PDA

View Full Version : Good Shops in Ottawa?

Spennie
10-09-2006, 11:02 AM
My E36 needs some front end suspension work and rear coil springs etc. :(

I already have the tie-rod assemblies, but the rest i need to get. Any good parts stores? Where's best to get them installed? I need a good Bimmer shop because I haven't been impressed with Otto's (They're a dealer that charges fairly reasonably, but they always go way over quote) and Younge Street Garage hasn't impressed me either.

Any suggestions? Anybody wanna help me put the tierods etc. on? lol

bmdoubleya
10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Duss brother have you talked to them...? or there's a guy about 30km's from ottawa who does great work for under $70 a hour.

Spennie
10-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Duss Brothers does good work? I'll call them tomorrow :D

Nascar318is
10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Kerry Burke in Buckinghm 30 min from Ottawa does gret work as well, I have no clue wht his rates are though...

Check the BMWCC Ottawa site for more garages
http://bmwccottawa.org/bmwccottawa/resources/resources.html

Bob Loblaw
10-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Kerry Burke's shop worked on my car. They did a very good job for a reasonable price.

The Sly
10-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey guys ..I think Kerry charges $60.00 which is pretty good.

oldskool3
10-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Sly's garage and euro imports. ;) ;) ;)

Sly the PO finally got the registration and it is on it's way to Ottawa so if i can scrounge up a safety the car will be moved by the weekend. I also finally picked up your injector seals.

Sorry for going off topic but a very good parts store is BBW in Alymer there number is 819 777-6066. Duss brothers is really good but is usually pretty pricey and I have only heard good things about Kerry but he is 30 min outside of Ottawa in Buckingham like Tony said.

The Sly
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Sly's garage and euro imports. ;) ;) ;)

He He ..WE do anytihng ..from engine swap to Turbo and Supercharger setup to
Body & paint work...anything is the word ..Ask around ...The price is right.

Sly the PO finally got the registration and it is on it's way to Ottawa so if i can scrounge up a safety the car will be moved by the weekend. I also finally picked up your injector seals.

Sorry for going off topic but a very good parts store is BBW in Alymer there number is 819 777-6066. Duss brothers is really good but is usually pretty pricey and I have only heard good things about Kerry but he is 30 min outside of Ottawa in Buckingham like Tony said.

The Sly
10-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh i forgot we also specialize in Engine stroker, to head mods to Nitrous...:)

Bob Loblaw
10-10-2006, 11:49 PM
ONLY on E30's though, Sly. :P Well, maybe an E34 once in a while...

jeffrie
10-11-2006, 02:57 AM
Hey guys ..I think Kerry charges $60.00 which is pretty good.

Yes......
He knows his stuff very well but is a little too smart IMO to go in hand with good prices. He knows he's good.
He's also completely person dependent, if he likes you good prices, if not he rapes you.
I learnt to fix my own cars for a reason but he'll still always help you when your stuck (often my best prices then) so it's hard to say anything bad about the guy.
Only a few of his minions are good but he'll fix their mistakes garenteed. And if he's fixing your ride theirs never any mistakes.

Spennie
10-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info guys :)

I'm going to call around and get some prices... I can't imagine it being more than 2 or 3 hours of work providing everything goes ok. I don't know if it's worth it going all the way to Buckingham! :confused:

We'll see what happens though, thanks again :)