PDA

View Full Version : alrite this mite be a dumb thing to say but...

e30_325_s52
11-30-2002, 04:58 AM
think mite be a dumb idea...but has anyone tried to put internet in there car?...lik hook it up to a laptop or somethin?..that would be tite if u could...well thats wha i think...has anyone tired or know someone that did

M50E30
11-30-2002, 09:27 AM
http://www.gnetcanada.com/

This guy lives in the Toronto area. Cool guy and pricing is reasonable too!

e30_325_s52
11-30-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
http://www.gnetcanada.com/

This guy lives in the Toronto area. Cool guy and pricing is reasonable too! do they put in internet too? or no....cuz thats wha i want...lik a wireless modem..that would be sick...but i thought it could be a dumb question

mkgino
11-30-2002, 03:54 PM
Ive seen it before, but it sounds expensive for something you dont really need, other than for bragging rights.

e30_325_s52
11-30-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
Ive seen it before, but it sounds expensive for something you dont really need, other than for bragging rights. its really that expensive?...cant u buy wireless modems for a laptop?

SickFinga
11-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Yes they do
http://www.gnetcanada.com/digitaldash.htm

But when yo gto internet in your car, that's when geek factor activates :D

But I must admit I like the idea *wave*

e30_325_s52
11-30-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
Yes they do
http://www.gnetcanada.com/digitaldash.htm

But when yo gto internet in your car, that's when geek factor activates :D

But I must admit I like the idea *wave*

u lik the idea too...i thought it would be tite to have it

M50E30
11-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by e30_325_s52
do they put in internet too?

You use a cell phone for that. Some of the new cell phones that are out have 1X technology (high speed) but talk about an expensive phone bill!

SickFinga
11-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by M50E30

You use a cell phone for that. Some of the new cell phones that are out have 1X technology (high speed) but talk about an expensive phone bill!

free weekend and evnings will reduce the bill

e30_325_s52
11-30-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga

free weekend and evnings will reduce the bill ya i bet it will...but i meant not by a cell tho..lik a modem..i saw one on a commerical of sony viao...but never could find one

Jon@Bimmersport
11-30-2002, 06:38 PM
sickfinga...how would it be the geek factor? what if you are in car shows, or in the car stuck in traffic, and your bored...we can go on the net and check out your website (sex-filez) hahaha...or you can have the computer build to your sound system and play MP3 right in your car...i think its a cool thing to have! and it costs the same as a normal cd player with lcd screen! around 2g

e30_325_s52
11-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
sickfinga...how would it be the geek factor? what if you are in car shows, or in the car stuck in traffic, and your bored...we can go on the net and check out your website (sex-filez) hahaha...or you can have the computer build to your sound system and play MP3 right in your car...i think its a cool thing to have! and it costs the same as a normal cd player with lcd screen! around 2g even the computer put in?

Miguel
12-01-2002, 07:59 PM
This sounds incredible... Imagine every movie you ever wanted, you can download it while driving to work! you hear a tune on the radio.. d/l it right then!! Im sure this can be hooled up with a lap top, wireless card, screen, just use the tv-out function on your laptop.... imagine drive-by hacking!!:D *uzi*

e30_325_s52
12-01-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Miguel
This sounds incredible... Imagine every movie you ever wanted, you can download it while driving to work! you hear a tune on the radio.. d/l it right then!! Im sure this can be hooled up with a lap top, wireless card, screen, just use the tv-out function on your laptop.... imagine drive-by hacking!!:D *uzi* hackin while drivin?..hahahah but u know the wireless card shit u gotta pay monthly for it....lik a cell phone bill...but alot more tho...cuz mines would be on 24/7 hhaha....but internt in the car too....it would only be 56k...so it would take a while to d/l it....but just transfer a movie from ur home comp to ur car comp and there u go....a movie on that harddrive