PDA

View Full Version : Splitter????

bart320i
11-29-2002, 02:49 AM
hey guys. My car is coming out of the body shop soon and I have a fiber glass front skirt. Since my car is going to be LOW I want to protect my front end from scraping on driveways and shit. Now I'm thinking or installing the hamman splitters so that if I rub then the circles areas in the pic will not crack since the contact will be with the splitter. Is this a good idea? will it protect my skirt? Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?

bart320i
11-29-2002, 02:51 AM
oh by the ways here's the pic where I want the splitters installed

mpower1226
11-29-2002, 05:30 AM
Hey, how about make your own with thick aluminum sheet.
Maybe you could cut it nicely and drill it to bottom of the bummper.
but cut it nice and not too noticeble, not too stick out..

Just my thoughts. Maybe it cannot be drilled together the sheet and fiber glass, or maybe it might look butt ugly. JUST MY THOUGHTS.

mpower1226
11-29-2002, 05:32 AM
oh and one more thing, even if your front is made out of fiber glass and your car is low, still if the quailty is good, then normally it wont crack easily. Mine is fiber glass and I dont crack it.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-29-2002, 08:21 AM
empowerd made a guard out of metal, it goes under his bumper and he got one of the lowest bimmers around GTA, so he never ****ed up the paint on his bimmer...you can do that if you want

WASABI
11-29-2002, 10:34 AM
I experimented with a piece of lexan (1/4" thick), painted it black, and attached it to the same area you pointed, but it looked kinda weird (IMO), so I took them off. I hit my bumper a few times, even thought I shattered it one time, but still good. you can notice some scratches where it was hit but not too bad.

notice the black mark on the front lower driver side, I did that on my driveway.:eek: ... I did it on both sides. :(