PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Deal

Soldo
12-09-2002, 06:09 PM
ALRIGHT, first off, these are NOT STOLLEN. I am selling a SAMAURAI Pro Series CLUB speaker, there was a bit of a mixup when i bought the speaker, and i got an EXTRA speaker by accident, the speakers go for around $1,500-$2,000 each. However, i got em threw a friend at cost, and paid just over $1400 for each speaker, thats with tax included, i'm open to any REASONABLE offer, or a useful trade, anyways, again, they are NOT STOLLEN, just hit me with some offers,
Thanks,
Keven
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Soldo
12-09-2002, 06:18 PM
i ALMOST FORGOT, some pics and info about the speaker.
Its a 300W club speaker, also used in TV stations, but i was told are capable of handleing 500W, it's LIQUID COOLED, and the speaker is made from KEVLAR (its what they use in bullet-proof vests*love* ), it is also DIGITAL READY!
its a GREAT speaker, and it just POUNDS, and here is a pic of the speaker!
Also, i forgot to mention, this speaker is BRAND NEW, i got it over the weekend, and has NEVER been used!!
Make an offer!

SpoolinS6
12-09-2002, 06:49 PM
i ALSO have a set of those they r really strong !

Soldo
12-09-2002, 07:48 PM
thanks for the help/backup!!
:D :D :D

Soldo
12-11-2002, 02:38 AM
alright, need to sell, any offers?!?!
:confused: :confused:

GRP
12-11-2002, 03:35 AM
I dont want to burst your bubble I bougt a set of those speakers brand new for $75. They are no 2k, they actually in my opinion are a pile of $hit. No accuracy, in playback, sound like a set of realistic speakers from radioshack or worse, highs zero.

Sorry to be so negative, they are a low quality and they have absolutely NO KEVLAR in them at all.

Soldo
12-11-2002, 07:01 PM
nah man, i think you got the WRONG speakers, of you just got RIPPED OFF, thats what i paid dude, got receipts to prove, but anyways, it is real kevlar, you can see it from the grill!!
give it a try, shoot the speaker!!!
*uzi* :D
anyways, alright PEOPLE, NEED TO PAY SOME VISA bills, and x-mas presents, i'll part for just about anything!!!!
*drink*

gscully
12-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Nice scam you have going those speakers are not worth a kick in the nuts. There are two possibilities

1) you got scammed by the guys driving around in a van selling these speakers claiming to be high end speakers and now you're trying to cut your losses or
2) your van broke down. *uzi* *shiner*

check this link anyone that is considering buying these

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB26&Number=1522685&Forum=UBB26&Words=grafdale&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1522685

I've seen the speakers involved in this scam and they look identical to the ones you posted.
If you want people to scam why don't you go to an orphanage and take from their donation box it should be pretty full this time of year. *no-no*

SickFinga
12-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Hahahahahahaha speakers from the VAN :D
let me guess, the story was out shop loaded too much :D

I meet them twice, they wanted to sell me speakers first time and subwoofer second time.
They showed some flyer saying they cost $800 each or soething, in reality they are about $100 speakers.

Anyway, when they were offering them to me they were MTS speakers, I guess they came up with a new name

Lil'Smoothie
12-12-2002, 12:56 AM
haha one of my boys, friend got taken by those dudes in the van. He dropped mad billz in sh!tty @$$ speakers, they got the man sellin em back tho *shiner*

Soldo
12-12-2002, 02:14 AM
dudes, i'm tellin you, check with M-powered, hes got the same ones, i have the RECIEPT from where I bought them, and trust me, i ain't no scamer!!!
secondly, the speakers REALLY are good, i'm actually, thinkin if i would be able to put it in my car!!!!!
but hey, anyways, if there are any OFFERS (not negative/false FEEDBACK) :huh?: , give me a shout!!
trust me, their legit!!!!

Gamite
12-12-2002, 02:17 AM
I think there's a way to tell if they're real, if you pull the speakers out, there should be a triple magnet on them, if not they're fake, just pull them out n take a pic..

SickFinga
12-12-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
dudes, i'm tellin you, check with M-powered, hes got the same ones, i have the RECIEPT from where I bought them, and trust me, i ain't no scamer!!!
secondly, the speakers REALLY are good, i'm actually, thinkin if i would be able to put it in my car!!!!!
but hey, anyways, if there are any OFFERS (not negative/false FEEDBACK) :huh?: , give me a shout!!
trust me, their legit!!!!

No one said that you are a scammer, but you got scammed over.

Soldo
12-12-2002, 02:35 AM
alright, tomorrow, you guys will see the pic, of the TRIPPLE magnite, thank you SOOO MUCH GAMITE!!!
*th-up* *th-up*

KIRASIR
12-12-2002, 02:43 AM
Does this look familiar?

White van, happened a couple years ago. Paid about $200 bucks for both. For $200 they sound pretty good, anything higher than that would be a scam.

SL

gscully
12-12-2002, 02:52 AM
Honestly if u don't stop misrepresenting these speakers u should be banned. This is considered fraud,

Which retail store did u buy them from? So we can call the store and make sure they are legit.

Did u read the posts from ClubSi, one of the guys got taken for the Samaurai:
"I got suckered too once, about 3 years ago, mine are called 'SAMAURAI', I was a kid back then, I paid 300 for them tho, they have a 12 inch sub and a 3 inch tweeter, they still work, I guess for 100 bucks a year, they more than paid for themselves. But still....I got suckered!! "

I sincerely hope that u did not pay $1400 for each speaker, they are RadioShack quality. You're now either
1)Blatently trying to scam the users of MaxBimmer, or
2)In complete denial *wiggle*

325Ryan
12-12-2002, 02:53 AM
ok dudes who are dissing the speakers. you cannot judge a speaker by how it looks.

Jensen speakers are pure crap but they look nice and crome. Rockford speakers look like nothing special but they pound.

Why are people always runnin they mouth?

gscully
12-12-2002, 03:00 AM
It's true that you can't tell everything just by looking at a pic but can you read? How about checking out the reviews that I supplied via the clubsi link.
If you think they're so good how about you buy them and then you can add to the list of bad reviews of people that were scammed.

gscully
12-12-2002, 04:02 AM
Just noticed this:

Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i

when i bought the speaker, and i got an EXTRA speaker by accident, the speakers go for around $1,500-$2,000 each. However, i got em threw a friend at cost, and paid just over $1400 for each speaker, thats with tax included...

...i have the RECIEPT from where I bought them, and trust me, i ain't no scamer!!!

So u bought them from your friend who gave u an extra speaker by accident but u paid over $1400 for each speaker, and u have receipts????

I hope that M_powered helped you make up the reciepts better than your lame story.

Slowered318
12-12-2002, 04:29 AM
OHHHH $HITT

Soldomatic i'm sorry to say it but thoes things are worth about $100 each at best. I know I had a set of them I paid $150 for the pair.. i used them as pure jokes and they ended up in the back of a chevette in a sub box made out of scrap wood.

They have NO crossover, No power handling, NO sound quality, NO kevlar, NO parts worth any money. And I would leave a club laughing if i seen them hanging from the wall.

BTW i still have the midrange and nasty horn tweeter if you blow yours and need to replace them. And If you put some cotton batting in the box it will help with the hollow boomy sound they make.

Also the boxes make good work benches and if you fiberglass the sub it makes a good ash tray.

Slowered318
12-12-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by 325Ryan
ok dudes who are dissing the speakers. you cannot judge a speaker by how it looks.

Jensen speakers are pure crap but they look nice and crome. Rockford speakers look like nothing special but they pound.

Why are people always runnin they mouth?

I can judge a speaker by looking at it.. and I judge these to be CRAP

bmwm5lover
12-12-2002, 02:26 PM
LOL..You guys are pure jokes, i havent laugfhed so hard in quite sumtime! i dont know if those are real or not, but my offer is $50, just to save u the embarassment!

Soldo
12-12-2002, 06:29 PM
how can you guys tell what kinda speakers are being used, you can put, ANY sub in ANY BOX, and since they all look the same, how do you know if mines real or fake, i kid you not, the pair i have, are good, i got this speaker for free, so i'm lookin at gettin a bit for, i never said, WHO LIKES THESE SPEAKERS, or ARE THESE REAL, i said, anyone want it!!!!
:moon:
BTW, 325RYAN, good point, VERY GOOD POINT INDEED!!!

gscully
12-12-2002, 08:15 PM
The fact remains that these speakers are used to con unknowing buyers. You obviously were trying to play it off like the speakers were worth $2000, when you knew that they are garbage.

How is it possible for anyone with half a brain to read the posts on this thread and not believe that these speakers are a scam??
People are not saying that they are bad because they dont look top of the line, but because they are used as part of a scam to con people into thinking they are something they are not.

On the ClubSi link u can get first hand knowledge of what people think of the speaker, most of whom bought it from the back of a van from a guy who said that he got one extra by mistake. Not too different from your story.

Brochures and reciepts are printed up that look proffesional to trick the suckers into thinking they are real.

If these speakers are all that you said they are why have u still not posted what store you got them from? Or any store that carries them.

thinair
12-12-2002, 08:40 PM
I was just looking at the constuction of the speaker in that pic there (I don't mean to bash your stuff), but first look at the mid speaker, paper cone. The Woofer is vinyl/plastic coated paper. Look at the screws holding in the woofer, there shouldn't be screws, generally it's bolts, or at least larger screws. Club horns are usually way bigger. Now that I think about it, club speakers are big, plus 500W for a 3-way club speaker?

What exactly is liquid cooled on the speaker? And how? There isn't much in the way of rubbing parts (if any), but I imagine the amount of air the woofer would push would cool anything that thought of getting hot.

Sorry, my 2 cents. (I used to be sound (A/V) tech in high school)

Slowered318
12-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Ok you guys are getting high end home audio speakers confused with perfesional PA (bar/club/DJ) speakers. Thoes speakers are in deed PA speakers but no they are not worth more then $100 each. profesional PA speakers usually go for $150-500 each NOT $1400 that's a skam. They also offer one or two 12" to 18" woofers. They don't sound very good unless they are used in a large room with many other speakers take a look the next time your at a club.. here is an example of a $200 PA speaker

Slowered318
12-12-2002, 11:11 PM
And for your viewing pleasure!

A JBL concert array of 8 VT4889's.. thats a total of 16 - 15" woofers, 32 - 8" midranges, 24 horns. and a system power rateing of over 30,000 watts.. haha i need that for my next back yard party!!! *mw* :D

niko_gt
12-13-2002, 01:33 AM
hahaha that white van strikes... i get so many guys trying to sell me speakers in a white work van. i just casually tell them "i bought some already from the other guy in another van" hahaha

KennyTheGreat
12-13-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by niko_gt
hahaha that white van strikes... i get so many guys trying to sell me speakers in a white work van. i just casually tell them "i bought some already from the other guy in another van" hahaha

lol

anyways

guys, stop trying to flame this man's thread, actually, i think if your buying speakers, u should be able to hear them first, but thatz just my own opinion. I don't know if Sold, did get scammed but if you guys aren't sure then you might as well not say anything.

Slowered318
12-13-2002, 02:27 AM
I'm not trying to flame SOLDOMATIC and his speaker. It makes me sad to hear some crook took that money from him and riped him off.

SOLDOMATIC 325i as a fellow maxbimmer member I'm just trying to inform you about this so you don't get ripped off! Take them back! and if whoever sold them to you won't take them back contact the police. It's fraud and you shouldn't be a victum of it!!!

Next van guy I see i'm gonna punch him out!! :mad: Some van guy tried to sell armani leather jackets for $250 they looked so real but i passed it up.. later that year I hear about the skam on the radio and the company got charged.

Slowered318
12-13-2002, 02:45 AM
Take a look at this if you don't belive me.

I searched everywhere on the net and all i could find is scam reports.. check it out

http://www.scamshield.com

KennyTheGreat
12-13-2002, 04:10 AM
damn

maybe u can ebay them :D

Miguel
12-13-2002, 04:19 AM
HAAA HAA ha ha ha!!! I was "white van-ned" at Ryerson U. just before the summer... luckily I was in a rush and didnt think twice about them. "Yo, you want speakers?".. Great sales tactics:rolleyes:

Kal
12-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Slowered318

Next van guy I see i'm gonna punch him out!! :mad: Some van guy tried to sell armani leather jackets for $250 they looked so real but i passed it up.. later that year I hear about the skam on the radio and the company got charged.

lol .... i got scammed like that..i bought a 'versaci' jacket..he wanted 600 bucks for it..i told him i'll give him a 150..and he's like ok..lol...i bought it..went home .. checked it out properly and sure enuff i got scammed...

my family had a good laugh out of it though..i'm glad to hear that ****er got busted*uzi*

kal

WhadUpp
12-14-2002, 02:02 AM
*uzi* *thmbsdwn* I've encountered the van scam twice and both times I rejected their offer.
The first time it was near Bathurst/Eglinton, while the second time it was at Sherway Gardens in front of the Bay entrance facing the North side. Both times they tried to intimidate me like they were hinting that it would be in my best interest to buy them, but that only made me more angry, and I told them that the police are looking for a white van in the area. Immediately they left me alone.
They seem to wait to prey on you when you are walking alone, and they are very persistent.

Slowered318
12-14-2002, 03:13 PM
well when the guy with the minivan selling jackets finally left.. he drove over the curb and smashed up his rear body moldings hahahah i laughed my a$$ off!

gscully
12-15-2002, 05:52 PM
That guy in the minivan got what he deserved....Anyone notice how the guy that was trying to scam people with this thread shut his mouth pretty quickly when the truth came out.

Soldo
12-15-2002, 06:11 PM
I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK,
i didn't shut my mouth, i'm just not wastin my time arguing with you guys, i put this post up, and thats all, i didn't expect this much, i know the truth, and anyone that is interested can come see that i'm not lyin, so whatever!!!
*th-up* *th-up*

Slowered318
12-15-2002, 07:18 PM
"ignorance is bliss" right?

bmwm5lover
12-16-2002, 09:13 PM
Just give the guy a break. He made a mistake, and there is no need to pick on it. Besides, you dont know the real story!:P
Just be nice to everyonez!

Usic
12-17-2002, 12:45 AM
Dude you know they're crap when the person selling them out of the van goes from like 300 bucks a pair down to 150.
It happened to me at a 400 service station.

I was with brown guy, and this van with these two ladies pull up and their like "you want speakers?" "they said how they we're delivering the speakers up north to a bar and the "idiots" in shipping put on the invoice 12 speakers, but instead of 12 there was 24. So they were going to sell 12"
we said we had no money then they asked how much we had in each others bank accounts,
we said 100 and 50. So they said they'd sell it for 150.

I laughed and told them how a guy at my highschool got busted in grade nine trying to sell those speakers.
But you have to give them 'A' for effort cause the story they told me was the best one I've heard when some idiot gets stuck with SAMURAI speakers.

gscully
12-17-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
Just give the guy a break. He made a mistake, and there is no need to pick on it. Besides, you dont know the real story!:P

He's not admitting to making a mistake, he continues to insist that the speakers are worth thousands of dollars. He also made blatent lies to try to convince people that the speakers are worth that amount of money. He didn't reply to any of my comments, so if he takes back everything he said and admits that he was scammed and was trying to cut his losses (by scamming someone else) then I'll back off.

bmwm5lover
12-17-2002, 10:56 AM
I dont what to tell you, but whatever the case maybe, be the wise one, and just back off, who cares? Lifes too short to get mad and offensive over shyt like that.

daytona
12-17-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover

Everyone makes mistakes...buyers beware there are scammers everywhere...he probably got ripped off on these speakers and is trying to do the same to some unexpecting fool..

M-ATTACK
12-17-2002, 03:47 PM
i think i seen those same speakers at the flea market!

maverick
12-17-2002, 08:06 PM
GUYS WHO F"ing CARES IF YOUNEED SPEAKERS GO SEE THEM IF YOU LIKE THEM F"ING BUY THEM SHUT UP> ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WE ALL NOW ABOUT THE VAN SO IF YOU THINK THERE FAKE GREAT STOP BEING ASSES.*uzi* FFFAAAHHHKKK. at the begining the information and warning was s good thing a little flaming was ok if you think he was trying to rip people off im sure he can handle it but I think everyone got the point now. If you like them buy them if not quite using this thread as a reason to post whore.LOL
My rant has ended

Soldo
12-17-2002, 08:25 PM
MAVERICK, 2 words, THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!!!!!
*wave* *wave*

KennyTheGreat
12-18-2002, 12:34 AM
omg i tried to help u

no thanks to me eh? :O

i'll remember this :D

KennyTheGreat
12-18-2002, 12:46 AM
wtf, brower screwd,,,

ignore this one...

bmwm5lover
12-18-2002, 10:48 AM
I tried to help too.......*sad* *shiner*

Soldo
12-18-2002, 10:44 PM
alright, sorry about that, its just that maverick was the last one to say anything,
alright,
THANKS TO ANYONE THAT HELPED ME!!!
*angel* *angel*

bmwm5lover
12-18-2002, 10:46 PM
its ok bro, i was just playin anyways!

Lil'Smoothie
12-19-2002, 01:04 AM
show us pics of the magnet!!!!!

e46it
12-20-2002, 02:35 AM
Stop f@#$ing wasting space on the web server. Between all of you there is at least 10MB of space allocated to this thread, with all the sig's and crap back and forth. Nothing personal…..LOL

KennyTheGreat
12-20-2002, 04:20 AM
lol
ur last post just hit 10mbs lol
jksjks

hmm
hey i wasn't joking!!!
lol

jksj ks
but if u want to get rid of them for cheap

LMK

cuz i just blew my dads pair of 1960 speakers LOL

hahhaah

Furious
12-21-2002, 12:32 AM
those samurais,, are ok speakers.. i got my friend a set for $200 last year off a van.. worth it. they still sound great