PDA

View Full Version : Importfest2002 - 20$ down the drain.

AMG_POWER
12-07-2002, 09:30 PM
I think it was nothing exciting...few bimmers were there, totally riced up Z3 M fully in plastic some crazy color and the lights were covered....anyway i saw few good sound systems and hummer, oh yeah and i liked one green SUPRA which i saw in yorrkdale when there were some cars inside really nice....who else whent there?

:huh?:

mkgino
12-08-2002, 12:43 AM
Honestly from the pics I dont know why any maxbimmer members went out to compete. The BMW's there didnt look like anything special so......I think the some of the BMW's here can do better than some of the cars there.............

bmwm5lover
12-08-2002, 01:12 AM
well then im no longer mad at not being able to go
heheheh

Gamite
12-08-2002, 01:26 AM
The thing is, you pay 20 bucks to see car's you've already seen at other shows. plus another 20 bucks for parking!!

Secondly, I dunno who, but they decided to put the show so late!! Who holds an import show in winter? All the cars are gonna get all salty comming to the show.. so half of the people probably decided not to show up for that reason.

From the pictures, the turn out didnt seem too good compared to last year..

mkgino
12-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
The thing is, you pay 20 bucks to see car's you've already seen at other shows. plus another 20 bucks for parking!!

Secondly, I dunno who, but they decided to put the show so late!! Who holds an import show in winter? All the cars are gonna get all salty comming to the show.. so half of the people probably decided not to show up for that reason.

From the pictures, the turn out didnt seem too good compared to last year..

When was it last year?

Gamite
12-08-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by mkgino

When was it last year?

It had to be like in september or early november, cuz it was still quite warm, they had the roof open, and I remember that lady bug problem we had last year, cuz they were flying everywhere..

Mr seville
12-08-2002, 02:40 AM
the exact date was september 27 2001. it was a better show more cars*th-up*

Euro_E30
12-08-2002, 02:48 AM
****ing bullshit.....i swear never again am i gonna go waste 20 bucks to go see the same shit every year....VERY FEW BMW like maybe 4 or 5.. the sickest one was that bright ass yellow e36 with the carbon fibre hood and gunmetal rims....but still NO E30's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! randy where the hell were u bud....lol......*devil*

330DTM
12-08-2002, 03:29 AM
Yeah I went last and it it's much better.
Warmer weather b/c on Sept....and it's not DURING EXAMS week! hehe

But all in all, I never did enjoy it, only when I saw Randy's car did I go crazy, hehe. A couple nice looking Audi's, Supra's and Subaru's!

Eurostyle
12-08-2002, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Gamite

[/B]

Yeah I totally agree! This is very bad timing, I dont know who came up with that idea! Thats the main reason why I didnt enter my car...or even go see it!!!

ChrisTO
12-08-2002, 04:56 AM
u get more out of the TO autoshow...and it's not $20! i wonder if the organizers broke even for the event.

i'll post the few pictures i have later...very few turned out any good as the lights were out! hello this is not a club. people want to see the cars. i did bump into Randy there...looking a bit jet-lagged.

Bob bimmer
12-08-2002, 07:03 AM
Not 1 damn E-30 in the whole show. CRAP is what I thought the show was, Import Fest is supposed to be HUGE and hell Octane Overdose was better! That yellow BMW with the carbon fiber hood was nice but did you see how much he was selling it for? $37,900 yeah right buddy I wish you luck but you aint getting rid of it at that price. Damn there was even one civic hatch that was so dirty it was embarassing to look at; at least wash your car for the show!

Jon@Bimmersport
12-08-2002, 07:22 AM
i didnt pay anything..THANKS ROLLED OUT!

Slowered318
12-08-2002, 07:32 AM
I spent my $20 at the club where I got to look at HOT girls insted of honda's with big wings.

Would have liked to see the BM's even though it was olny 4 or 5 of them but i'm sure i'll see them at the next max meet. I went to import fest last year so i got my fill.. Might have went again if all the max members were hitting up Richmond and John St. after that would be fun.

EMPOWERD
12-08-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by BiMMer745i
.... totally riced up Z3 M fully in plastic some crazy color and the lights were covered....

hey, hey, hey.... c'mon guys. First of all, if you knew anything about doing some quality work to cars rather than just adding a chin spoiler or stickers, you'd appreciate this yellow "riced up Z3 M" Have you even heard of Giovanni wheels? Do you realize what color that is? let me give you a hint.... it comes stock on a Lamborghini. That car used to be black with silver stripes.... IT'S M-ATTACK ON THIS BOARD!!!

BEFORE:
http://community.webshots.com/image1/3/77/38/49037738fXdRpI_ph.jpg

AFTER:
http://www.performancescene.net/images/Features/Events/ImportFest2002/importfest2k2%20103%20copy.jpg

Rolled_Out
12-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
i didnt pay anything..THANKS ROLLED OUT! ya no problem... did you guys use the other pass too? you better have done what i told u!!!!!

RaFBM325e
12-08-2002, 04:35 PM
ya i was there last year and i din;t see Randy's car so i was hoping to see it this year but i didn't cause it wasn;'t there...so thats a kick in the balls.
but u guys have some sick ass E30's so i really don't understand why u didn;t bring them. Thats the only thing i was lookin forward to so the show was pretty flop cause u guys didn't show.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
ya no problem... did you guys use the other pass too? you better have done what i told u!!!!!

yea bro i got all the cards, couldnt find your dad so can i drop em off to u?

SpoolinS6
12-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover

yea bro i got all the cards, couldnt find your dad so can i drop em off to u?

eh E46_lover remember we chilled out and u got the honda LOGOS:mad: remember that yellow e36 with the hamman body and those ugly REAR LIGHTS !WE SHOULD MURDER THAT GUY FOR DOING SUCH A THING AND SO MANY CARS WERE FOR SALE I NOTICED THAT !*uzi* :D

M3_Styles
12-08-2002, 06:41 PM
i totaly agree w/u randy..
this was definately my favourite car of the show!!
it is absolutely stunning in every aspect
i dont know who said this thing is riced up but i definately dont think so, it is jaw breaking gorgeous!! (at least to me anyway and everyone else that was looking at that car)
pics coming soon...

Gamite
12-08-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by empowerd

hey, hey, hey.... c'mon guys. First of all, if you knew anything about doing some quality work to cars rather than just adding a chin spoiler or stickers, you'd appreciate this yellow "riced up Z3 M" Have you even heard of Giovanni wheels? Do you realize what color that is? let me give you a hint.... it comes stock on a Lamborghini. That car used to be black with silver stripes.... IT'S M-ATTACK ON THIS BOARD!!!

BEFORE:
http://community.webshots.com/image1/3/77/38/49037738fXdRpI_ph.jpg

AFTER:
http://www.performancescene.net/images/Features/Events/ImportFest2002/importfest2k2%20103%20copy.jpg

HOLY SHIT, are you serious? I woulda totally not guessed that, maybe the tail's were a bit of a give away. but how come no one else took pics of it?

MP328
12-08-2002, 07:22 PM
some one posted this link in the other thread about improt fest

http://www.performancescene.net/events.importfest2002.shtml

there are more pics of M-Atacks car

MP328
12-08-2002, 07:23 PM
interior

MP328
12-08-2002, 07:23 PM
engine bay

Gamite
12-08-2002, 07:39 PM
um, how do his headlights work?

ROB89M3
12-08-2002, 07:55 PM
WTF? ?:eek: That car was mint the way it was ! Why the hell did he repaint the car that HIDEOUS color ?:mad: :(

Sorry, but I don't understand his taste...
IMO that colour absolutly doesn't suit the car....
That yellow he used is too deep a color. I would've went with a lighter shade.
This color suits the car better.

Soldo
12-08-2002, 08:12 PM
man i just HATE IT when people try knockin off nice cars, did anyone get a load of that ugly ass blue civic, with the M3 side grill, and the ///M badginig one the read deck lid!!
i just have one question for those HOMO's.................WHY?!?!?!?!
IT NOT EVEN A EUROPEAN CAR!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Miguel
12-08-2002, 09:39 PM
For all you haters, heres a better quality pic. I dare you to say this isn't a beautiful piece of work!*uzi*

bmwm5lover
12-08-2002, 09:41 PM
i think its gorgeous,, but really, how do the headlights work?

M-ATTACK
12-08-2002, 09:45 PM
i would like to say thank you to all those who complimented my car, also if you were wondering i came

FIRST for baddest EURO
also
FIRST for baddest BMW

M50E30
12-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by M-ATTACK
FIRST for baddest EURO
also
FIRST for baddest BMW

Congrats M-ATTACK!,

I do say that your M Coupe has made a big transition with that paint job. I think it does look alot better but the yellow on the inside is too much for me (prefer a custom classy all black leather/carbon fiber interior). I like monochromatic paint jobs and interiors. Since I didn't attend the show can you post a pic of the wheels?

Keep up the hard work,
Dave

EMPOWERD
12-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
WTF? ?:eek: That car was mint the way it was ! Why the hell did he repaint the car that HIDEOUS color ?:mad: :(

Sorry, but I don't understand his taste...
IMO that colour absolutly doesn't suit the car....
That yellow he used is too deep a color. I would've went with a lighter shade.
This color suits the car better.

WTF?? You obviously can't appreciate the paint until you see it in person. It is absolutely flawless and the color is so rich and deep. Much nicer than that faded nasty yellow-colored M-coupe pic you posted Rob..... but then again we are talking about YOUR taste with that gay-ass DICKRA boy-racer-wannabe sticker on your doors!:(

The headlights are painted because they were being replaced anyways and he thought it might look different for car shows... I like it, looks cool... but I think tinted lights would contrast the paint better for show purposes.

ROB89M3
12-08-2002, 10:21 PM

Much nicer than that faded nasty yellow-colored M-coupe pic you posted Rob..... but then again we are talking about YOUR taste with that gay-ass DICKRA boy-racer-wannabe sticker on your doors!:(

Hey Randy whats up?

That sticker is off the car. I also sold all the other decals I had.

SpoolinS6
12-08-2002, 10:21 PM

WTF?? You obviously can't appreciate the paint until you see it in person. It is absolutely flawless and the color is so rich and deep. Much nicer than that faded nasty yellow-colored M-coupe pic you posted Rob..... but then again we are talking about YOUR taste with that gay-ass DICKRA boy-racer-wannabe sticker on your doors!:(

The headlights are painted because they were being replaced anyways and he thought it might look different for car shows... I like it, looks cool... but I think tinted lights would contrast the paint better for show purposes.

randy does have a point we chillid out together! it wasnt bad ! eh randy thanx for the ride home!*th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
12-08-2002, 10:43 PM

i think it would go with the tint very well also, i agree..rob that m coupe was ****ing nasty! the paint looks faded as hell, and its taking a lamborghini and painting it flamingo pink! this M coupe is definitly one you have to see in person to appreciate it..congrats m-attack, you deserved it! although, im suprised i dont see a DVD player with an LCD screen in the dash instead of that panasonic cd player..

M3_Styles
12-08-2002, 11:26 PM
i agree,
the color is absolutely beautiful and i think it suits the car extremely well, i love it and it would b the color of my choice if i were to have painted it.
well said randy: "It is absolutely flawless and the color is so rich and deep"

congradulations on the winnings M-ATTACK
yur car was the highlight of the show *uzi*

Mr seville
12-08-2002, 11:39 PM
i'm sooooooo sorry i though your car was a civic hatchback from a distance!!! mindyou i'm half blind:D *wave*

Rolled_Out
12-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by M-ATTACK
i would like to say thank you to all those who complimented my car, also if you were wondering i came

FIRST for baddest EURO
also
FIRST for baddest BMW
congrats rob...

ps, what ever happened to christina? pm me..

Miguel
12-09-2002, 12:13 AM
Congrats on a beautiful car. You deserve both awards and more!

sirex
12-09-2002, 01:06 AM
the best thing that i saw at importfest was

M3rider
12-09-2002, 01:19 AM
since i live no where near toronto, i would have to agree with this last pic we see here ;) i live on the west coast (seattle), not too many car shows over here I can go see... + i am only 15 :)

M50E30
12-09-2002, 01:55 AM

Hey Randy whats up?

That sticker is off the car. I also sold all the other decals I had.

Oh look how polite Rob is when a "certain" someone rips in to ya! LOL! Man you are a two faced f*&k. How much do you pay a month to not be banned? Oh and who told you ages ago to take the "dickra" off...uuummmm EVERYONE! 'Bout time!

Here is an example for "someone" who was on vacation last week on how Rob dosen't like me bugging him (maybe Rob should have thought before he typed when he opened his big yap about my car accident)... http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8123

ROB89M3
12-09-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by M50E30

Oh look how polite Rob is when a "certain" someone rips in to ya! LOL! Man you are a two faced f*&k. How much do you pay a month to not be banned? Oh and who told you ages ago to take the "dickra" off...uuummmm EVERYONE! 'Bout time!

Here is an example for "someone" who was on vacation last week on how Rob dosen't like me bugging him (maybe Rob should have thought before he typed when he opened his big yap about my car accident)... http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8123

Dave, don't you know?
Randy doesn't bother me at all....I know he jokes around with me....
(although I think he did get a lil pissed when I posted the "Randy as a youngster video)... lol

You on the other hand are ....*thmbsdwn*

M50E30
12-09-2002, 02:13 AM
...I think he did get a lil pissed when I posted the "Randy as a youngster video...

A little?!?! Oh yeah I forgot...you know everything! God is it that fun being so ignorant/stupid?

bmwhead
12-09-2002, 03:32 AM
I kind of agree with Rob89M3 on this one guys. I liked the m-coupe a little better when it was all black (maybe without the stripes).

I can tell a lot of money and hard work was put into this car right now, but not with my personal taste.

I don't think people see the car as being painted "lamborghini yellow", but they see it painted a "yellow" that imo doesn't suit the car. (Who cares if it's lamborghini yellow?!?) Giovanni wheels are wheels that, yes are expensive, but that's about it(can't always judge something on how much it costs).

Also, i think the couple of bad stickers on Rob89m3's car didn't look half as bad as this m-coupe. Rob's car looks amazing.

Eurostyle
12-09-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by bmwhead
Also, i think the couple of bad stickers on Rob89m3's car didn't look half as bad as this m-coupe. Rob's car looks amazing. [/B]

Let the man have his stickeres....He is a Honda (CRX) driver after all!!!

addbhp
12-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Back to the original topic here, I don't understand why people complain about these shows when, by now you should know exactly what you are getting. There will always be more rice at these shows than European cars. Deal with it, I personnally think that many of you have somewhat narrow minded views that only European cars are worth looking at. Get beyond the fact that there were alot of Honda's there and actually look at the work done. I'll agree that alot of Honda's are done up the same, but it's there choice not yours to rice up their cars.

Even amongst the Honda's there were some pretty cool, items...The white skull civic coupe, although a little over the top, did have a very cool rear license plate that flipped around (very James Bond). There was one very stealth grey civic Hatch, with only a front spoiler and rims on the outside, but inside, a full 12 point cage, a very clean turbo installation...and I'm willing to bet he'd kick many of your a$$es around any track, likely mine as well.

I personally liked the show as did the three other people I went with. Aside from the Gray civic, I also like the Yellow Mcoupe, not realising it was the black and gray one, I like the Yellow 100% better. Only thing I'd change is the rear taillight treatment, I'd prefer the stock look. Also worth mentioning were The 1st genereation VW cabriolet in Orange was nice, the orange 2nd gen MR2, (ornage thing going here) as were most of the VW's there. I also liked many of the Subaru's there, and that turbo red Miata.

And I'll be honest, yes I was disappointed there where no E30's, but then some I've seen aren't that show worthy, and yet you try.

And I'd have to say not one of the E36's there was note worthy. The Yellow one was ugly, a weak wide body kit in my mind....and if he had a Atlantic Supercharger...why wasn't his hood open?? "cough cough hackjob cough"

Ah well, sorry for the long ramble, I'll agree it was smaller than last year, but it was nice to go to a show in the winter, beats fighting the crowds in the mall Christmas shopping. My long 2 cents

moerom
12-09-2002, 02:53 PM
Is that a purple Harley Davidson F150?

Anyone who went see this thing?

moerom
12-09-2002, 02:56 PM
Those MF's! They told me they weren't to keen on trucks being entered in the show.*uzi*

mkgino
12-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by moerom
Those MF's! They told me they weren't to keen on trucks being entered in the show.*uzi*

Well, that sucks especially when they dont let you enter a domestic car to an import fest show.

moerom
12-09-2002, 03:13 PM
There were plenty of domestics there already.

mkgino
12-09-2002, 03:15 PM
There were plenty of domestics there already.

Really? Thats kinda dumb, since it is an import fest, but hey whatever

moerom
12-09-2002, 03:16 PM
That's what I was thinking...

EMPOWERD
12-09-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by addbhp
......There was one very stealth grey civic Hatch, with only a front spoiler and rims on the outside, but inside, a full 12 point cage, a very clean turbo installation...and I'm willing to bet he'd kick many of your a$$es around any track, likely mine as well.

Well put Mark. That grey Honda Civic hatch you're talking about is my close friend Eddie's. I helped him tune it at the dyno last month. We're breaking in the motor right now and have just recently accumulated over 1100km on it, so a trip to the dyno is in order very shortly. That motor is completely built and is the twin of Altech's 9sec Yellow (Formula Honda Sponsored) Civic's longblock motor. Almost $33,000 is invested in the motor alone with full titanium internals. On the dyno running only 8psi we hit 300wHP... the motor is built for 23psi!! Can you image the HP? He had the roll cage built at the same guy that did my cage (Ron O'Brien).

Jon@Bimmersport
12-09-2002, 07:22 PM

holy shit you kidding me? there were like 6! this f-150 had like 10 xtant subs behind the seats HOLY SHIT IT POUNDED!

ROB89M3
12-09-2002, 07:36 PM
Joe at Altech tuned my CRX SI....When I was there I saw that grey hatch with a roll cage. He also has plexiglass windows. That civic hatch is really nice ! People come from as far away as Buffalo + Rochester New York just to get Altech to work on their car...
Seems like a very good shop then.But they do need a bit more room in their garage.

Bliss
12-09-2002, 08:00 PM

Well put Mark. That grey Honda Civic hatch you're talking about is my close friend Eddie's. I helped him tune it at the dyno last month. We're breaking in the motor right now and have just recently accumulated over 1100km on it, so a trip to the dyno is in order very shortly. That motor is completely built and is the twin of Altech's 9sec Yellow (Formula Honda Sponsored) Civic's longblock motor. Almost $33,000 is invested in the motor alone with full titanium internals. On the dyno running only 8psi we hit 300wHP... the motor is built for 23psi!! Can you image the HP? He had the roll cage built at the same guy that did my cage (Ron O'Brien).

I think Eddie's selling the honda.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Bliss

I think Eddie's selling the honda.

you are joking...i have been waiting for a ride in it ever since i saw it in his garage still being finished up! i sure hope he doesnt sell it, what a waste of time and money if he did! i dont think he will..think about it, that will be the fastest street legal civic out there! his car with extremely good slicks will hit 9s..and it's street legal! And i aint very happy i didnt get to see your car there man! oh well, i guess at speed o rama your car will be there?

KennyTheGreat
12-10-2002, 02:15 AM
i like eddie's car too.

IMO, one of the best civic Hb's i've seen.

Euro_E30
12-11-2002, 01:26 AM
hey does n e one know whose car this is........