PDA

View Full Version : Single Wipper conversion

bart320i
12-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Has anyone done this on a E36? One of my wipers motors broke and the space for it in the bottom of windshield is rusted out. Wondering if it's cheaper just to convert to a single wiper?

maverick
12-12-2002, 08:03 PM
My sugestion for the single wiper conversion DONT DO IT.
thats my 2 cents

Soldo
12-12-2002, 09:50 PM
not worth it, dude, check BMP they have a single wiper system, costs $439.95, AMERICAN!!!
too much!

Slowered318
12-12-2002, 10:24 PM
I seen the kit in my BMP magazine... ripped the page out put it in my toilet where I took a $hit on it! Then I flushed it down where it belongs!

BlitzSix
12-12-2002, 11:16 PM
I have a single wiper on the MB. It came stock like that though. Works great, wipes a much bigger area than 2 of them together. It sorta goes up and down while moving left to right. If you really want a video, let me know and I can make one tomorrow.

I don't know about the price of a conversion though, especially if you get an actual system instead of just putting one on crooked.

The thing I really hate though, is when people leave them in the middle of the windshield while they're driving to show off. Some guy in an 80s Civic does this around here. Pretty pathetic, especially if it's painted yellow.

KennyTheGreat
12-13-2002, 02:43 AM
lol

yeah my MB came stock with one wiper...

BMW_M52_M20
12-13-2002, 11:56 PM
It isn't that hard to do a single wiper conversion, but the sweeping area isn't as good, and it looks a bit ricey in my opinion. The single wipers should be left for the Mercedes only!
J

jeremy
12-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by bart320i
Has anyone done this on a E36? One of my wipers motors broke and the space for it in the bottom of windshield is rusted out. Wondering if it's cheaper just to convert to a single wiper?

you can do it yourself by changing the linkage *th-up* i agree, bmp is out to lunch with the price of their conversion kit...also "bonrath" makes em'...but i dont know where to get them...also this place sells them http://www.passionmotorsport.co.uk europe though