PDA

View Full Version : Question for you guys e36 320i

Souvrain
11-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi there

i have a 320i 1995 with the 2 liters 6 cylinders engine
and i want too know if any of you had ever seen a turbo or supercharge
2.0liters ??? its the 6 cylinders yees yes ... anyway .. its fun to drive but damn its slow ... the torque band is very shitty between 1000 and 3000 after 3000 it pick up a little but not much ! anyway if you know someone or something let me know !

thanks

Daniel

JMW
11-22-2006, 01:35 AM
turbo it, but dont ask me how i only kno superchargers..

Souvrain
11-22-2006, 11:35 AM
You dont think a supercharger will be bether ?? i meen its good for low end a turbo will pick up at 3000 rpm or maybee less .. anyway

notjoe
11-22-2006, 07:45 PM
A well tuned and properly sized turbo could spool up sooner than 3k. A ltw flywheel would also help with this.

BMW_7
11-22-2006, 07:49 PM
There is NOTHING available for the 320i unless you go custom, which is not worth it anyway

Souvrain
11-22-2006, 10:01 PM
alright that wat i wanted to hear thanks BMW 7 .. i was thiking the same thing but wasent shur .. ok so i guess a 2.5 swamp or 3liters will be the best bet

Razkal
11-22-2006, 10:58 PM
I had a 320 for 8 yrs. I had it chipped for 5 yrs and it gave alot more pep than the standard engine and I was happy with it. This summer I transplanted a 325 engine into it right before I sold it. I was happy with both ways and those that drove my car when it was a 320 can vouch that it pulled quite nicely.

Alot of people hate on 320's for some reason but I can vouch for mine that it was a damn fine car! I still miss it... :(

Souvrain
11-22-2006, 11:09 PM
ohh damn !! .. but a part of my self think .. i can supercharge the 2.0 liters ... its still a 6 cyl !!! i mean you put better valve and better fuel delivery and all. could it be that bad .........??????????? lolll

Axxe
11-22-2006, 11:34 PM
ohh damn !! .. but a part of my self think .. i can supercharge the 2.0 liters ... its still a 6 cyl !!! i mean you put better valve and better fuel delivery and all. could it be that bad .........??????????? lolll

Not worth it.

Souvrain
11-22-2006, 11:41 PM
holly crap ok i guess im just gona kill it bad before i swamp it ...

Mitch555
12-04-2006, 03:05 AM
Save your time and money. Get rid of the engine.

I own a 320i, believe me.

SickFinga
12-04-2006, 06:23 AM
There is NOTHING available for the 320i unless you go custom, which is not worth it anyway

The only custom thing you'll have to get is software. Kit itself will bolt right up.

Justin e36
12-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Yeah, why custom?

Any 6 banger kit will bolt right up, just put a smaller turbo on there better tuned for a 2.0L like a Garrett T25BB, and software for a 2.0L.
A turbo for a 2.0L like this: http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/prod17.htm

Or if you want something that'll spool up quicker, a GT28RS Disco Potato will do the trick, and keep a little more money in your pocket.

J

bmdbley'sBro
12-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah, why custom?

Any 6 banger kit will bolt right up,

Or if you want something that'll spool up quicker, a GT28RS Disco Potato will do the trick, and keep a little more money in your pocket.

J

yep GT28RS spools up way before 3K on my 318

well did if i ever get my car back :(

Souvrain
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
hey thanks guys !

im still looking for turbo because i dont want to swamp my engine .. and i think it should do some interesting numbers or maybe not ... anyway like you say any 6 banger kit will fir so .. if i decide to swamp my engine i can keep all the hardware beside the computer ... but anyway im thinking of motronic so .. but as for the power i realy dont want to eat a 911twin turbo so .. for me a turbo 2liters should do the trick ... plus i got the car for so cheap i realy dont want to put an other motor the one thats in there still pull strong i i just love the sound ... its happy ...

Mitch555
12-05-2006, 02:19 AM
hey thanks guys !

im still looking for turbo because i dont want to swamp my engine .. and i think it should do some interesting numbers or maybe not ... anyway like you say any 6 banger kit will fir so .. if i decide to swamp my engine i can keep all the hardware beside the computer ... but anyway im thinking of motronic so .. but as for the power i realy dont want to eat a 911twin turbo so .. for me a turbo 2liters should do the trick ... plus i got the car for so cheap i realy dont want to put an other motor the one thats in there still pull strong i i just love the sound ... its happy ...

I'm telling you. It's not worth it. I swapped my 320 engine out and put a 30,000km 3.2 S52 M3 engine in my car. After a month I got bored of the power. It still puts a smile on my face but not like it did. you'll never get enough of power. I love that it is N/A tho. With turbo and superchargers you will run into reliability problems. For the same money or less you can find a 328 engine and get M3 cams and have a quick/reliable little car.

jeffrie
12-05-2006, 11:15 PM
^^^ wise tale IMO.

Justin e36
12-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm telling you. It's not worth it. I swapped my 320 engine out and put a 30,000km 3.2 S52 M3 engine in my car. After a month I got bored of the power. It still puts a smile on my face but not like it did. you'll never get enough of power. I love that it is N/A tho. With turbo and superchargers you will run into reliability problems. For the same money or less you can find a 328 engine and get M3 cams and have a quick/reliable little car.

Still don't think it's worth it for him to do an engine swap if he's looking for a little more pep. Especially in Quebec, a lot of those guys ship their e36's to Toronto to get engine swaps done. A turbocharger most shops can install, or he can do it himself fairly easily. I say get the Turbokit, bolt it on. If you decide later on to drop another engine in, the turbokit is transferrable to the new engine. If you don't want to drop shitloads of money on your car, this makes the most sense to me.

Axxe
12-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Still don't think it's worth it for him to do an engine swap if he's looking for a little more pep. Especially in Quebec, a lot of those guys ship their e36's to Toronto to get engine swaps done. A turbocharger most shops can install, or he can do it himself fairly easily. I say get the Turbokit, bolt it on. If you decide later on to drop another engine in, the turbokit is transferrable to the new engine. If you don't want to drop shitloads of money on your car, this makes the most sense to me.

I was going to suggest the same.

Souvrain
12-06-2006, 09:44 PM
hey thanks guys !

thats exacly want i was saying .... yeah it make me think of all the wires in the car and i just dont want to mess with this ...
Turbo is best bet for sure.
and its a gad damn good way to kill a engine :D before swampin it !!! lol

lets see how much the 2.0L can take 25-28 psi ???? lololll with the right axle *wiggle*

*wave*

notjoe
12-06-2006, 09:49 PM
thats exacly want i was saying .... yeah it make me think of all the wires in the car and i just dont want to mess with this ...
Turbo is best bet for sure.
and its a gad damn good way to kill a engine :D before swampin it !!! lol

lets see how much the 2.0L can take 25-28 psi ???? lololll with the right axle *wiggle*

*wave*

forget the swap. rebuild the bitch so its bulletproof.

Souvrain
12-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah, why custom?

Any 6 banger kit will bolt right up, just put a smaller turbo on there better tuned for a 2.0L like a Garrett T25BB, and software for a 2.0L.
A turbo for a 2.0L like this: http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/prod17.htm

J

wow do i modify the GT28RS to fit on the turbo manifold of a bmw ? or is it stadart size ??? maybe a stupid question but i dont know

:rolleyes:

and damn whats the difrence between

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/prod176.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT28RS-T28-Ball-Bearing-SR20DET-CA18DET-Turbocharger_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ 014QQitemZ330058730579QQrdZ1

i know the quality but damn there a big difrence there in the price ... ???

Mitch555
12-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Save your money and save yourself from a headache (especially with a custom kit).

328 engine... converted to obd1 with m3 cams. Enjoyable power with the reliability to come with it. For around the same price.

What more could you ask for?