PDA

View Full Version : monthly lease payment

db.
10-21-2006, 07:36 PM
i m considering to lease a 07 e90 and before going to the stealer to get some price quote, i would like to know how much are u guys paying rite now and with wht options

Gianpaolo_E46
10-21-2006, 07:38 PM
with no money down, ur looking at about 600 tax-in for a base 323i

propr'one
10-21-2006, 07:55 PM
tsk tsk. buy cars cash, if you can't afford em dont buy em

europrince
10-21-2006, 08:36 PM
prop, some people can write leases off, others have money to spend and like a new car every 3 years. lets not paint everyone with the same brush. its easy to pay cash when you're buying a 10 or 15 yr old e36. most people don't have $30k+ to buy a new car cash. go easy on them, buddy.

europrince
10-21-2006, 08:38 PM
with no money down, ur looking at about 600 tax-in for a base 323i
a buddy got the 325 with sport and premium packages, no money down, taxes in for $650. its his 3rd car with BMW of Mississauga, so they gave him a deal. he was over on mileage on his retured e46 330i and they didn't charge him.

propr'one
10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
i didn't yell at anyone, just stated my opinion, that unless you KNOW you're gonna want a new car from the same manufactuer in 3 years, leasing is usually unwise, especially with no downpayment.

my car isn't 10 years old yet, but it doesn't matter, it wasn't expensive. But even that car, if i couldn't afford to buy it in cash i wouldn't buy it. Asking how much it costs to lease a luxury car with no downpayment is a question which probably represents a bad idea.

Gianpaolo_E46
10-21-2006, 10:25 PM
a buddy got the 325 with sport and premium packages, no money down, taxes in for $650. its his 3rd car with BMW of Mississauga, so they gave him a deal. he was over on mileage on his retured e46 330i and they didn't charge him.
Thats pretty good, what lease rate did he get? any money off? we got my sister the e90 when it first came out so the lease rate was sky high. this was our 3rd or 4th bmw from maranello within 3 years so we got the usual discounts 0.5% off the lease rate and some $$ off the car. We pay like 580 or just under 600 taxes in for a 323i with preium package.

rodo
10-21-2006, 11:37 PM
leasing makes a lot of sense. You pay, say, 4% lease rate, anyone that is good at business can get returns on investment greater than 4% so dropping 50k in a car which has 0 returns is dumb when you can invest it in something that'll represent more returns, not to mention that you get a new car every 3 years and have nothing to worry about

europrince
10-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Thats pretty good, what lease rate did he get? any money off? we got my sister the e90 when it first came out so the lease rate was sky high. this was our 3rd or 4th bmw from maranello within 3 years so we got the usual discounts 0.5% off the lease rate and some $$ off the car. We pay like 580 or just under 600 taxes in for a 323i with preium package.
Sorry, I don't know but I'll ask.

db.
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I don't know but I'll ask.

pls update us on that, i m very interested to know as well, and sounds like he got a good deal on the e90 with those packages

dave328i
10-22-2006, 08:32 PM
leasing makes a lot of sense. You pay, say, 4% lease rate, anyone that is good at business can get returns on investment greater than 4% so dropping 50k in a car which has 0 returns is dumb when you can invest it in something that'll represent more returns, not to mention that you get a new car every 3 years and have nothing to worry about

nothing to worry about? you have EVERYTHING to worry about

you have to watch your mileage, you have to do every single scheduled maintenance, if you dent it you have to pay to fix that, you have to replace the tires if theyre worn, you have to take care of the interior, basically they want the car back in mint condition

such a headache if you ask me

better off buying a car that's a few years old

europrince
10-22-2006, 10:18 PM

you have to watch your mileage, you have to do every single scheduled maintenance, if you dent it you have to pay to fix that, you have to replace the tires if theyre worn, you have to take care of the interior, basically they want the car back in mint condition

what, you wouldn't take care of your car if you owned it? you wouldn't replace worn tires or do scheduled maintenance if you owned it?

dave328i
10-23-2006, 12:14 AM
of course

but it's more stressful when someone else owns it

rodo
10-23-2006, 12:28 AM
are you kidding me? Maintenance is free, they DON"T expect it back in perfect condition, and I have experience with this. Goodluck selling a car, its so stresfull because no one wants to give you anything for it on trade. And you'd rather buy a car that's a few years old? Thats hardly a fair comparison. Plus you have to pay for repairs since you would probably have no warranty, and thats very costly on a bmw

dbworld4k
10-23-2006, 01:34 AM
All this LEASING IS BADDDD stuff is pure bullshit.

We have two leased vehicles and don't break a sweat.. It makes perfect sense if you want to keep cycling through cars every few years, which we do. All this stuff about how it's a bad idea, simply because of the responsibilties (which - for crying out loud - are MINIMAL) is just garbage. Even the interest rate isn't a big hit to take.

Bottom line is that it isn't for everybody.

Gianpaolo, we got quoted roughly $850 or below that for leasing a 2007 E92 335i (sport, premium, navi) w/ 8K down from TCBMW.

Autohaus gave us $750 on a in stock 2006 330i w/ premium pkg.

Prices incl. tax. Keep in mind these qoutes were obtained during the August new-year rollout time, so they may be a bit lower than usual. Although this is winter and it's not exactly peak car buying season so you may still get a good deal out there. I highly advise you to look into BMW Autohaus (MANY owners recommended these guys and they're fabulous), parkview, or TCBMW. Don't even look at Budd's or Mississauga.

Cheers!

rodo
10-23-2006, 11:11 AM
why not budds? We're on our second BMW from them and have had a great experience. I called around to the other BMW dealerships to see what they had in stock and I wasn't impressed with any of them at all

jstalin
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I was at the dealership last week, looking at ~600$ a month for the 323 right now, the rate quoted at was 3.4%

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Picked up a 323 a couple weeks ago. Traded in one of the Audi's for it - gave us $7,500. Paying $390/month with taxes and having the freight and pdi factored into the cost.

dbworld4k
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
why not budds? We're on our second BMW from them and have had a great experience. I called around to the other BMW dealerships to see what they had in stock and I wasn't impressed with any of them at all

Then you're not looking around very hard. Let's just say MANY owners in the GTA BMW Community have had "less-than-satisfied" experiences with them, myself included on two counts.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
My family has been dealing with Mississauga BMW (and Maranello) for years without any problems. IMO it really depends on who you deal with.

As far as Budd's goes, I've dealt with them on a few occassions and don't have anything bad to say about them (I think they have the best parts department).

db.
10-23-2006, 08:15 PM
']Picked up a 323 a couple weeks ago. Traded in one of the Audi's for it - gave us $7,500. Paying $390/month with taxes and having the freight and pdi factored into the cost.

wht option u have on the 323 but why would u chose a 323 rather than 328?
so how much did u pay at delivery?

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
10-23-2006, 10:17 PM
wht option u have on the 323 but why would u chose a 323 rather than 328?
so how much did u pay at delivery?

It has premium package. Didn't get a 328 because it didnt suit our needs. (Have a few other cars, and plain and simply we just wanted something half decent to replace the POS Audi).

At delivery paid around $600 I believe. It includes first months payment, full tank of gas, tax, etc.

STALKER
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
You should have got a 06, they had a rate of 3.9%.

propr'one
10-24-2006, 01:00 AM
If you calculate leases well, it usually makes sense.

Also, if you have a PRE EXISTING RELATIONSHIP with a dealership. aka flapjack, rodo, & friends, then of course they're going to waive a few extra KM, dings, etc.

many people dont have that luxury, have to fight for lower rates, etc.

cisco911
10-24-2006, 05:10 PM
The only truly bad thing about leasing is the km restriction. I don't know how much bmw is but I think its 22k a year. I do more than that and I work downtown which means I use transit to get to work. So nights and weekends is more than 22k, so if someone drives to work and back, well i'm guessing it would be really easy to go over on kms. Besides...since the average kms per year that someone puts on a car is around 25k, that means that more than half the people that drive do more kms than a lease would allow.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
The only truly bad thing about leasing is the km restriction. I don't know how much bmw is but I think its 22k a year. I do more than that and I work downtown which means I use transit to get to work. So nights and weekends is more than 22k, so if someone drives to work and back, well i'm guessing it would be really easy to go over on kms. Besides...since the average kms per year that someone puts on a car is around 25k, that means that more than half the people that drive do more kms than a lease would allow.

BMW standard is 24k/year, they also have a low mileage option of 20k/year.
However at the time of negotiating a lease, if you believe you will go over the limit, you are able to negotiate more km's at a specified rate factored into the payment.

That being said, the last car we returned to BMW was over by approximately 3,000km's. However since we were leasing another vehicle from them, they did not charge us. Again this may be because we have purchased a number of vehicles from them in the past (although I have met a number of acquaintances that were first time bmw owners, returning their cars over mileage and not being dinged for it because they were leasing another vehicle from them).

I do agree though that is one of the only downfalls of leasing (although it has never effected my driving habits).

cisco911
10-24-2006, 05:46 PM
I remember my first year of university I put 80k on my VW...no way I could do that on a lease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my dad's friends had an audi back in the day(1998)...at the end of the 3 year lease she had gone over by like 50k....they wanted her to pay a ridiculous amount of money...makes sense since the vehicle will be worth alot less with 50k extra. She shoudl have not leased...it was not a good option for her driving.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
10-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I remember my first year of university I put 80k on my VW...no way I could do that on a lease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my dad's friends had an audi back in the day(1998)...at the end of the 3 year lease she had gone over by like 50k....they wanted her to pay a ridiculous amount of money...makes sense since the vehicle will be worth alot less with 50k extra. She shoudl have not leased...it was not a good option for her driving.

In an instance like that of course it makes no sense. But how many people drive 80k in one year!?! ;)

There are always boundaries where it makes sense and makes no sense at all. If your driving that much it makes no sense at all to do it, but thats a given :P

Blades
10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
']In an instance like that of course it makes no sense. But how many people drive 80k in one year!?! ;)

There are always boundaries where it makes sense and makes no sense at all. If your driving that much it makes no sense at all to do it, but thats a given :P

I do 40-50k a year. Not lease friendly :)

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
10-24-2006, 06:11 PM

I never said it suits everyone ;)

na8282
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I traded my old car for 6000 and downpayed 5000 for 39 month I`m paying 310 including tax a month its 06 325i with Sport pkg and Premium Pkg

europrince
10-25-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm in the same boat.

Rob M5
11-02-2006, 11:51 AM
I got mine in November 05 when they weren't around so I am getting 0 down $814/month with 24km per year on 36 months.

A friend got the same car at 3.9% a month ago with 0 down, 20km per year and is paying $635.

Stupid lease rate makes a huge difference so you are better off finding an 06.

jstalin
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM
I got mine in November 05 when they weren't around so I am getting 0 down $814/month with 24km per year on 36 months.

A friend got the same car at 3.9% a month ago with 0 down, 20km per year and is paying $635.

When you say 0 down, are you including freight/pdi? Or do you mean 0 extra down?

M3ti Compact
11-05-2006, 09:08 PM
If you keep cars for a long time, then it's worth it to buy outright from the beginning rather than leasing (to own).

If you like a new cars every few years- or if your running a business where you can write off the payments- then leasing is your cheapest, pain free option.

If you know your going to go over KMs, and you still feel the need to lease dispite this, then make sure there is a purchase option at the end within your satisfaction to limit your liability.

Your salesperson should be able to help you out in this decision, thats their job and they why your paying them the big bucks!

nick330ci
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
like a few have said, it really falls down to the buyer itself as to which option is better for them. For some, leasing is the way to go, for others purchasing is the best bet. Each option has its own merits, and cater to people with certain needs.

Hound
08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
on the topic of leasing, I decided to go that route just simply because I got a awesome deal on a 30,000k/yr lease and for me right now I want something that I don't have to worry about for items that would normaly be warrenty items. I like "owning my own car" and have for the past two car's i've had, but I figured why not try out leasing, im 22 and I will have the car till im 26 (4 year lease) so it's no big deal. Im of the mind that since the buyout at the end of the lease is cheap, that if i go over the millage then I will just buy it out and either sell it or keep it.

nick330ci
08-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I agree, if you only plan on keeping the car for a few years, and upgrading, then leasing is your best bet, plus your monthly payments are a little lower. Also if you can, you can also write off the lease payments which is a plus!

One of the funny things I keep hearing from people that lease there cars is that they seem to think that if they put $x amount down, they should be able to get that out of the car at the end of the lease (by buying it out and selling it)...while sometimes, this may be possible at the end of the lease, in most cases its not. They just do not understand that by putting money down at the beginning of the lease all they are doing is making their monthly payments lower ($20 about for every $1000 put down). I sometimes just can't figure out how some people can not grab this concept.

Hound
08-22-2007, 04:43 PM
actually when dealing with subaru etc. it turns out that most were $100 for every $1000 which sounds great till you see that with $0 down some of them can be close to $1000 a mth...

BMW is horrible for downpayments, you go into a showroom, and they have listed that you can have XXX car with such and such pkgs for a meare $800+ per mth, but that's IF you put down $8000 lol. I realise that that is just a starting point to work out a better deal but still $8000 down and you still are paying close to $1000 per mth.

Axxe
08-22-2007, 04:59 PM
My Dad's 5 is zero down. Horrendous monthly payments, but it's a business writeoff. The minivan is zero down too, so is an employee's Mazda3. At the end of the day, it's just a necessary expense, and I don't know about you guys, but I rather drive a new car every 3 years than pay the tax man to floss his ass with gold.

Hound
08-22-2007, 05:47 PM
^^ Damn stright. It seems to be the way to go now if you don't want to worry about major repairs etc. and like that new car smell :D

yea $0 down on 5er's I know what you mean by horrendous payments... the same though for both the rents car's they get written off so high monthly payments aren't as big a deal.

BimmerboyPH
08-24-2007, 12:52 AM
We got a 328i sedan, alpine white, black leatherette and the premium pak with no money down and we are paying around about $700, i think.

T.Dot_E30
08-24-2007, 01:19 AM
The only thing i don't like about leases, althought it makes sense in alot of cases esp with businesses.

The concept i dont like, is that you never really own the car, and the payments never stop. I like the idea of paying off a car, driving payment free for a few years, then worrying about a new car again.

VSanj
08-28-2007, 01:21 PM
^^Im with you brother, theres no feeling like the first couple of months when you have paid off ur car and you see all kinds of extra money in your account.....lol

o2pb
09-26-2007, 01:01 AM
I got a 328xi, nav, leather, parking, sound system. no money down, 20k/year, 3 years. $1040/month.

raped.

BMW_7
09-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I got a 328xi, nav, leather, parking, sound system. no money down, 20k/year, 3 years. $1040/month.

raped.

Indeed... But hey if you got the money.

Nascar318is
10-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I skimmed through this fast but.. to find out what you would pay go to the BMW site and build the car that you want with the options and it will tell you everything.. weather you buy it or lease it..

A Plane Jane Base 335I With no options and basic paint..

4. Summary
Total MSRP $49,900

Colours & Wheels

Jet Black
17" Star Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 159

Packages & Options

6-Speed Manual Transmission STD
Front seats, 8-way power adjustable STD

Leasing

Type Lease (20,000 KM/year)
Downpayment $7,485
Trade-in $0
Term (months) 36
Province ON
Rate 3.90%
Residual Value $27,944
Monthly Payment $516/mo

Financing

Type Retail Finance
Downpayment $7,485
Trade-in $0
Term (months) 48
Province ON
Rate 3.90%
Monthly Payment $1,114/mo

Or a 48 month lease with 0 down. 20KM's a year
Monthly Payment
(excludes taxes):
$839/mo
Trade-in: $ 0
Term (months): 48
Province: ON
Rate: 8.50%
Residual: $21,956

Vicman17
10-06-2007, 08:58 PM
You also have to remember the 'post-lease' expenses that the typical salesman won't inform you about:

-Tires (need to be more than 50% tread depth)

-Abnormal wear and tear (carpets need shampooing, torn upholstery, broken interior pieces, cracked windshield, etc)

-Excessive dings and scratches

-Sub-par body repair (they will charge you the cost of repainting)

-Non-functioning items (broken radio knobs, switches, burnt-out bulbs, cracked fog-lights, etc..)

All these and much more on top of any excess miles you accumulated.

A relative was surprised to get a $1700 charge from Nissan after returning a leased Altima. Car was not mint but was not abused either. Since he didn't bother getting (leasing) a new one, they piled all kinds of charges and billed him for it. The inspection guy said $1700 was low and some people get nailed much more. I guess it's not worth leasing unless you can write all those things off. IMO it's just another word for 'rental' with the added technicalities.

dtthiaga
10-15-2007, 01:08 PM
You also have to remember the 'post-lease' expenses that the typical salesman won't inform you about:
-Tires (need to be more than 50% tread depth)
-Abnormal wear and tear (carpets need shampooing, torn upholstery, broken interior pieces, cracked windshield, etc)
-Excessive dings and scratches
-Sub-par body repair (they will charge you the cost of repainting)
-Non-functioning items (broken radio knobs, switches, burnt-out bulbs, cracked fog-lights, etc..)
A relative was surprised to get a $1700 charge from Nissan after returning a leased Altima.

Looking at Nissan Canada's Lease Return Checklist, it not too bad. You are allowed minor dings on upto three panels. Tires must have 3.3mm of thread left. As for non functioning electrical components, the car should be under warranty; always return the car with a few weeks of warranty left on it, just to avoid this hassle. And, never lease a car outside of the bumper to bumper warranty period.

There is no excuse for having ripped seats or cracked windshield on a 3 year old car. That is definitely abnormal wear and tear.

Even if you owned the car, and were trying to sell it, and you had the above mentioned items wrong with it (worn tires, cracked windshield, torn seats, dents, scratches, broken switches), I would definitely beat the price down for an abused vehicle.

europrince
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Ah, the year old thread that never dies !

swbatte
11-14-2007, 06:02 PM
I leased my 335i sport/lux because:
a. Monthly payment is lower - I can use the cash for investments etc.
b. You only pay the tax on each month's payment rather than the value of the whole car.
c. I can write off some of the lease - businesses can write off up to $800 per month, but if you use the vehicle for personal reasons (including driving yourself to and from work) then it's proportional to business/personal use.
d. I can still buy the car at the end of the lease if I like it (which I do), and do a baloon payment lease again, and get the advantages of leasing all over again while owning the car.

RJL85
01-18-2008, 01:57 AM
5k down
39 mos.
24k kms/yr

430/month taxes incl .

residual like 52% or something i donno .

2007 new 323i

ericdalinda
01-18-2008, 01:25 PM

soo basically you dont do every single scheduled maintenance????

you dont replace your tires when there worn?

funny if you have a brand new car, why wouldnt you keep it in brand new condition??

lol i would like to see the shoes you wear... you sound like the type of person to buy a brand new pair of shoes and dirty them right away?

of course eventually they get dirty but dont you want to keep it clean as long as possible???

as Forrest Gump always says "you can tell a whole lot by a persons shoes... Where they been, What work they do. Just a Whole Lot"

but the guy has a valid point you lease with 4 percent and you make more then 5 percent on return smart ideology. and then after you buy the car out after the lease.. very smart idea

phaust
05-22-2008, 12:38 AM
here is mine

3 weeks ago

335i sparkling gray 2008 sedan,6speed no extra package

Leasing

Type Lease (20,000 KM/year)
Downpayment $0
Trade-in $0
Term (months) 39
Province QC
Rate 2.0%
Residual Value $27,944
Monthly Payment $845/mo

i took some "options"

699$ for road hasard free repair ( windsheald, lights, tire, rims, anything on road hasard

799$ extra wear : no charge for scratchs, crack, ding, if it's not excead like 8000$ in repair ( so no stress AT ALL)

and a extra 699$ for i don't remember the name of the option but they change your whipers, braker rotors and pad during your lease. all the things that can be used.. expepts straps or something like that.

anyway sound bullet proof for me! *smoke*

Nascar318is
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
^^ Damn that's a mean payment. That's almost a mortgage payment on a 200K house..

But congrats! Yes i'm jealous cause I can't afford that:(

phaust
05-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Nascar318is: thanks! in fact is the same thing as my mortgage! but since i loan it with my compagny.. i save the taxes and i pay before the gov take the half! ;-)

Qube
05-25-2008, 11:26 PM
It really depends. I put on a good 30-40k a year, so I bought the e39 outright. My wife has what... 5km one way to work? Plus it's a first gen 1 series so it's a lease for me on that side. By three years, it would be facelifted out of value :)