PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy angel eyes?


Manimillion
11-27-2002, 12:21 AM
Hey, I'm lookin for e36 angel eyes, prefarbly (spell check?) the whole housing, I forgot what the company is called but this place in Germany MGW or soemthing their logo was a tiger had the whole housin in 1 piece with the angel eyes allreaddy in so u don't have to open up your old lights ... but then again I live in Ottawa and where is the best place to order one? any websites and prices?

Kip
11-27-2002, 04:57 AM
There was a GB in Teutonic.ca for DDEs.. and I think Bimmian is selling DAEs.. both have Angel eyes for E36s.. both kits have had good and bad comments.. imo, it's about the same. But DDEs are cheaper. *th-up*

mkgino
11-27-2002, 05:27 AM
I think you might be looking for Inpro with the angel eyes built into the headlights Go to dtmpower or bimmerforums and ask there, either way you will probably be getting something from the states.

Gamite
11-27-2002, 05:52 AM
Maybe you should ask what people thing about the InPro's before you get them, I know a lot of members arent pleased with them.

djcontra
11-27-2002, 09:35 AM
www.evolution-racing.com

they sell them here locally in toronto

Jon@Bimmersport
11-27-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
Maybe you should ask what people thing about the InPro's before you get them, I know a lot of members arent pleased with them.

sickfinga especially.

Gamite
11-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover


sickfinga especially.


Where is Vlad? He should'a comented on this by now..

umnitza
11-27-2002, 07:17 PM
I'll comment instead:)

The DAE will NOT WORK ON AN E36.

They are designed to ONLY work on an E46 (they only come with clips).

The DDE product has variations in the design and can fit most any BMW.

Bimmian sells only the DAE - you will buy that and it will not work.

I have also heard that for the money the InPro's are "ok" but if you want the highest quality - you buy ZKWs with DDEs (there is a group buy in bimmerforums.com right now.

SickFinga
11-27-2002, 07:54 PM
ok here is one more angel eyes thread, I should be sued by InPro already :D

Well DO NOT BUY InPro. they are melting from the regular bulbs and they are sweating(condensation) sometimes.

Also I don't think Demon Eyes really worth the money. Demon eyes is the final touch, not something ou start with. Trust me on this one.

umnitza
11-27-2002, 07:59 PM
SickFinga - what proof do you have on your allegations on InPro - those are pretty serious and while I'm competing directly against the InPro's (which I consider inferior in quality), I don't know if you have the necessary facts to back things up (as much as I'd love to know that what you say is true):)

SickFinga
11-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Well I got them on my car and I'm not pleased with the,

Gamite
11-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
Well I got them on my car and I'm not pleased with the,

Good enough reason for me! :D Plus I've seen them, or rather, not seen them in the daylight.

Manimillion
11-27-2002, 09:59 PM
thanks for all the feedback, I'll be contacting evolution racing, it seems they've got alot of stuff for euro cars and the upside is its located in toronto...

KIRASIR
11-28-2002, 02:25 AM
Ah, Vlad just stop it.

The Inpro's are damn fine for the price. Yes the quality isn't the best but they work, and function very well. FIY ALL of the euro lights fog up not only inpro's. If you want to stop the fog, just take off the rear caps. Mine haven't foged up in months.

SL

SickFinga
11-28-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
Ah, Vlad just stop it.

The Inpro's are damn fine for the price. Yes the quality isn't the best but they work, and function very well. FIY ALL of the euro lights fog up not only inpro's. If you want to stop the fog, just take off the rear caps. Mine haven't foged up in months.

SL


Why would I remove it? It is there for a purpose. OK all euros are fogging up, but I don't think lens melts from the regular bulbs.

umnitza
11-28-2002, 02:31 AM
not true - the ZKWs do not fog up.
My wife's 7 series lights - identical in composition to the Euro E36 lights don't fog up.

Are you saying all InPro lights fog up?

SickFinga
11-28-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by umnitza
not true - the ZKWs do not fog up.
My wife's 7 series lights - identical in composition to the Euro E36 lights don't fog up.

Are you saying all InPro lights fog up?

I dunno if all, but mine sometimes do, especially if humidity was high outside.

KIRASIR
11-28-2002, 02:34 AM
Well, let's see.

I've had mine in the car about 1-2 weeks longer than you. Since then I put about 25000-30000km. Also whenever I drive I always turn the lights on. Both of my ellipsoids are fine; no signs of melting. I ran regular 55watt bulbs.

Didn't you used to have high wattage bulbs in yours? Or the fake "xenon" bulbs?

Serge



Originally posted by SickFinga



Why would I remove it? It is there for a purpose. OK all euros are fogging up, but I don't think lens melts from the regular bulbs.

umnitza
11-28-2002, 02:38 AM
high wattage 100W does not melt the ZKWs.

SickFinga
11-28-2002, 02:39 AM
Well I always turn on my lights too, and I had blue H1 which are the same voltage as a regular h1. (55w)
Maybe yours doesn't melt because they are open so the run cooler, mine are close (hot it is suppose to be) and they are melting.

KIRASIR
11-28-2002, 03:08 AM
Perhaps, although I did run them closed up for 2-3 months.

Anyway, to sum this all up: I am happy with them. However, I do agree that paying more than 20 bucks for Angel/Demon Eyes is a waste of money.

Serge

Originally posted by SickFinga
Well I always turn on my lights too, and I had blue H1 which are the same voltage as a regular h1. (55w)
Maybe yours doesn't melt because they are open so the run cooler, mine are close (hot it is suppose to be) and they are melting.

umnitza
11-28-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
...paying more than 20 bucks for Angel/Demon Eyes is a waste of money.
from my perspective - why do people get body kits? why get a spoiler or wing? why get eyelids?

It's an appearance mod that is quite intriguing to most of the people that purchase it.

mkgino
11-28-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by umnitza

from my perspective - why do people get body kits? why get a spoiler or wing? why get eyelids?

It's an appearance mod that is quite intriguing to most of the people that purchase it.

Actually I like to use this analogy, why Kirasir, would you buy a bmw? I mean you can get a car that gets you to point B that costs a lot less than your BMW does, but you bought a BMW because probably for you it looks better, performs better, and is a better build quality than a honda for example. Now same thing with the angel eyes, you can spend a lot less on inpros that get the job done, or you can get zkw's and DDE's for more money and because they look better (ie are brighter) perform better and are a better build quality than the Inpros, just like your bmw is better (for more money) than a honda. So in other words, you bought the honda of angel eyes when you got your inpros*th-up*

Manimillion
11-28-2002, 04:20 AM
Can u tell which ones they are by just lookin at a picture?

These are not inpro's are they? Because some people said the zkw and the dde's are brighter... I don't like the ones that light up white or any other personaly, I think it looks rice, but I just love how these look, its my friends car I can ask him what they are but I'd have to call long distance :p

umnitza
11-28-2002, 04:51 AM
those are inpros.

KIRASIR
11-28-2002, 11:08 AM
Mkgino, you are missing the point.

I bought Inpro's because I wanted to get ellopsoids. Angel eyes came as a bonus. Perhaps ZKW light have a better build quality but from a "performace" perspective Inpro's lit up the road just as fine as ZKW's. The rings in my opinion are a waste of money. Some people like them, some don't. Yes they look cool but that's just that. Don't forget that one year ago when Inpro's came out Jim P's rings where just as bright as Inpro ones and together with ZKW lights were about 600+ USD. This package offered no more "performace" than Inpro's that were only about $375US. Your analogy does not really apply here since you have to compare apples and apples, and not apples and oranges. Go back one year and then make a comparison. Can you justify spending $200+US for build quality for a set of lights with rings? I cannot.

SL

Originally posted by mkgino


Actually I like to use this analogy, why Kirasir, would you buy a bmw? I mean you can get a car that gets you to point B that costs a lot less than your BMW does, but you bought a BMW because probably for you it looks better, performs better, and is a better build quality than a honda for example. Now same thing with the angel eyes, you can spend a lot less on inpros that get the job done, or you can get zkw's and DDE's for more money and because they look better (ie are brighter) perform better and are a better build quality than the Inpros, just like your bmw is better (for more money) than a honda. So in other words, you bought the honda of angel eyes when you got your inpros*th-up*