PDA

View Full Version : Strange things that happen to you......

EMPOWERD
01-30-2002, 04:36 PM
A few years ago, my friend Rich and I were driving to Toronto NB on the 427. From pulling out of Rich's driveway, I must have dislodged my "is" front lip spoiler because cruising past Rathburn I heard a *CLUNK* under the car and noticed the lip spoiler doing flips in my rear-view. "SHIT!" .... we're late as it was and the spoiler stopped bouncing on the shoulder of the fast lane, so I figured on the way back I'll stop off on the SB shoulder and grab it. Not even an hour later there I was slowing down on the SB shoulder trying to guesstimate where it landed. I opened the door and leaned over.... There it was about 200meter further down. I drove closer, got out and hopped over the fence to grab it only to find

A STOCK "I" FRONT LIP SPOILER!!!

There was no other debris as far as I can see. Someone driving an E30 on the fast lane must have NOTICED the larger "sport" lip spoiler lying there on the shoulder.... stopped, backed up and SWAPPED it!! I couldn't beleive it. I put it on my mom's '90 325i and to this day I haven't recovered mine.

330DTM
01-30-2002, 04:48 PM
Whoa, talk about finders keepers!

I think i recall you telling this story somewhere before, but that's really whacked for someone to swap LOL. If we ever find him/her, we should kick his/her butt!

What did the front lip look like anyways? anything like what you have on your car currently?

AcidSnow
01-30-2002, 05:07 PM
how easy is it to swap the front lip on a highway?? thats wacky. what colour was the one you found? it would be funny if one of us happend to see your old one some time in the future . . . . . .*uzi* :)

Mr seville
01-30-2002, 05:45 PM
holy shit dude!!!:)

EMPOWERD
01-30-2002, 05:48 PM
The front lip was just black unpainted plastic, so is the current one they swapped. It's simple to do and takes about 40 sec. It's snapped on with 8 clips. All E30 '88 and newer have the regular one on (just under the front spoiler) and only the '88 newer "is" sport package E30's have the thicker more aggresive one. It's nothing like the one on any of my pics.

Phantom
01-30-2002, 05:52 PM
Must've been someone with a good know how and a big box of tools !!!People are weird. Would've been a lot better if whoever simply took it without the cheekiness of leaving a stock one behind. Maybe someone you know/knew having a laugh on you??

330DTM
01-30-2002, 07:22 PM
speaking of something strange that happened to you check this out.

It was about 1 year ago. My 328i is usually parked outside of the garage b/c my garage is clogged with crap. My volvo 850 turbo sits out on the driveway beside the bimmer as well. Anyhow after getting some rest, I came out in the morning finding out that some mofo stole only ONE foglight. the passenger side one! i was swearing and all and then wondering why they would take one and not the other one.

Well, anyways i replaced it with another foglight and now i parked the car right up to the garage door so that the loser can't try stealing another foglamp. So strange!

Lil'Smoothie
01-30-2002, 07:29 PM
damn, i'm missing my front 'is' spolier lip too

Dluxazn58
01-30-2002, 09:49 PM
hahaha...
thats hilarious...

I'd say.. "only in california..." but you're in toronto...;)

00soul
01-31-2002, 01:58 AM
my friend CLAIMS this happened to him but i dont know if he is BSing me. he was at the mall and parked in the middle of the parking lot somewhere, when he got out of the mall he said his window was broken and his car was parked in a handycap spot....

WTF? if this is true it has to be the wierdest thing ever

rico328i
02-01-2002, 02:09 AM
For Sale. off a 97 328. Passenger side fog lights. J.K. sorry DTM328

Weird things like that happen all the time. Randy's was just way off though! Guess the guy didn't have room in his car to keep his original?

Rico