PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone knows by any chance if XM Radio is available in Canada?

AMG_POWER
12-03-2002, 11:35 PM
I know they have it in USA, but does it covers Canada too?:huh?:

Polish
12-03-2002, 11:44 PM
ya i think it does man, cause my alpine came with it built in, its satelitte radio, so technically it is supposed to work all over north america.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-03-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Sith
ya i think it does man, cause my alpine came with it built in, its satelitte radio, so technically it is supposed to work all over north america.

dude, if you dont know how to light the tires in a standard car you dont know this!!

you need to be a subscriber..so find out from sony if you can subscribe and that should be it

Furious
12-04-2002, 03:27 AM
i thought that XM wasnt readily avalible to canadian subscribers yet. but i may be mistaken. also i heard if you have an XM ready deck that you still need some sort of modulator and anntenna to get it to work. is this true?? one last question, is there a way to pirate the XM signaL? i know that we can do it for direct T.V. but has anyone heard of pirating XM yet?

Polish
12-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover

dude, if you dont know how to light the tires in a standard car you dont know this!!

you need to be a subscriber..so find out from sony if you can subscribe and that should be it

man, **** you, i know how to light them up, just im not gonna ****ing drop it at red line every time, and who the **** are you to talk, you cant even ****ing drive *devil*

Jon@Bimmersport
12-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Sith

man, **** you, i know how to light them up, just im not gonna ****ing drop it at red line every time, and who the **** are you to talk, you cant even ****ing drive *devil*

lolol hahaha dude, you are a good driver dont worry...

Betray
12-04-2002, 01:16 PM
yea its true you need another module, that costs like another few hundred!

its to early to pirite xm signal.. but most likly you cant..

im just wondering if its worth it?

theres also another company then XM

djcontra
12-04-2002, 01:24 PM
if there is ever a way to pirate XM radio, i'll be one of the first to know about it since i pirate pretty much everything else heheh

i'm sure it can be done

djcontra
12-04-2002, 01:34 PM
p.s. bimmer745i, that merc kinda looks like this hyundai eh?

SickFinga
12-04-2002, 02:04 PM
FAQ from XMRADIO.COM

Is XM Service available in Canada and Mexico?
XM is only licensed to provide service to the US (All states except Alaska and Hawaii), its territories and adjacent waters. XM's satellite signal reaches into portions of Canada and Mexico near the U.S. borders however, XM's service is not currently sold in Canada, Mexico or any other region outside of the continental United States.

NickP
12-04-2002, 02:14 PM
There's an interesting link here (http://www.canadacomputes.com/story.asp?id=9071&sb=197) that summarizes the issue, basically Canada and the US have conflicting federally approved standards for digital audio broadcasting.

AMG_POWER
12-04-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by djcontra

well not to me, this hyundai is ugly as hell.

Furious
12-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Betray
yea its true you need another module, that costs like another few hundred!

its to early to pirite xm signal.. but most likly you cant..

im just wondering if its worth it?

theres also another company then XM

i think that Sirius is the canadian satellite radio provider. but not too certain, all i know is that its not as big as XM

Lennon
12-04-2002, 08:52 PM
No XM in Canada, none...

1BADBMW
12-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by djcontra

so true.........:eek:

Nick-NY
12-04-2002, 09:11 PM
get Sirius, it uses 3 satelites as opposed to 2 with XM, and Sirius is affiliated with BMW( it will be an option on all new BMW's in the next few months.
besides Sirius has 60 commercial free stations as opposed to XM which has only 30.
i have Sirius in my car and it rocks. all the broadcasts are from New York.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1019257316845

Nick-NY
12-04-2002, 09:14 PM
oh yeah one more thing Sirius broadcasts all the FORMULA 1 races!!!