PDA

View Full Version : AC Schnitzer 325is

Spennie
11-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Well the time has come that I must put my car up for sale. I'm intending on getting an E46 or even an E92 in the spring. To be perfectly honest, this is a beautiful car, but it needs some work. I'll be completely honest in this thread as to what the car needs, any problems I've found with it and how to fix them. That said, everybody tells me the car is in great shape for a '92, so maybe I'm just a perfectionist? Nothing major wrong with the car though. Anyways, I'll lay out a description:

Make: BMW
Year: 1992
Model: 325is, AUTOMATIC
Colour: White
Mileage: 190,000km (Mostly highway Kilos, driven kindly as long as I've owned it)
Featuers: Heated seats, aftermarket Stereo, black leather (in pretty good shape, wear on the driver side seat and some sex-related scratches on the back seats, but otherwise in excellent shape) The rest of the interior is in pretty much perfect shape, the previous owner used to cover the dash with towels when he stored it for the winter and on really sunny days. Needs new floor matts though.
Mods:
- Authentic AC Schnitzer body kit including rear skirt, side skirts and front bumper. The body kit is stamped, hence how i know it's authentic.
- Authentic AC Schnitzer exhaust from the cat back. Beautiful sound.
- Authentic AC Schnitzer rear spoiler.
- Offset '95 M3 Lower Control Arm Bushings
- (Supposedly) AC Schnitzer Chip. It wasn't clearly labeled when i put it in. Came from ebay, but it works great.
- K/N Filter in stock airbox
- Sony Aftermarket MP3 Headunit, 10" sub in a bandpass box, 250w amp
- Authentic 17" Momo IDEA rims w/ Kumho rubber. Used two summers, approximately 20,000km. In excellent shape, always waxed with the car.
- Viper 791XV. Remote start, two way paging alarm w/ LCD remote. Awesome range, VERY VERY nice alarm. Cost me $800 installed September of last year.

The car has only seen one winter (last winter) and even then it was only a dozen times and never in any bad conditions. I will include a set of winter steelies w/ Dunlop rubber and OEM hubcaps. The car has been sprayed with Crown before being put away every winter since I've owned it.

Now, for what the car needs:
- Brakes (I will include Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors and PBR Metal Master Pads for all 4 corners as I already have these parts. Approx. $100 labour to get installed or do them yourself, parts cost me $400!)
- Lower Outter ball joints on both sides... Approx. $50 each on ebay and $100 labour per side to install.
- Emergency Brake Cables are seized... This is required for safety. E-Brake cables are cheap ($30), but $160 labour to install them.
- Bowden Cables broken in both front seats. There is a DIY on bimmerdiy.com, but i haven't had the time. Basically the bowden cables being broken means that the handles on the sides of the seat backs don't work to bring the seat forward. This means it's hard to get in the back seats.
- Door Panels on both sides require some new clips. They're not falling off, but the handle trim comes off constantly. Gotta love them E36's.
- Level sensors need to be replaced in the coolant resevoir and in the washer fluid resevoir. These are fairly cheap, but I'm too lazy to buy/install them.
- Paint on the black trim above the passenger window is flaking off. I was quoted around $100 to replace this by the dealership (Otto's BMW). Once again, haven't got the time!
- Small rust bubbles above the license plate light on the rear of the car. Very minor.
- Small rust bubbles on the bottom of the driver side door
(I wash my car by hand so I notice these things, okay? :P )
- The car used to be red, but was painted white. The paint job is excellent and the paint comes up nice with a good wax. White is the best colour for an E36!

Now for a list of stuff that I have done in the 4 years I've owned the car:
- Front Struts and Rear Shocks, M3 OEM. (2006)
- Rear Trailing Arm Bushings (2005)
- Rear Springs (2006)
- Lower control arm bushings (2005)
- Tie Rods, both sides. (2006)
- Oil Changes every 5000-8000km full Mobil 1 Synthetic
- K/N Filter
- Bosch Platinum+4 Plugs then changed back to new +2's. (2005)
- All Coils tested and verified okay. (2005)
- New Heater Core and A/C Recharged (2002)
- New Thermostat (2002)
- New Windshield (2004)

I have receipts for the majority of this work. A lot of it was performed at Otto's BMW in Ottawa. I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but you get the idea. The car runs good and pulls very strong. The '92 model year specifically featured a non-vanos version of the M50 engine. The engine also had hotter cams, heftier connecting rods and heavier valve springs. Basically what this means is that the car pulls very hard above 4500rpm right to 7000rpm. When I had an intake on the car last summer (went back to the stock airbox for winter) it sounded AMAZING at wide open throttle. Although it's an auto, still a very fast and fun car. Perfect as a daily driver. Car definately turns heads. I was going to lower it to fix the dreaded front wheel gap, but the roads in Peterborough suck ass. I'm going to school in Ottawa right now, so that's where the car is.

I'm not even sure what to ask for this car. I know it's the off-season and the car requires work, it can't be saftied as is because of the ball joints, brakes and e-brake cables. If everything was fixed I would probably ask $11,000. But, because of things that need fixing and the fact that it's the off season I will start at $9,000. PM me if you need more info or more pics. Thanks :)

http://www.semplesrvcenter.com/bimmerpics/side1.jpg
http://www.semplesrvcenter.com/bimmerpics/front1.jpg
http://www.semplesrvcenter.com/bimmerpics/front2.jpg

chromius
11-24-2006, 08:00 PM
bump for a clean car, and good guy*th-up*

Spennie
11-25-2006, 06:11 PM
*bump*

Come on, I'd like the car gone :D

ScotcH
11-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Dude ... good luck, but you're never going to get that price! If at some point you sell everything off, I'll buy the shell from you :)

Spennie
11-25-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm open to offers too.

Bainze
11-26-2006, 04:27 PM
you'll get what your asking for if your patient... I sold my 93 325is with 170,000km for 11,400... Good luck

PedroBMW
11-26-2006, 04:42 PM
BUMP for a beautiful '92

you can def get what your asking, I sold my '92 325is with 200,000km for $9500, and your has lots of goodies included.

Striker
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Saw this car in person, it's worth every penny, nice clean car. *th-up*

JazzM
11-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Please post pictures of the engine bay. (was it repainted as well?)

T.

paul christians
11-27-2006, 01:49 AM
I too have seen this car,GOOD LUCK man..........

VSanj
11-27-2006, 12:51 PM
wow.....really nice car...........definantly helps that the seller seems very honest as well.

You will get what your asking for!!

g luck*th-up*

Spennie
11-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Please post pictures of the engine bay. (was it repainted as well?)

T.

I'll snap some pics of the engine bay. It's a little dirty as I haven't cleaned it since the summer (no facilities up here in Ottawa). It was repainted as well. The only way to tell that the car used to be red is to look at the plate in the door sill or on the inner edges of the wheel wells where there is a few chips.

And thanks for all the nice comments guys :) This car is going in the trader tomorrow.

INFAMOU$
11-28-2006, 08:54 AM
This is a very clean car... I have known the car since before Spennie and it was babied around town.

Spennie
11-28-2006, 11:03 PM
*daily bump* :D Engine bay pics coming tomorrow.

Spennie
11-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Camera is dead and I've lost the battery charger :( Pics are delayed lol!

Come on, I wanna sell this car! $8500?!