PDA

View Full Version : Big Open Parkinglots

jeffrie
11-28-2006, 08:28 PM
It's X-mas and need to play but share the same hours as all the shoppers after work. Looking for big open parking lots to practice drifting with my new found boost, preferably near B-ham or east end.
I know of the Zellars and old Cosco near the Gat/50 & well the airport is lots of fun.
Any of you know of some other better more hidden locations?

98Dinan3
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
hehehe...I ripped a couple good donuts today just because

everlast
11-29-2006, 01:18 AM
West end has the jds building at merivale / prince of wales.. but that will be an OPP station soon. DOH! Too bad to cause the road there that goes into the neighbourhood is 60' wide, empty and curvy with high visibility. The last time through there I was going 120 around the corners. Imagine having an OPPer pull out in front of you!! :O

bmdoubleya
11-29-2006, 07:01 AM
The horse track in aylmer behind pinks has a huge lot..

chromius
11-29-2006, 12:41 PM
West end has the jds building at merivale / prince of wales.. but that will be an OPP station soon. DOH! Too bad to cause the road there that goes into the neighbourhood is 60' wide, empty and curvy with high visibility. The last time through there I was going 120 around the corners. Imagine having an OPPer pull out in front of you!! :O

haha, love that road! Usually takes them a little longer to plow it when the snow falls too, so it's usually good and snowy after a heavy snow.:)

I thought it was RCMP moving in there though? Cuz if that were the case, no jurisdiction to pull us over (hopefully):D

everlast
11-29-2006, 05:52 PM
RCMP, OPP, whatevah. ;) I'm sure if I went by at 120kph, sideways, it wouldn't matter which badge. The cop would pull me over, rip up my license and likely shoot me in the foot for safe keeping.

chromius
11-29-2006, 10:41 PM
LMAO....ah either way they gotta catch you first:moon:

Actually, just thought of another place, Corel center has really good parking lots....Late at night though when there arn't any events going on.

Lee in Ottawa
11-29-2006, 10:45 PM
think that RCMP thing fell through.
Jeff when r u headed out I wouldn't mind watching

jeffrie
11-30-2006, 07:07 AM
think that RCMP thing fell through.
Jeff when r u headed out I wouldn't mind watching
Thinking about Dave's horse track suggestion. Maybe this Sat night if I do not work and no snow or not to much rain. Theirs not much left to my summers for the drive up their.

Nascar318is
11-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Jeff....go to the new CT or Metro in Buck the lots are huge and less lamp posts...

jeffrie
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
^^ Yet to see it not packed full of cars. Geuss I'll try late at night this sat instead since it's so much closer.

Nascar318is
12-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Did you end up going? Sure had the weather for it...

jeffrie
12-04-2006, 12:28 PM
No, Found my first problem with current setup.
Not surprised I always hated K&N air filters.
Sucked up lots of water last friday night on my way home and ran into some issues with my MAF sensor, mis fires and stuff just freezing up after.
Also had Injector # 2 freeze up on me so kept loosing my fuel pressure when ever I parked my car.
Seems to be fine now after a longe "Dry" ride into work but still lost a cylinder for about 20 secs (till ice cleared itself out). At least I hope that was the only reason.
I definatly need to make a box for it and hopefully be able to use my old paper filter again.

Too add looking for Paved lots.