PDA

View Full Version : Perelli tires any good?

DunDan
12-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Should I get P7000s (215/45/17) and Winter 210s (205/65/15)?My Yoko H4s are worn and my Nokians H1s are sold.

maverick
12-02-2002, 06:43 PM
the pirelli's are good expensive and tire ware I didn't find that great I had the P7000 there almos $500 a tire great traction short life then again I have a chamber problem so that was a good part of the reason they hook up good though

Furious
12-02-2002, 08:51 PM
i tried the p7000 supersports, they are a harder tire. and kinda expensive. but not bad

M50E30
12-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Well i'm still experimenting with summer tires. But I really like Michellen Artic Alpens for winter. I will be putting on a set of 14" Alpens on the '73 2002 soon.

Dave

NickP
12-02-2002, 09:51 PM
I've never met a Pirelli that I liked. My stockish Volvo 760 turbo overpowers the p7000's on it at 1/2 throttle.

My favourite summer tire is the Bridgestone RE 730's( cheap, stick to anything, get noisy) and the Bridgestone S-03's(not so cheap, amazing grip, not as noisy).

Michelin Arctic Alpin's are my favourite winter tire for Toronto, if you want more of a ski country tire look into the Gislaved or Nokian.

Bill Gates
12-03-2002, 12:05 AM
my gf just got the P7000 supersport (3 weeks ago) and their not bad. if i were to compare it to my Michelin Pilot Alpin's in snow, they are pretty lousy. in wet, their ok...

hopefully they hookup in the summer time.

IMO, they are slightly above average tires and you can probably find better for that price range.

these tires are rated as All-Season, and when they say its only good for "light snow conditions" they mean it!!!

Her last set were Michelin X-One's and she misses them alot!

Furious
12-03-2002, 12:45 AM
honestly for the price you just cant beat those khumos 712's ,

DunDan
12-03-2002, 08:37 AM
What about sizing? I know larger (width) sizes are not cheap. The reason I'm switching all my tires is that my buddy can get an awesome deal off Perellis - 50% off retail.

djcontra
12-03-2002, 01:05 PM
My pirelli supersports only lasted me 1 year of driving (if that) before the tread was so low that i'm starting to question getting new tires for next year. They are superb tires in terms of performance. They hardly ever slipped on wet or dry pavement.
The only problem is that they dont tend to last long, and are about $700 a pair for new ones (and that's a cash discount price too!)

When it was time to get new rear tires, I just moved my two front pirelli's which were still almost new looking to the rear, and got Hercules tires up front. I must say that i'm disappointed in the traction of the hercules tires, they seem to slip quite a bit under hard driving, but for $340 a pair they're not a bad choice. I've driven on alot worse tires than these. The kumho's i've heard are decent but i have yet to try them. The tread pattern on alot of the kumho's aren't the very attractive "V" shape pattern I like but i guess that doesn't matter either.

i would definately choose pirelli for the track, and something less expensive with less tire wear for the street. Forget all season...who drives with their rims in the winter?? *no-no*

Furious
12-03-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
My pirelli supersports only lasted me 1 year of driving (if that) before the tread was so low that i'm starting to question getting new tires for next year. They are superb tires in terms of performance. They hardly ever slipped on wet or dry pavement.
The only problem is that they dont tend to last long, and are about $700 a pair for new ones (and that's a cash discount price too!)

When it was time to get new rear tires, I just moved my two front pirelli's which were still almost new looking to the rear, and got Hercules tires up front. I must say that i'm disappointed in the traction of the hercules tires, they seem to slip quite a bit under hard driving, but for $340 a pair they're not a bad choice. I've driven on alot worse tires than these. The kumho's i've heard are decent but i have yet to try them. The tread pattern on alot of the kumho's aren't the very attractive "V" shape pattern I like but i guess that doesn't matter either.

i would definately choose pirelli for the track, and something less expensive with less tire wear for the street. Forget all season...who drives with their rims in the winter?? *no-no*

well i know that the 712's (khumo) are unidirectional. somewhat of a V not like some tires but a nice aggressive pattern none the less.

M3ti Compact
12-03-2002, 08:07 PM
The best snow tires I have are Nokia Hakkapeliita.
Their bite is amazing in the snow...and pretty much cannot over-power them in the rain (as easily as I could with the stock Michelins)
The only problem is that they buzz on dry...

Bliss
12-03-2002, 08:10 PM
Pirelli P7000's are hard as a rock, and are pretty loud. Although my camber in my E36 didn't help the loudness.:D

Sylak
12-03-2002, 11:15 PM
My only ecounter with Pirreli was P3000 four season tire.. on 14'' mag, on my 92 VW golf... good tire for Cheap one and four season ( but they Suck in snow.. four season SUCK )
And sorry but michelin aplin are not really good they hard too hard the cold make then turn like concrete. i got Yokoama Guardex they are good... But they dont like too much snow. Nokian beat them all

o yeah you all live in toronto.. i in quebec winter i realy evil here sometimes... and some peo^le still put four season tyres on the car ... it's suicide! ;-)