PDA

View Full Version : Brakes make noise at high speeds.

SickFinga
11-27-2002, 06:17 PM
When I drive pretty fast or just brake pretty heavy, my brakes or even whole car make a deep sound like I''m raping the matal and it screaming, I dunno how to explain it, but I hope you know what I am talking about. What o you think is the problem? Brake pads are gone? (light is not on though) Rotors bent? gone??

bart320i
11-27-2002, 07:39 PM
your pads are probably gone. If this has been happening for a while now I suggest you get you rotors checked out.

SickFinga
11-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by bart320i
your pads are probably gone. If this has been happening for a while now I suggest you get you rotors checked out.

for about a week now, but on street speeds and regulard braking everything is ok

M50E30
11-28-2002, 01:27 AM
Vlad,

Bring it into Charlie (Bimmersport). Sounds like you could have broke a pad or could just need adjusting. Just don't wait!

Good luck,
Dave

SickFinga
11-28-2002, 02:31 AM
Incase my pads are gone, which one should i get? Brakedust :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WASABI
11-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
Incase my pads are gone, which one should i get? Brakedust :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been running PBR Metal Masters, pretty good in terms of no brake dust and stopping, but it is pretty harsh on the rotors. I also tried the PBR Deluxe pads, they are very gentle on the rotors but not as good stopping power.

maverick
11-29-2002, 11:33 AM
If your pads and your rotors seem ok then it caused by the brake pad vibrating quickly and the metal backing on the pad is rubbing against the caliper creating the sqealing kind of like grass hopper rubbing its legs together making noises. there are sprays to help it. or if you want to do it the right way redline makes a high temp grease that is applied to the BACK obviously not the front of the pad and it will kill the squealing