View Full Version : HELP!!! My clutch is screwed up? Charlie.... need some help!

Daydream M3
11-27-2002, 02:49 AM
Hi guys,
there is something wrong with my clutch. The clutch pedal when depressed all the way doesnt release the clutch and I cannot get my car in gear. The clutch pedal progressively got softer and softer until it didnt have any significance and thats where I could not get the car in gear. I had an M3 clutch installed along with flywheel and new bearings and all........WHAT COULD BE WRONG?
Any info would be great. Thanks

Charlie....hope you can input on this one.

11-27-2002, 03:22 AM
Maybe one of the clutch cylinders is leaky,or air in the system did you bleed it after installing the clutch?

Daydream M3
11-27-2002, 03:36 AM
yah... i was thinking it was the slave cylinder since my mechanic didnt bleed it at install(Thats my guess anyways).

11-27-2002, 03:19 PM
I would say a cyl for sure sound slike what was happening to me but I got mine replace before ur situation happend

11-27-2002, 04:26 PM
that did happen to me too, a couple of times. I had to pull the pedal up by hand. My resivior wasn't too low but it was down a bit I filled it with Valvoline synthetic brake fluid I haven't really had a problem with it since. Good luck

11-27-2002, 04:41 PM
How does the pedal feel? Is there resistence and does it return to the upright position?