PDA

View Full Version : Good interior leatherette cleaning products?

BMW_M52_M20
12-09-2002, 08:09 PM
Well I was in my car today taking some of our old ski's to play it again sports, and I noticed, that my light grey interior is really starting to look dirty. I need something strong to take out the grime? Any suggestions?
On top of that, I had to fold the right hand back seat down to fit the skis through, and when my mom shut the passenger door, the edge of the ski, made a a 3cm gash on the door leather part. :mad:
Shit happens, but I was a little pissed!!!!!
Cheers
Jay

bmwm5lover
12-09-2002, 10:35 PM
i use this leather conditioner/cleaner thats really good. let me know if u want the name, cause its all the way down in my car.

swisherchico
12-09-2002, 10:58 PM
LEXOL is what I think is the best, and its been reffered by "Two Guys in a Garage" TV show.

They have both a cleaner and condition in seperate bottles. WORKS GREAT*th-up*

mkgino
12-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Jays_Arctic323is
Well I was in my car today taking some of our old ski's to play it again sports, and I noticed, that my light grey interior is really starting to look dirty. I need something strong to take out the grime? Any suggestions?
On top of that, I had to fold the right hand back seat down to fit the skis through, and when my mom shut the passenger door, the edge of the ski, made a a 3cm gash on the door leather part. :mad:
Shit happens, but I was a little pissed!!!!!
Cheers
Jay

Posted this a while ago

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8024

DunDan
12-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Here's another one for ya:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3854&highlight=lexol

BMW_M52_M20
12-17-2002, 04:49 PM
Well, I bought this stuff called "Mothers Leather cleaner" I heard mothers products are good. Of course I am a dumb ass and have leatherette in my car, and this also says not to use on rough leather surfaces. So I guess I am going to take it back, I don't want it to ruin anything!
Jay

mkgino
12-17-2002, 05:38 PM
Whats the difference between Leather and Leatherette??

BMW_M52_M20
12-17-2002, 05:42 PM
One is real leather, and mine I am pretty sure is an imitation leather. I am pretty sure mine is not real leather.
Jay

mkgino
12-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Jays_Arctic323is
One is real leather, and mine I am pretty sure is an imitation leather. I am pretty sure mine is not real leather.
Jay

Hmmm, I am almost positive I have real leather, In my glove compartment I have this card thing that says Genuine Nappa Leather so.....