didn't see my car cause it's been in the shop for 8 weeks. Unless one of the shop owners wanted, "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE".:P

ROB89M3
12-11-2002, 02:13 AM
I hpoe you didn't see my car cause it's been in the shop for 8 weeks. Unless one of the shop owners wanted, "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE".:P
I guess you have a different one then....

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 02:14 AM
Where did you get the pic of that car?

M50E30
12-11-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by DoxBimmer
If you don' mind driving down to Thorold, we would take good care of you. My dad and uncle are awesome with BMWs. And at a laboour rate of $60 an hour its worth it.

DoxBimmer,

Is there a chance your name could be Paul?

Dave

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 08:30 AM
No sorry , close though it's Fab.:huh?:

330DTM
12-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Where did you get the pic of that car?

It's my picture! Bascially it's my friend's car and he used to own that car till he put it for sale b/c he left the country.

Well I don't know if you're the guy, but did you ever take that M3 to the St. Thomas dragways within the past year? If so do you recall a teenage student approaching you and telling you all about how he knew the 1st hand owner of that car and also giving you a maXbimmer card? If so then I am the person who you spoked w/at St. Thomas Dragways.

Got a question though...why are you changing the blower to the Vortech V2? Don't like the sweet whistling noise it makes from the V1 blower?

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 10:45 PM
I'm not the guy you talked to, but if you could give me any info on this car it would be a great help.

The reason for the v1 swap was the amount of oil it would spill. But I did love that sound.

330DTM
12-11-2002, 11:14 PM
I'm not the guy you talked to, but if you could give me any info on this car it would be a great help.

The reason for the v1 swap was the amount of oil it would spill. But I did love that sound.

Hm what do you mean by the amount of oil it would spill? Is that a leakage problem? Can it be fixed on the V1s?

Specs:
engine/driveline:
ERT/Vortech supercharger
custom Motronix cold air intake
GIAC chip
Turner Motorsport 3.46 differential

suspension:
Turner Group N coilovers
Turner front camber plates
Racing Dynamics swaybars
BMW motorsport lower x-brace
Dinan tower bar

Wheels and tires:
BBS LM 18x8.5 front with 235/40/18 P-Zero directionales
BBS LM 18x9.5 rear with 265/35/18 P-Zero assymetricos
Interior:

VDO boost, vacuum, egt, oil temp, oil pressure gauges.. (Autometer fuel pressure gauge in engine bay)
Cyberdyne Air/Fuel ratio meter
Hamann pedals

Exterior:

AC Schnitzer carbon front lip
Hamann fog light kit

330DTM
12-11-2002, 11:16 PM
Closer pic of the LM

330DTM
12-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Angle View

Sickbimmer
12-11-2002, 11:33 PM
I can't believe how much you know my car. I'f you see us at speedorama make sure you introduce yourself. I'll try and send some pic's before then, I should finally get the car first thing In the morning.*th-up*

330DTM
12-11-2002, 11:47 PM
I can't believe how much you know my car. I'f you see us at speedorama make sure you introduce yourself. I'll try and send some pic's before then, I should finally get the car first thing In the morning.*th-up*

So that means that you are the second hand the owner of the M3 from the pictures I provided, right?

Hm so if you never did go to the St. Thomas Dragways and have the same M3 from the above pics/specs, you must be the third hand owner?

Heh well I talked to first owner (my friend) about the mods he had on his E36 M3 that you now own and just remember what he has :P

Sickbimmer
12-12-2002, 12:14 AM
Do you know what type of exaust it has, And did your friend change the headers.( Is it worth changing?)

330DTM
12-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Do you know what type of exaust it has, And did your friend change the headers.( Is it worth changing?)

He has the B&B Triflow exhaust w/dtm tips.

He did not change his headers as far as I know.
To me I think the stock 96+ headers does the job. Even some 3.0L owners have swap over for the 3.2L headers for better performance.

But I've been reading through some boards and only few have changed headers. It might be helpful in your case b/c you have a FI (forced induction) system. You might want to look into the following companies...By the way, do you have an aftercooler or water injection kit installed on your current setup?

RMS
JP
HIOP
EVO SPORT

WASABI
12-12-2002, 12:21 PM
*mw* *mw* *mw*

Oh wow *love* ... That is one sweet ride!

Just a thought, maybe you can contact Daydream///M3 (Gavin), maybe he can help ya out with the tuning, or maybe he knows someone.

330DTM
12-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Oh yeah sorry I forgot...
but once I get back to Toronto this weekend I'll contact a friend of mine to see where he gets his FI M3 tuned then i'll provide a follow up!

Sickbimmer
12-12-2002, 07:55 PM
I'd like to put an aftercooler or water injection kit on the car, But I couldn't find a kit for the my car.

Do you guys think the companies above would have one or would I have to get one custom made?

Not to seem cheap, But do you roughly know a price for somthing like that. With the stereo going being installed in the next couple of weeks I don't have much money left aside.*th-up*

Sickbimmer
12-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Oh wow ... ride! That is one sweet

Thanks for the props Wasabi. I can't wait to see your 328is.

I used to have a 2000 328ci, But I sold it for the M3.

330DTM
12-12-2002, 08:23 PM
I'd like to put an aftercooler or water injection kit on the car, But I couldn't find a kit for the my car.

Do you guys think the companies above would have one or would I have to get one custom made?

For the water/alcohol injection, you can go with the Aquamist kit
Activeautowerks carries the kit, it runs for about $1095 U.S. I'll ask my friend when I get back this weekend if knows where to get a better deal and where he got his Aquamist kit from.

http://www.activeautowerke.com/Water-Alcohol_Injection/default.asp

For the aftercooler you can get it from RMS, I'm not too sure on pricing.
http://www.racemarque.com/

However, if you're interested in an aftercooler, PM Empowered b/c he's running one on his Hybrid E30 325e. He might be able to help you more on it!

330DTM
12-12-2002, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah, one thing to keep in mind that you may or may not know already.

It might be a good idea to get your car dynoed after you install the aquamist kit to determine the setup has been optimized. I'm not too sure on Superchargers, but in general you want to WI to come on at certain point. I'm not sure if it's just before the torque peak or not, but the tuner should be able to help you on that.

Sickbimmer
12-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks alot for the help*th-up*

I'll Talk to Empowered about the aftercooler, it propobly fits my application better.

330DTM
12-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks alot for the help*th-up*

I'll Talk to Empowered about the aftercooler, it propobly fits my application better.

No problem superm3!
Can't wait to see your ride and hope you'll be able to come to our maXbimmer meets in the future!

M3_Styles
12-16-2002, 03:37 AM
328dtm,
wats the diff between an aftercooler and the water/alcohol injection??