PDA

View Full Version : Got Some Bad news Today

Jase
11-30-2002, 12:57 AM
Just when I thought I could not take anymore...I went to get my car from the bodyshop today and the owner stops me and says " your car isn't done". I sent it for new floor pans. I asked why he said " when we were fixing the wheelwell we founf some rust on the door skin" I said ok and ? Well they decided to take it upon themselves to replace my rockerpanels and my doorskins. They didn't even call me and ask!!. So I have to get the car painted again( I was thinking of it anyway) but not until Jan when I get my body kit. I now have to pay an extra $900 to get my car back.
I got a pic of the floor board and why I need a new floor.

Jase
11-30-2002, 12:58 AM
car looked ok as in the pic but look at this pic( the drain plug inthe floor rotted out and fell out

Jase
11-30-2002, 01:03 AM
hell if I know what happened to that pic...try this one

Jase
11-30-2002, 01:04 AM
one more time........

///Mr.T
11-30-2002, 01:24 AM
That sucks, you should fight them down on the price cuz they diddnt even ask you if you wanted it fixed. *no-no* But we all know it never works that way... :mad:

M50E30
11-30-2002, 09:24 AM
Holy crap! I would seriously freak out on them! Ask him "Who is going to pay for the new stuff?". If he says you then come back with "Did you call me to confirm?" or "With what money?". Start BSin' him that it is Christmas time and you can't afford to pay him and you need your car.

Also I suggest that you find a better bodyshop.

Lil'Smoothie
11-30-2002, 12:56 PM
let him finish the work, take your keys and pay him what you originally agreed on. if he didnt have your consent to do more than its his fault, he cant expecct you to pay it, take him to court

mkgino
11-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Wow, that sucks. If he did finish the job without telling you first, then I would complain. If not then you need to fork up the cash. But whats the big deal, I mean that is something that does need to get fixed anyway.

SpoolinS6
11-30-2002, 05:16 PM
WHAT THE hell the guy put the worx on with out even asqing u what the hell tell him u aint ganna pay him because u did tell him to the the worx on tha car!

Jase
11-30-2002, 06:29 PM
But whats the big deal, I mean that is something that does need to get fixed anyway.

I am not upset with the fact it need to be done. More so that I wasen't expecting to pay as much as $1000 more to get my car back. It is like 2 weeks before christmas, I have kids who want presents. I just feel I got screwed

gsbadbmr
11-30-2002, 08:59 PM
it's not really all that bad news. Before any other work gets done on the car, check it over thoroughly!!!! Maybe there is more rust in other concealed places. If not, agree to meet the guy "halfway" on the additional work, i'm sure he doesn't really mean to try and "milk you" for $$$$, but most likely address the problem. Let us know how it turns out.*th-up*

Jase
11-30-2002, 09:36 PM
the guy called me after hours to discuss the car. He said I might want to look at behind the bumpers. So I went over and did. I think he will be doing a bit of approved work. Turns out I don't have to repaint the whole car. he is doing the bottom. We came to a agrement on the price( do to the suprise work) he gets a good cost on the rockers and skins. And I said I wanted it fixed right so we are meeting half way. The car will be done in a week.
The hold up on getting it back is slowing down the process.I was supposed to be replacing the engine this weekend. Guess not.
Ill keep you guys posted..and gets some pics of the finished product. Hope it comes back at least as shiney as it left

*th-up*

gsbadbmr
11-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Good Stuff! I wanted to ask you, are you getting the body kit from Fil?

Jase
11-30-2002, 11:23 PM
sure am...only problem is the extra money this cost me to do set me back a month or so for $$$$. I am going to call him and work out the when and stuff. the only difference is I am putting on Mtech doorcaps too . on the side just under the molding. I also need some bigger wheels> I probably am going to buy used ones first. ( keep it cost down) I am spending a lot in a short period of time.( engine, tranny, clutch, body, 92 style seats, heatermotor, linkage, wheelbearings, tierods, steeringrack, waterpump, o2 sensor, cap rotor wires, gauges, cat, carbon fiber dash and console..are the things I have already bought or ordered). So money is a bit tight. He gave me a great price...So I am getting one
Jase

Sac318is
12-01-2002, 03:32 AM
i also have to fix my floor pan in the rear and then the rocker panels.. and my front hood ... what was the total for you ??

Jase
12-01-2002, 09:50 AM
It cost me just short of 2000
If I were you I wouldget quotes from a few places. And repaint the wholecar.