PDA

View Full Version : Warm weather is driving me nuts...

GR8 Ride
01-29-2002, 12:04 PM
Darn this warm weather anyway. At least if it was cold, I wouldn't be tempted to open up the garage and take the car out for a rip or two.

So, thanks to it being 10 degrees yesterday, I took the car out for a spin last night. Forgot what it's like to actually drive a car again, as opposed to my truck.

Nice and loud, burned off a little of my winter beater rubber (I keep a set of wheels / tires just so they don't flat-spot in the garage over the winter), and a full tank of fuel.

Good little run on the highway, and some guy in a Type-R trying to follow me down city streets. I must have had 3 or 4 cars trying to pull up for a race. I generally skip the street racing scene, since I don't have massive confidence in my winter beater tires, as they have little to no grip in the dry, must less in the wet (10 year old hardened rubber....).

But, it certainly felt good to have the car out....I'm sure if I took it to work today I could have just about guaranteed snow this week in Toronto....

Sigh....6 weeks until the first track day....

Pat

Phantom
01-29-2002, 05:11 PM
No snow in the forecasts for a while. Fine by me. Didn't even bother covering up the old girl this year. And yes, it will snow in AUGUST when everyone's at Wasaga..............:)

djbeemer
01-29-2002, 07:45 PM
weather has gone crazy it was 20'C here today!

rico328i
01-29-2002, 08:01 PM
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with the......please let it snow!!!! I could use about 30cm of the white stuff!! For you guys who are enjoying this warm weather. Don't you all love to drive in the snow. Tons of fun. Sorry for the rest who've stored their babies away.

Rico

Bliss
01-29-2002, 08:02 PM
I don't mind it one bit. I got to take out my car and actually drive the thing. :P

AzN_E46
01-29-2002, 09:49 PM
nah.....even tho i like a break from cold weather, i would like snow so i can skip skool*angel* *par-t*

Mr seville
01-30-2002, 10:50 AM
I would love to skip school considering the school is about 250feet away and is not suppose to close SURE. In my school if there is 15cm of snow or more its by the students considered a snow-day! and that is why i love my school!!!*love*