PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Jamil20
12-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Hey guys. New guy reporting in. Jeffrie dragged me over here from the bimmerforums. :) Been looking for local BMW groups. Seems there are a couple, but they're all very fragmented. What do you guys think of the BMWCC of Ottawa? I was thinking of becoming a member, since they seem to have some pretty good events. I'm just afraid that they're all old folks. :)

So I picked up this '96 328i just 3 weeks ago to replace my last E36 (oops *angel*). Jeffrie says it's pretty rare with the factory installed LSD. I initially thought it was weird that a 328i came with the old style thin grille, but the car looked pretty clean. It was a Montreal car, so it has a bit of Montreal rust. It's an automatic, so not really a track car or anything. I just think it's a beautiful car, and love driving it around. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures of it. No mods yet, but looking for some show mods to start. Oh yeah, and fix the peeling chrome on the grille. :rolleyes:

Jamil20
12-09-2006, 09:25 AM
It has winters with some ugly cracked hubcaps. :)

Winter's probably won't last another year, so going to pickup some nice summer wheels and put some new winters on the OE bottlecap alloys.

Jamil20
12-09-2006, 09:28 AM
One more pictures for fun. Worst rust spot (that was fixed rather poorly) is on the A pillar. You can see it in this picture.

Bob Loblaw
12-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Hiya! Welcome aboard.

Us maX locals usually meet on Wednesday nights in Orléans during the nicer months. A lot of the guys also go to Tim Horton's on Friday nights at the corner of Maitland & Merivale.

jeffrie
12-09-2006, 12:53 PM
What do you guys think of the BMWCC of Ottawa? I was thinking of becoming a member, since they seem to have some pretty good events. I'm just afraid that they're all old folks. :)

Welcome.
Events are ok 2 cruises (spring & fall) every year that are pretty decent if you get to the front of the pack, but yah majority is "old folk".

bmdbley'sBro
12-09-2006, 03:19 PM
welcome to max *par-t*

nice 328 *th-up*

Nascar318is
12-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Welcome to max..

Your 328 looks mighty clean!

We'll(I) should let you know roughly a month in advance for the BMWcc Cruises....Usually 3rd or last week of May and 3rd or last week of October. Like Jeff said stay near the front or else you'll be stuck driving 20KM under the limit and loose everyone and burn gas for nothing...

The Sly
12-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Any old or young local BMW guys are always welcome :D :D

Welcome to Max*drink*

oldskool3
12-10-2006, 03:04 PM
welcome to max!