PDA

View Full Version : Contented BMW owners

audiophilia
11-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Who's happy with their 94-98 BMWs from a maintenance standpoint?

I just read the 'BMW Maintenance History' thread, and it scares the crap out of me. Are they in the minority?

I understand the cachet of owning a BMW and of the driving pleasure, but that may dissapear with umpteen bills to pay.

I know there will be bills; not a problem. But the rides they describe are just money pits.

Thanks...

Phantom
11-30-2002, 06:05 PM
I'm happy............*th-up* .

Glenn 328is
12-02-2002, 06:22 PM
I, too, am very happy. If you maintain it, it'll treat you the same way....

mkgino
12-02-2002, 07:09 PM
I think they are very reliable cars if you treat them right. I have had my car for 2 1/2 years and the only thing wrong with it was one busted O2 sensor. See the problem with bmw's is that the parts are expensive, thats it. If something goes wrong, then its expensive to fix. But if your lucky, then usually things dont go wrong with it.

Jon@Bimmersport
12-02-2002, 10:10 PM
audiophilla...your best bet is to find out the history of the vehicle first, see how it was treated etc..if it was 1 owner its better because you can find out who it was so you can ask questions, try for the ones with all the maintanance history and ones maintained at the dealer...which model are you looking at in peticular? there are some rear subframe failures on the 94 and below or something..so try for 95 and up!

///M3Boy28
12-02-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm happy with my car runs fine, but the only problem was a leaking valve that cost me almost $500 usd. But, everything else is great.