PDA

View Full Version : E30 M3

Spartiatis
12-03-2002, 07:46 PM
How Much can I sell my car for. It needs an engine rebuild. It has 158k on it. The body needs a little work.

ROB89M3
12-03-2002, 07:48 PM
If you plan on selling the car,you could probably get $5-$7000 with no engine.

If you part-out the car,you'll probably make more money than selling it as a whole.

Spartiatis
12-03-2002, 07:52 PM
Did a compression test. Dont know to much about engines but here is what he said

1 cylinder=1/10
2 1/30
3 1/40
4 under 20
Dont know what the hell that means

ROB89M3
12-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Dude, I warned you in the beginning when you first were looking for an M3 to make sure you have the car thoroughly inspected !!!
You made the mistake of buying an E30 M3 with a bad engine*no-no* This is gonna cost you alotta time and $$$$.....

Sorry to hear about your situation,but if I were you,I'd sell it the way it is and look for another one.

Spartiatis
12-03-2002, 08:09 PM
How much for an e36 M3 engine

ROB89M3
12-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Spartiatis
How much for an e36 M3 engine

$6-$8,000 CAD

Spartiatis
12-03-2002, 08:22 PM
How much out the door for the conversion

ROB89M3
12-03-2002, 08:23 PM
How much out the door for the conversion

I don't know man,I haven't investigated on this subject too much.
Invest some time and give Raven Performance a call tomorrow and speak with John Dimoff. 905 - 477-1800

Good luck

here's the shop
http://www.ravenperformance.com/pictures/John-front.JPG

http://www.ravenperformance.com/pictures/E30M3-White.JPG

Jon@Bimmersport
12-03-2002, 09:01 PM
why not buy E36 2.5L? theres plenty of power to boot an E30! you hit 13s in it stock! i say go for the M50 which is couple of grand cheaper than M3 engine

punnzzells
12-03-2002, 09:49 PM
NO WONDER EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD REFERS TO YOU AS A DUMB F*UCK ROB!

YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO RAVEN?

YOU LIKE WASTING $$, EH!

HAHAHAHA!!! CATZ...

LISTEN, BUD.. I CAN GET YOU AN M3 ENGINE FROM A 1998... LOW KM'S TOO.. AROUND 6 G'S.. IF YOU WANT SOMEONE TO DO THE INSTALL, I HAVE GOT SOMEONE TO DO THE INSTALL AS WELL .....

PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED... ALSO I WOULD NOT MIND CHECKING OUT YOUR CAR IF YOU ARE GOING TO SELL?

PM ME ...

MIKE.

ROB89M3
12-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by punnzzells

YOU LIKE WASTING $$, EH!

HAHAHAHA!!! CATZ...

Hey d!ckface !
You're the dumb fuk ! You brave POS !

:mad:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE RAVEN KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF. I DON'T TRUST TOO MANY PEOPLE/MECHANICS OUT THERE,ESPECIALLY SH!THEADS LIKE YOU ...

Kal
12-03-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by punnzzells

YOU LIKE WASTING $$, EH!

HAHAHAHA!!! CATZ...

LISTEN, BUD.. I CAN GET YOU AN M3 ENGINE FROM A 1998... LOW KM'S TOO.. AROUND 6 G'S.. IF YOU WANT SOMEONE TO DO THE INSTALL, I HAVE GOT SOMEONE TO DO THE INSTALL AS WELL .....

PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED... ALSO I WOULD NOT MIND CHECKING OUT YOUR CAR IF YOU ARE GOING TO SELL?

PM ME ...

MIKE.

wtf is up ur ass buddy....

stop actin like a badass...that was totally uncalled for...

what a fag

punnzzells
12-03-2002, 10:50 PM
Whatever rob!

The point in my post was EVERYONE on this board.... but you are right, I guess that does include me....

soooooooooo...............what are you going to do?

and for your pos comments..... calm your ass down.... don't be so brave.... you'll live longer.... why get all stressed and but strain on your little brain!

i know what you mean.... Raven , they are good, they tell you what SOMEONE else did to your car so you can look like you know what is going on...just remember.. keep the $ coming in and they are your best friends!

and Rob... .... you really are the dumbass.... know when someone is insulting you and making a general comment.....

this is will be the last of this.... don't test me son.

punnzzells
12-03-2002, 10:53 PM
Kal...

I am not acting like a bad ass....

i am just repeating what was said to me by other members on the board..

does anyone really read and understand posts on here?

mike.

M50E30
12-03-2002, 11:01 PM
Well Rob why don't you tell everyone how bad Dimoff ripped you a new a$$hole when you bought your coilovers? LOL! I give Dimoff credit on his race cars (acid dipped, full rollcages, race suspension, etc...). But I guarantee he dosent worry about expences to build them because knobs like you pay for it.

So to do an engine conversion installation properly should cost anywere between $1000 to $1,800. I suggest you contact Bimmersport (Charlie) since he has done some or MOTRONIX (Dave). But to contact MOTRONIX I would suggest that you wait till empowerd comes back from Germany and he can help.

punnzzells
12-03-2002, 11:10 PM
spartius...

I can get u in contact with Motronix if you like....

let me know, i will be going by there this week..

pm me....

MIKE.

ROB89M3
12-03-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Well Rob why don't you tell everyone how bad Dimoff ripped you a new a$$hole when you bought your coilovers? LOL! I give Dimoff credit on his race cars (acid dipped, full rollcages, race suspension, etc...). But I guarantee he dosent worry about expences to build them because knobs like you pay for it.

Are you stupid or braindead? which one?
What the hell makes you think I got ripped off on my coilovers? HUH?
Where the fuk do you get your info from ? HUH?
I paid exactly what I should've paid for my coilovers. You think I did not find out how much they are before I bought them?HUH?Ground-Control (http://www.ground-control.com/)
It seems as though everytime I step my foot in a thread,you butt-in and make these rediculous accusations for no apparent reason...
THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE DICKHOLE !

:mad:

M50E30
12-03-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE DICKHOLE!

Oh no! You called me a dickhole! LOL! You posted how much you paid for the coilovers you dip shit! And trust me you did pay too much.

Why do I pick on you? 'Cause you are a two faced bastard. You talk the talk on maX but in person you are a gentle little lamb. empowerd and several other members have said this. Do we have to do another poll on how much you are a tool again?

ROB89M3
12-03-2002, 11:37 PM

Oh no! You called me a dickhole! LOL! You posted how much you paid for the coilovers you dip shit! And trust me you did pay too much.

Why do I pick on you? 'Cause you are a two faced bastard. You talk the talk on maX but in person you are a gentle little lamb. empowerd and several other members have said this. Do we have to do another poll on how much you are a tool again?

My coilovers came with GC rear shock mounts as well as GC front camber plates. In total with the springs I paid $1500 Installed....Is that too much????

Hey I did not come on maX to make friends. I came on here to have BMW chats/discussions.If you don't like that,so be it.
I do appreciate the controversy you members create. If it wasn't for you,the board would be crap.:D

oh and you did state that the :
"So to do an engine conversion installation properly should cost anywere between $1000 to $1,800" Is this including the labour and engine as well?

Jon@Bimmersport
12-03-2002, 11:38 PM

LOL that has to be the funniest post this month on max....hahahaha!!

Rob, dont have a heart attack man..its only dave, he isnt two faced bastard, but he is still a bastard! *devil*

M50E30...to be honest, i've noticed it..but i think you and empowerd are taking it to personal and to far...im not trying to take sides, but its annoying how half of the threads turn into you three arguing....if you cant handle ONE convo then i say go back to kindergarden...and to think people call me a kid

Jon@Bimmersport
12-03-2002, 11:43 PM

M50E30 GOT OWNED BY E46LOVER ! *uzi*

lol i was refering to you and M50E30! hahaha BOTH OF YOU GOT OWNED BY ME! HAHAHAHAH! now THAT is the funniest post on max!!! LOL!!

Lil'Smoothie
12-03-2002, 11:43 PM
amen jon, watchoutlast time i stuckup for Rob it turned into a 200 post flame war lol

Jon@Bimmersport
12-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
amen jon, watchoutlast time i stuckup for Rob it turned into a 200 post flame war lol

yea same here...Rob is a deathtrap on these boards *mumble*

E-ous
12-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Why the **** does everyone start fights with Rob. Grow Up!

mkgino
12-04-2002, 12:21 AM
Comon please dont fight. Your making me sad :(

BMW BMXer
12-04-2002, 12:21 AM
hating rob gets kinda trendy

im neutral

punnzzells
12-04-2002, 12:52 AM
Hating Rob is not kinda of trendy.. it is just easy....

he does not think b4 he replies to posts and is

adjunto a la vestito de l'mama!

:moon:

mike

M50E30
12-04-2002, 07:57 AM
"So to do an engine conversion installation properly should cost anywere between $1000 to $1,800" Is this including the labour and engine as well?

Read you mofo! I said INSTALLATION not the whole conversion! God you are as stupid as you look.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-04-2002, 08:25 AM

My coilovers came with GC rear shock mounts as well as GC front camber plates. In total with the springs I paid $1500 Installed....Is that too much????

Hey I did not come on maX to make friends. I came on here to have BMW chats/discussions.If you don't like that,so be it.
I do appreciate the controversy you members create. If it wasn't for you,the board would be crap.:D

i think that is a bit much! i could get ground control for like 700-900 maxium...so he raped you $600 for install!! haha i do spring changes in my autoshop class its easy as ****...you just need to be careful.

mkgino
12-04-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover

i think that is a bit much! i could get ground control for like 700-900 maxium...so he raped you $600 for install!! haha i do spring changes in my autoshop class its easy as ****...you just need to be careful.

How cheap can you get ground control coilovers for? What else would I need to get to properly lower my car?

Sylak
12-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Calm down People... it just about Car...
Metal sheet.. that's all... they are just object dont fight for that!
A forum that goes out of control isn't Kewl at all!! ( already experience this) So please If yo wan to argue each other do that In person in front of a cold beer in a neutral place! and if you do this on the forum Juste state your opinion No 'dickhole' or other insult
Thank you Back to car talk!

Jase
12-04-2002, 01:09 PM
AHHHHHHH
Car talk it is.....
I think you should keep your car replace or rebuild your engine. It might be the head only. probably wishful thinking. You got a sweet ride and it would be a shame to let it go for a few problems. I don't think you can replace it for what you would sell it for, plus the cost of replacing the engine. KEEP IT..
just my opinion

Spartiatis
12-04-2002, 03:04 PM
I want to so bad but I dont know where the money is going to come from:confused:

M50E30
12-04-2002, 06:12 PM
I want to so bad but I dont know where the money is going to come from:confused:

Just keep it off the road for 1 year and save up the money. Put it in heated storage now and then late next winter fix it with the money saved in that year. Don't rush it.

NickP
12-04-2002, 09:50 PM

900 maximum? For the 4 springs front camber plates and rear upper shock mounts? Ummmnnn I don't think so, please prove me wrong.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot the spring perches / collars.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-04-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by NickP

900 maximum? For the 4 springs front camber plates and rear upper shock mounts? Ummmnnn I don't think so, please prove me wrong.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot the spring perches / collars.

well my good friend wont sell me an incomplete kit, so i think i can prove you wrong..MAYBE..im not making any promises here

thinair
12-04-2002, 11:21 PM

No offense Rob, but this is kind of like a kick to the nuts. From what I've read, this is the second local forum/board you've insulted within the last couple months.

Sorry Spartiatis, i didn't mean to go off-topic on your thread....keep your M3 btw, it's beautiful, you just have to make it fast again.

punnzzells
12-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Save your $ and if you need to get a part time job, I am sure someone on the board could use a personal bitch!

hahahahahaha......

jokes....

:D

Mike.

Jase
12-10-2002, 03:47 AM
So are you keeping the car or what?. Or did you stop reading the thread due to the usual off topic fighting?

Spartiatis
12-10-2002, 06:33 AM
I am keeping it. I am going to pull the head during the winter

Jase
12-10-2002, 02:58 PM
That is great
*th-up*
So does that mean I was right that it might only be the head?
better than a whole engine
good luck

Spartiatis
12-10-2002, 03:24 PM
I hope that you are right!!*wiggle*

Jase
12-10-2002, 03:30 PM
once you have the head off you can have the block looked at. As long as you don't need pistons, the bearings and rings are not much. the block might not need to be bored. maybe just honed.
to get my head rebuilt I am spending about 800 parts in.But I am not driving a M3

phaust
12-10-2002, 05:45 PM
I HAVE THE SOLUTION! :)

Call at (819)399-2132 ask Jean-Guy Camirand

tell him that HUGO BELANGER tell you to call him.

HE have some m3 engine in is possession.

it's in quebec. 100km from montreal..

GR8 Ride
12-10-2002, 07:41 PM

Well, the complete package from Ground Control (coilover kit, front camber plates and rear shock mounts) totals up to $867 USD. With the exchange rate, shipping etc, that's easily $1300-1400 CDN, plus installation and alignment.

Figure on about 1 hour per corner to install the coilovers, plus another $90 for the alignment.

Sounds like Rob didn't do bad on the price at all.

It's funny how a bunch of people on here want to bitch about John's prices, but this generally seems to come from the crowd that hasn't done anything beyond putting a new stereo and 19 inch wheels on their car. Funny how guys driving street cars bitch about the price when they take their car to a race shop and ask how much a new suspension is going to be.

It's akin to going into Brack's or Bay Bloor Radio and bitching about how much the stereo equipment is....and then comparing prices to stuff you can buy at Future Shop.

Oh, and give up trying to get Tomasetti to do any work for you; he's sold all his shop equipment, and is dealing in wholesale parts only. The minimal amount of maintenance he does now is for long time, previous customers.

Pat

Jon@Bimmersport
12-10-2002, 08:10 PM
hmm...i am guessing the GC for the honda/acura's are more expensive than the BMW? since you need to change all those plates n shit like that

Fast_Gal
12-12-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride

Oh, and give up trying to get Tomasetti to do any work for you; he's sold all his shop equipment, and is dealing in wholesale parts only. The minimal amount of maintenance he does now is for long time, previous customers.

Pat

Funny he doesn't tell you that when you call.

GR8 Ride
12-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Well...he faxed around his list of shop equipment that he had for sale several months back. Last time I talked to Dave, all his equipment was gone.

He's working most days at Pfaff now, unless that's changed recently. So servicing cars (BMWs anyway) isn't his primary business anymore.

Pat