View Full Version : F/I Insurance?

11-27-2006, 03:32 PM
I know a bunch of you on here are boosted - how do you work it with the insurance? Do you even tell them? Do you have to?

Im lookin at getting an e30 in the spring/summer, and supercharging it. I want to know if ill be hurting on insurance.

Im in hamilton, ontario, if that makes any difference.


11-27-2006, 04:53 PM
with my insurance company, yes you have to tell them, otherwise they can deny you coverage if you're in an accident. Very unlikely to happen. More likely is you will be covered, then dropped and blacklisted. Have fun on facility.

Most people on here dont declare any mods, let alone FI.

11-27-2006, 04:57 PM
find a buddy who works for an insurance company and ask him plenty of questions. If you are presently insured, DO NOT call your insurance company, as they log topics of conversation on your file. If you are not insured, call several companies and ask them questions on what mods are allowable to receive coverage.

11-27-2006, 06:11 PM
^^ better yet, call a broker.

11-27-2006, 06:34 PM
^ good point.

11-27-2006, 08:14 PM
and tell them straight out that i have an aftermarket supercharged car? yea i can see why telling a broker that would be better than an agent.

why i asked is that ive heard so many things from so many people - i want to get real stories from people who've actually done it. so i dont get OWNED. (which would not be good. nope.)

11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
clearly you dont understand how insurance works.

you can tell your broker whatever you want, he works for you

you tell your agent something you're an idiot, he works for the insurance company

11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
clearly you dont understand how insurance works.

your absolutely right. which is why im glad im asking

12-21-2006, 03:43 AM
I alone will & never have ever crashed any car in my fault ever unless someone ealse claims it & wins.......
It's always cheaper to not bother with a 5+ yr old car that is paid for.

12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
You are required to disclose your mods to your ins broker, but most people don't. Although if you get in an accident, don't expect them to cover you if they find out you've got a s/c they didn't know about.