PDA

View Full Version : Subaru AWD

trev0006
10-03-2006, 04:25 AM
Subaru AWD (http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/10-03-06page-Subaru-AWD.htm)

NOTORIOUS VR
10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
anyone ever notice how there wasn't 1 Audi in that vid? and how when Audi hows their AWD tests, there's no Subaru's in their tests? lol

SickFinga
10-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Quattro is too overhyped anyway.
And that video is full of shit anyway. That Volvo was spun out out of control on purpose.

Just because Audi won an WRC back in 80ties doesnt mean they got the best AWD, same can be said about WRX. Its all WRX hype.
Look at Peugeot right now, owning eveything, and they dont even make AWD cars.

P.S. BTW a buch on magazine did Quattro vs X-Drive and X-drive won in every one of them.

P.P.S. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9072883197544018466 :D

AMG_POWER
10-03-2006, 10:13 PM
4matic owns you [runs away]

NOTORIOUS VR
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Quattro is too overhyped anyway.
And that video is full of shit anyway. That Volvo was spun out out of control on purpose.

Just because Audi won an WRC back in 80ties doesnt mean they got the best AWD, same can be said about WRX. Its all WRX hype.
Look at Peugeot right now, owning eveything, and they dont even make AWD cars.

P.S. BTW a buch on magazine did Quattro vs X-Drive and X-drive won in every one of them.

P.P.S. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9072883197544018466 :D

There are a lot of AWD tests out there, an ALL with different outcomes...

Audi's AWD system is one of the best out there... It's a proven system, and that goes for the Subaru's too...

X-drive and MB's 4-matic systems, might be good in certain situations, but I'd rather leave it to mechanical systems. Unless of course we're talking about the Mitsu EVO's...

Regardless...

here's a video for u:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9171485126892796503&q=quattro+vs

AceOfSpades
10-03-2006, 11:15 PM
it kinda look fake to me...i dunno why tho?!?!

europrince
10-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Subarus, especially the WRX, look like butt ugly ricers. Too bad most ricer buyers can't afford them. I'd rather have a german vehicle without the 4wd.

SickFinga
10-04-2006, 05:24 AM
There are a lot of AWD tests out there, an ALL with different outcomes...

Audi's AWD system is one of the best out there... It's a proven system, and that goes for the Subaru's too...

X-drive and MB's 4-matic systems, might be good in certain situations, but I'd rather leave it to mechanical systems. Unless of course we're talking about the Mitsu EVO's...

Regardless...

here's a video for u:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9171485126892796503&q=quattro+vs

Ive seen that video and it looks like BS to me. Let me explain why.

Look at when 3 series goes. It gets stuck pretty much right away. And when it gets stuck all 4 wheels are spinning. That means that 4wd is working but tires cant grip.

Now X5 which has the identical 4wd. Considering it is much heavier than 3series it should've got stuck even earlier in the game. Also notice how much faster it goes off the line.

Now Lexus. Here you can cleraly see that their AWD doesnt work. When it gets stuck only rear wheels are spinning.

Volvo has the same result as Vovlo, all 4 wheels spining.

Now Nissan Patrol is complete bullshit. He just slows down and brakes even before it digs into the snow.

Now Audi, looks how much quicker it goes off the line, it is practically flying on the first bump. Then it practically stops and then you see a different camera angle and its in the middle of the hill now, flying up like crazy.

If you ask me, it looks like BS to me.

SpoolinS6
10-04-2006, 06:12 AM
audi or go home....

Blades
10-04-2006, 07:02 AM
all those tests kinda look bs to me. I noticed they never go at the same speeds and who really knows what tires they used (the same or not).

Axxe
10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Bullshit tests, all of them.

NOTORIOUS VR
10-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Well that's your oppinion, but like I said.. they're all bias tests...

as for the 3 series... you can see before it goes up the hill, the camer is point at the front tire it has brand new snow tires on it..

Besides... why would NTV (a German all news station) be bias towards Audi only? BMW is also a German made car.

If anything it's the least bias test.

The X5 has different options when it comes to the locking of the diffs I believe... on top of that it has more ground clearance.

I don't know what video you were watching, but you can clearly see the Lexus's AWD is working.

The Nissan Patrol didn't have enough HP to make it up the hill (that's what they were saying.. it was just to oheavy and with the Turbo Diesel it didn't have enough power to keep the momentum).

As for the Audi... big deal.. they used different camera angles... but never once did it even come close to stopping.

They also said the Audi had the most HP and Torque out of all cars there (2.7T)

Ive seen that video and it looks like BS to me. Let me explain why.

Look at when 3 series goes. It gets stuck pretty much right away. And when it gets stuck all 4 wheels are spinning. That means that 4wd is working but tires cant grip.

Now X5 which has the identical 4wd. Considering it is much heavier than 3series it should've got stuck even earlier in the game. Also notice how much faster it goes off the line.

Now Lexus. Here you can cleraly see that their AWD doesnt work. When it gets stuck only rear wheels are spinning.

Volvo has the same result as Vovlo, all 4 wheels spining.

Now Nissan Patrol is complete bullshit. He just slows down and brakes even before it digs into the snow.

Now Audi, looks how much quicker it goes off the line, it is practically flying on the first bump. Then it practically stops and then you see a different camera angle and its in the middle of the hill now, flying up like crazy.

If you ask me, it looks like BS to me.