PDA

View Full Version : RMP Motors came through

Wolfeman
11-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Needed to replace the gasket between the downpipe and the cat as it was leaking exhaust fumes. My mechanic wanted over $100 for the work but the RMP guys charged less than half and did a sweet job. Rocco really knows his stuff and gave me a lot of useful advice and tips about running my BMW.

I was running on regular fuel. Bad no no! He demonstrated bad effects it had when he started it up, applied the pedal and the engine was knocking around. There is a reason BMW puts AKI indexes in their Owner's Manuals!! I was told that if I keep on running my car like that, the pistons will wear and I might even burn a hole in the cylinder, not a nice prospect to get fixed. So it's 91 octane for me from now on!

Also advised me on synthetic vs. regular oils, really the only main differences being that synthetic lets one go longer between changes and runs a bit cooler on performance engines, but other than that it comes down to personal preference. I was always told that synthetics are better for older cars as they lubricate better and are better all-around, but if I'm going to be changing it regularly anyway, why bother overanalyzing and just get the regular stuff!

Anyway just a heads-up about RMP and the great service they provide- they don't get enough praise, it's sure well-deserved.

propr'one
11-25-2006, 01:39 AM
wow. for a second there, i thought you drove a yellow integra(ask rocco about it)

I'm glad you found RMP and liked it. Rocco can always be counted on.

RMPMOTORS
11-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks guys! *th-up*

Remember Ivan I once learned that "Turbo cars only need regular gas"..

LOL LOL