PDA

View Full Version : New guy

carjoe
12-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi!

Just picked up a 93 325is, saying hello. I'll probably meet some of you in the summer around town.

Hey Sly*wave* It's your fault, when you let me drive the white 325ix, I was hooked....

Joey

Boots R
12-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Let me be the first to say.. pics please!

carjoe
12-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Here ya go. I was going to wait until it was semi-clean but since you asked!

Picture a really dirty jet black stock 325is with tinted windows...oh and the trunks been debadged.

Boots R
12-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Standard? niiiiiice. Congrats on your new arrival!

... now CLEAN THAT CAR! :D

Understated
12-07-2006, 02:10 PM
wow thats jet black? definately have to have taht thing detailed come spring :D

NateoriouS
12-07-2006, 02:28 PM
NICE..! welcome to Max

Euro
12-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Cheers!

carjoe
12-07-2006, 03:03 PM
I think it's jet black. I would have called it charcoal metallic...One of the service manuals that came with the car had jet black hand written on it.

The sticker on the strut tower said something metallic. I need to brush up on my german.

Yup, 5 spd. I'm ridiculously happy.

Picked it up last night, put one baby to bed and washed the other baby in the garage. I need to reclean the engine compartment. I don't think it's been clean since she was new.

oldskool3
12-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Welcome to max buddy. Its always awesome when we get another ottawa member. Plus we were lacking on e36's at all the meets. Car looks good. *th-up*

bmdbley'sBro
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
welcome to Max, nice car! *par-t* *th-up*

jeffrie
12-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Nice radio,
Welcome, now theirs 5 e36's in the Ottawa group.

chromius
12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Welcome to Max, and Welcome to the Ottawa group*wave*

Hope to see you out at the meets next summer, or even some parking lot fun in the winter*th-up*

ecuconnection
12-08-2006, 01:14 PM
welcome !! & nice ride... love the color...Great bunch of guy's here...Cheer's!

Nascar318is
12-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Nice radio,
Welcome, now theirs 5 e36's in the Ottawa group.

Actually I was going over my duddy list from Ottawa and I have over 50 names on there...

But yeah 5 E36's from the regulars..

Joey: Welcome to Max! Hope to meet you in the summer. You know Sylvain? Are from around Buckingham out of Curiosity?

carjoe
12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Actually I was going over my duddy list from Ottawa and I have over 50 names on there...

But yeah 5 E36's from the regulars..

Joey: Welcome to Max! Hope to meet you in the summer. You know Sylvain? Are from around Buckingham out of Curiosity?

Sylvain is married to my step sister...I've actually never been to his place but we meet up at my parents. Sly always has something cooking.

How are those points coming along? I'm joe_herz on redliners.

Nascar318is
12-11-2006, 11:56 AM
haha that's funny you're from redliners(Eviltwin is floating around on here as well). I take it you are not a young lad(maturity wise) by the way you post on there.

I'm at 224,000 right now. Wasted 110,000 on Y101 on the GB dvd/cd collection. What about yourself? Did I ever send you the links for those blogs?

**Just noticed your posting on Redliners for your tie-rods and what not. You should take her down to Sylvains and work on it over the winter..

carjoe
12-11-2006, 12:05 PM
tie rods? Me? Nope. I've inquired at No Limits but it was way too expensive. I may hit up a vendor I found on Ebay for new control arms.tie rods, ball joints and RTAB bushings.

Otherwise I haven't posted on RL other than to ask what I should be looking for after having bought the car sight unseen....

I've got the garage. No need to hit up Sylvain for space. Though I'm sure he'd be willing to help. I may call him to borrow some tools!

Oh, depends on your definition of young guy. Is 31 old yet?

I got the links fo rthe blogs, I haven't been collecting for about a week now though. I just can't be bothered. I can't buy anything and the draws are way screwy...

Nascar318is
12-11-2006, 12:30 PM
HAHA yeah 31 is young. As I'm 28.

Some parts are expensive, But I picked up my exhaust and alternater off of Mike. Way cheaper then anywhere else. I always check with Mike first for prices then I'll go somewhere else If I can get it cheaper.

Sylvain has always been good to the guys on here when it comes to helping with there bmw's. If you ever look shops for stuff you can't do talk to Sylvain and he'll let you know where to go. Some garages hear the word BMW and they jack the price up..Happened to me with my tint at Shades :( Anyway you'll have to come on the BMWcc cruises next year(usually 30-50) cars. And occasionally the odd M & M friday night meets.

chromius
12-11-2006, 01:06 PM
And occasionally the odd M & M friday night meets.

well, pretty much every Friday;)

Spennie
12-11-2006, 01:22 PM
If it gets any colder we'll have to take our coffee into Adam's 5'er and keep the engine running ^_^

Welcome to the group :D

chromius
12-11-2006, 01:31 PM
If it gets any colder we'll have to take our coffee into Adam's 5'er and keep the engine running ^_^

Welcome to the group :D

LOL, keep the engine running!? No need, It keeps the inside warm with the engine off:cool:

Panda Speed
12-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Welcome joey! Im a newbie 2 :P:P. Nice rid rock that e36 :) Hope to see you in the summer@the meets, weeeeeeeeeoooow!!!

Boots R
12-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Welcome joey! Im a newbie 2 :P:P. Nice rid rock that e36 :) Hope to see you in the summer@the meets, weeeeeeeeeoooow!!!

lol he's an ottawa native. I don't believe too many local Ottawa boys make it down for meets :P

chromius
12-11-2006, 02:08 PM

I don't think you count as a newbie anymore with 200+ posts:P

carjoe
12-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I used to visit relatives in the GTA pretty often but now that I've got a 20 month old, she's not into the road trips just yet...

Manimillion
12-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Just saw the post, welcome aboard. Hope to see you come out to some of the motorsport of ottawa's event with that car. There are only a handful of BMW enthusiast who represent the BMW's at the local events.

By the way, for the love of your car don't park your car in gear. The parking brake is there for a reason.

carjoe
12-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Mani-No worries, the parking brake is on. 16 clicks high but it's on.

Panda-I love 'verts. I was looking for an E36 convertible but when this one came up, well....

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

ecuconnection
12-12-2006, 05:05 PM
welcome welcome

Spennie
12-13-2006, 06:57 PM
LOL, keep the engine running!? No need, It keeps the inside warm with the engine off:cool:

I forgot your car circulates the engine coolant... lol when I get my 5'er (already in the works :D) I'll put a bypass on that biatch to shoot hot coolant out the side of the car *shiner*

Haha.. Ooh, Amanda is gonna come to our Ottawa meets? Finally we'll have our token female :D

chromius
12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
... when I get my 5'er (already in the works :D) ...

Just don't get the same color as me...*uzi* ;)

Spennie
12-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Just don't get the same color as me...*uzi* ;)

I'll give you guys a sneak peak of what it's gonna look like... I've already put things "into the works" as you say, securing finances and minions to attach my mods.

http://www.semplesrvcenter.com/bimmerpics/rolling.jpg

chromius
12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
nice..is that the actual one you are getting, or just what it's going to look like?

Spennie
12-13-2006, 07:35 PM
nice..is that the actual one you are getting, or just what it's going to look like?

Basically I'm going to find a black 5 series. Depending on price, 6spd or not and KM's it'll be anywhere from 1997-2003. Preferably w/ the m5 package w/ bodykit, m parallel rims, sport etc.

Then I'll add the rest of the parts to make it into that masterpiece. I've budgeted around $23k for the car and around $5-10k for mods including sound, engine, exterior etc. POSSIBLY supercharger, but I have no idea about pricing or anything. I want to have it finished within the next year :)

I imagine a supercharger would run around $10k by itself... I know m5 rims are also expensive and those are my favourite for the E39.. So we'll see.

chromius
12-13-2006, 07:53 PM
what happend to the e90/e92?

Spennie
12-13-2006, 08:21 PM
what happend to the e90/e92?

Realised I don't want to spend $800-$900 a month on a car, only to have it be a lease that I can't mod.. I'd rather have a payment between $300 and $600 and mod it up nice... Plus when I saw your 540i and looked at some of the cars on bimmerforums I realized that I really liked them! :)

Nascar318is
12-14-2006, 09:52 AM
That'll look pretty sweet! You guys are nuts lol.. I was going to get an M but I think I'll take that 20-30K and put it as a down on a house...I'll drive my 318is till she blows.

Jamil20
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey Nascar. What HID setup do you have? Looks pretty good.

carjoe
12-14-2006, 10:37 AM
That'll look pretty sweet! You guys are nuts lol.. I was going to get an M but I think I'll take that 20-30K and put it as a down on a house...I'll drive my 318is till she blows.

Did that, best thing I've ever done. It took a few years for the toy money to come back but I now have my own garage for bigger and badder toys!

Nascar318is
12-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey Nascar. What HID setup do you have? Looks pretty good.

Sorry no HID's:( Wasn't in my budget. Just Depo lights with CCFL AE's

Nascar318is
12-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Did that, best thing I've ever done. It took a few years for the toy money to come back but I now have my own garage for bigger and badder toys!

Nice, that's my plan. A decent house with a kickass garage.

The Sly
04-11-2007, 02:19 AM
Joey my man
Sorry for the late response but they say better late than never.
With the back accident i have been a little quiet for the last year.

i am very very happy to see you posting on here but i am mostly happy that you got yourself a nice little BMW toy.

I have been checking some of your posts so i can see pictures of your toy..
Good deal and perfect for you ..5 speed, 325 M50 engine...you will be modifying it very shortly as i know you from previous vehicules you had.

I have allready copied some of the pictures so i can show Danielle and the kids.

So tell me how long is the mod list and have you allready done something to it?

Anyway you know me, if you need any help or tools or anything else, just call or you may just have to come down and see us to show me that E36.

Hope to see you at some of the meets we have scheduled.

I don't know if Nascar318 already told you but he is the one responsible to setup a BBQ get together at our house so it will probably happen again this summer....right Tony!*drink*

Anyway Joey I am very happy for you and don't blame it on my old IX if you got yourself a BMW:D

Sly

Nascar318is
04-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't know if Nascar318 already told you but he is the one responsible to setup a BBQ get together at our house so it will probably happen again this summer....right Tony!*drink*

Sly

For sure Sylvain, if we get your permission again I'll set one up, we just have to figure out a date and that.:) Lots of stuff going on this year on the weekends. From Bachelor party's to Ski-Doo hill climbs to Weddings, BMW cruises--and Of course my Nascar races south of the border. At work I'm really busy and have to move PC's for 5 weekends straight :(

Maybe take the money from that and get a M3 engine from Montreal. He has to get back to me, he's saying he wants $1500 for a complete swap...sounds to good to be true, just for the engine and harness and tranny, clutch...etc... Thing is probablly blown:(

carjoe
04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Nascar:Wow, that would ne a killer deal. It does sound too good. Since you're starting with a 318, how much more are you looking at for drivetrain, electronics and suspension?

Mods? Not many planned at this point. Aside from the lovely leaks I found over the weekend, this year will be mostly maintenance preventive and otherwise.

Though, since you're asking, contours or M-parallels, suspension and ultimately some kind of forced induction. This things won't be as cheap to mod as my last car so it's going to take a little longer....

chromius
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Maybe take the money from that and get a M3 engine from Montreal. He has to get back to me, he's saying he wants $1500 for a complete swap...sounds to good to be true, just for the engine and harness and tranny, clutch...etc... Thing is probablly blown:(

Definitly sounds too good...s50/s52's go for $3000 and up depending on condition. I know because I was looking to do the same swap on the e30 before I sold her. But hell, if you can get it for 1500, and it runs, that's awesome.

Nascar318is
04-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Definitly sounds too good...s50/s52's go for $3000 and up depending on condition. I know because I was looking to do the same swap on the e30 before I sold her. But hell, if you can get it for 1500, and it runs, that's awesome.

That's what I said, but I think the guy worded it wrong big time. Well, if it is good, time to rack up the credit line and borrow Sylvains garage:)

Joe, Yeah suspension and that, I'd be looking at after the initial buy. I think I would just need a diff and driveshaft for now.. The electronics should be included, if it's a complete engine w harness. Waiting on his PM..

Jamil20
04-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I need to patch up my rust. I wanted to do wheels this summer, but looks like I'm riding on the bottlecaps for a while longer. Anybody got any recommendations for who to go to for rust fixing? I got a big mess on my hands, and the car is worth fixing.

everlast
04-12-2007, 02:12 AM

Damn straight! Welcome to max, btw! :)

carjoe
04-12-2007, 07:32 AM
All you have to say is food and I'm in. Besides, I haven't been to your place yet Sly. I've had the eggs though.... :)

The Sly
04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey there new guy ...How is that E36 holding up with the bitch clip of the new shifter?

Man that temperature is really bad and it's getting me in a bad mood:mad:
The convertible is up on ramps right now... I am finally done with the new black leather interior..WOW.. What a difference.
Now i am in the process of doing the steel braided brake lines and the cross drilled rotors and pads and at the same time i am repainting the calipers and everything else around this shit.
Next is the 4.10 Diff coming out and reinstalling a new 3.73 LSD + i want to open the muffler and redo the chambers for a little more flow and then close it up.

Then I hope it will be nice enought out there so i can calibrate the piggyback computer to the supercharger and get some rubber burning.
But that bad weather has been holding me back even if i have a garage, i still have to heat it up and i hate working with the door close.

Joey i will be at the Ottawa hospital on wednesday at around 1h00.... How can i get a hold of you?

carjoe
04-17-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm at the Civic for the day. I'll PM my extension.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for ya. Wow.

Shifter's good, just have to bend the shifter to put everything back in it's place. 5th is a bit of a stretch and 1st is just way off. I have to say, once the clip is figured out, the whole process is pretty easy. Time to disassemble everything again....

The Sly
04-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm at the Civic for the day. I'll PM my extension.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for ya. Wow.

Shifter's good, just have to bend the shifter to put everything back in it's place. 5th is a bit of a stretch and 1st is just way off. I have to say, once the clip is figured out, the whole process is pretty easy. Time to disassemble everything again....

Oh Yea are you gonna replace or bend it?
I also have the Z4 shifter and very happy with it.

Joey ...If you feel that your E36 is not fast enough, i have just the right thing for you...
Can you spell NITROUS...You know just a little help from a little gas*rockout*
You don't need to put it at ridiculous numbers....Which is what some guys do and then they wonder why they dammaged there engine.

You would not believe what a 50 or 60 shot can do.
I had so much fun with this setup on my other BMW.
I started at 50shot and found out that 75 shot on a stock 2.5l was perfect without any other mods.

Anyway i will probably put the setup for sale in ottawa used since i now have the supercharger.

SLy

carjoe
04-18-2007, 12:53 PM
As tempting as nitrous is, I have to pass. I've got too many little thigns to take care before i worry about speed.

You are right, I do feel it's a little slow. I had a run in with an IS300 yesterday morning, it was dead nuts even. I wasn't expecting it until I noticed he kept pacing me. Shift for shift nobody gained any ground. I hate that!

As for the shifter, it's getting better but I will take it out and bend it. I'm still unhappy with the shifter placement but the notchiness is getting better and should get much better when I add weight to the selector rod.

I never drove the convertible, I'm glad i didn't or I'd have one of those now too...it must be just sick now.

Nascar318is
04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Did you go and get your parts at Elite? I went today and they got me the wrong plug..it's a full plug with no holes, I'll put it on for now and wait to get 3 more lol..

carjoe
04-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Nope, today sometime.

Did you find the right part number?

Nascar318is
04-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Seems like they don't make the ones with the holes anymore, the part number I have is the only one I can find. And that's one 3 different diagrams. Oh well looks better, but now I have to fork out $33+tx for the other 3 lol

carjoe
04-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Got my part. Woot, it's the right one.

I would think the hole-less plugs are nicer. I'll never take mine out, no need for the holes!

Holy hell it's nice out. :thumbs up: for driving around with an open sunroof.