PDA

View Full Version : What to clean the engine with??? Hmmmm

BMW_M52_M20
11-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Okay, I bought some BMW stuff and it was shit. My engine bay is dirty and it looks like:puke:
Is there any strong engine cleaning products that you guys would recommend?
Cheers
Jay

M50E30
11-30-2002, 12:47 AM
Castrol Super Clean...empowerd buys that stuff by the big refill containers. Gamite had his engine bay cleaned with that stuff and it looked so clean you could eat off of it.

Click here for Gamites before and after pics of cleaning the engine bay! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6057&highlight=Castrol)

SickFinga
11-30-2002, 03:12 AM
yep go with Castrol Super Clean, I used it to and it is damn good.
I spilled like a liter of oil on my trunk carpet I was thinking to throw it a way, but just for fun sprayed some Catrol Super Clean on it. Oil was just "running" away. Wicked stuff!!!. and Engine bay looked nice after it.

BMW_M52_M20
11-30-2002, 02:22 PM
Holy crap, that looks good, I am going to buy some of that stuff right now, I will take some before and after pics!
Cheers guys
Jay

niko_gt
11-30-2002, 03:13 PM
ya the purple bottle from crappy tire is great, i used that stuff, mine was philthy at first, its clean now, just use an old tooth brush or something to scrub the metal and stuff. it helps.. alot

Bob bimmer
12-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah I've used the Super Clean and it works good but I would go for something else. If you go to Canadian Tire and look in the engine cleaners you will find only one cleaner that has two spray can. I don't remember the name but its the only one there with two spray cans. The first one is a cleaner and it takes about 20 minutes to clean and the second one protects your stuff and gives a nice looks to any chrome, aluminum and your hoses, and its lasts much longer than Super Clean I find. Try taht it is the best suff I have ever seen and its only $15.00. If you can't find it write back and I will look for the name of it for you.

BMW_M52_M20
12-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Well I went out and bought the purple bottle of Castrol Super Clean. I just have to go find a garage to do this in. Mine is full of junk, and it is to cold outside!
Thanks guys
Jay