PDA

View Full Version : Wide Open Throttle

AcidSnow
01-30-2002, 12:19 PM
hello, I noticed this switch thing under my gas pedal not to long ago, and inquired about it. It is only touched when you push the gas all the way (automatic).I was told its a WOT (Wide Open Throttle) switch, and that it sends some kind of signal to engine, that tells it you mean business.

So my curiousity got the best of me, and I tried it, but I really couldn't feel a difference in anything.

Does anyone have more information about this switch, or what it does???

1998 328i

Schnell
01-30-2002, 04:46 PM
I believe that is the transmission kick-down switch, it tells the automatic transmission to "kick-down" one or two gears when you floor it.

Dirtyman
01-31-2002, 09:09 PM
yah, Shnell is right, its a kick down switch, for down shifting automaticly "when you mean business" dude.

the 'wide open throttle' switch is on the throttle body for fuel
enrichment "when you mean business" cause the engine leans out when at high rpm!!

I'm 99% on that info!!:)

djcontra
01-31-2002, 10:15 PM
well to let you know, the switch doesn't always work for me.
It depends on what speed you're going i think, or some other variable. I hate how the computer decides what to do sometimes. But usually the car when i hit the kick down switch, snaps my neck back a little and off i go like a crazy man =)

Dirtyman
01-31-2002, 10:20 PM
hey Djcontra, do you have a performance chip or your bimmer?
that is really supposed to help for auto, but thats what i've heard.
or maybe theres a chip for the tranny. ask around cause i'm not toooo sure!

djcontra
01-31-2002, 10:32 PM
i'm actually not sure if i have a chip or not
i am dying to check because my car does have alot of pep to it.
if i dont, i prolly wont get one though, i'm not sure i completely believe they will do anything for me.

If anything, i want a tranny chip that shifts gears without the 2second delay. I want it to shift when i shift. That's all i ask =)

Dirtyman
01-31-2002, 10:37 PM
well i know from experience that late model bmw's that are auto are peppy. maybe try stick, no 2second delay*th-up* and easier to transfer enigine power!