PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! My clutch is screwed up? Charlie.... need some help!

Daydream M3
11-27-2002, 02:49 AM
Hi guys,
there is something wrong with my clutch. The clutch pedal when depressed all the way doesnt release the clutch and I cannot get my car in gear. The clutch pedal progressively got softer and softer until it didnt have any significance and thats where I could not get the car in gear. I had an M3 clutch installed along with flywheel and new bearings and all........WHAT COULD BE WRONG?
Any info would be great. Thanks

Charlie....hope you can input on this one.

Jeroen
11-27-2002, 03:22 AM
Maybe one of the clutch cylinders is leaky,or air in the system did you bleed it after installing the clutch?

Daydream M3
11-27-2002, 03:36 AM
yah... i was thinking it was the slave cylinder since my mechanic didnt bleed it at install(Thats my guess anyways).

BMW BMXer
11-27-2002, 03:19 PM
I would say a cyl for sure sound slike what was happening to me but I got mine replace before ur situation happend

maverick
11-27-2002, 04:26 PM
that did happen to me too, a couple of times. I had to pull the pedal up by hand. My resivior wasn't too low but it was down a bit I filled it with Valvoline synthetic brake fluid I haven't really had a problem with it since. Good luck

NickP
11-27-2002, 04:41 PM
How does the pedal feel? Is there resistence and does it return to the upright position?