PDA

View Full Version : My M3

Spartiatis
11-26-2002, 02:34 AM
What should I do with my M3. I am so pissed at it. It runs shitty. I

put $10 in gas, I drive 30km then I put more gas in. Sometimes I

will rev it and then the revs stay at 1500rpm for a little bit. After a

minute, they will come back down. I am so PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!

Should I sell it and my 325is and get a newer beemz or should I

keep it?

The thing is, I really like it for some reason even though it runs

like shit.

Spartiatis
11-26-2002, 02:36 AM
Here is a pic

Jeroen
11-26-2002, 03:08 AM
If you didn't try already, you can post your question about the shitty running engine here maybe someone here can help you out,just an idea
:)

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e30m3/

tlaselva
11-26-2002, 09:16 AM
It's inevitable that you’re going to have to spend some money on it on maintenance. Something you should have been aware of when you bought a 12+ year-old BMW.
Take it to a reputable BMW shop; I'm sure they could properly diagnose the issue for you.
If you can't afford to do that, then get rid of it. That's not a car you should own if you’re on a budget.

Hate to see you get rid of it though.......
One of the nicest E30 M3's I've seen. *th-up*

FastM3
11-26-2002, 09:56 AM
it looks really good and it's unfortunate that it runs bad...if i were you i would find a mechanic that you know good and can give you a good price, fix it up so it runs a little better and sell that, cause i'm sure you can get a pretty good price for it...then sell your 325i like you said and buy a new bmw...your lucky you have 2 that way you can buy one nice new one....

djcontra
11-26-2002, 10:09 AM
never give up!
I always feel the same way when things start breaking on my car, but honestly, once I figure out what the problem is and get it fixed, i end up loving the car all over again!
Get that baby's problems fixed and you'll feel much better after. If things keep on breaking after that, then sell it, it will probably happen more and more, and will just cause you more headaches :(

i'd hate to see the car sold though, it's such a nice looking e30m3!
but then again, if you sold both of your cars you COULD get a newer bmw which might give you less problems...but also less performance =/

swisherchico
11-26-2002, 12:43 PM
If you do end up selling it, put it on ebay. With pictures like the ones you've posted. That car would get a lot of money. But personally I would keep it. I've always wanted to own a E30 M3.

ROB89M3
11-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Spartiatis,
did you take it to Bavarian Motors yet???

The problem could be something small. Get it sorted out now. Don't get too discouraged about it.
If you are on a budget,then get rid of the car. The car will require a heck of a lot more money in the future. These cars require a water pump every 2 years. Valve adjustment every 20,000kms. Timing chain every 160,000 kms.
If the engine ever goes (and alot of them are starting to give up),say goodbye to your M3 cuz it's very expensive to rebuild !
I'm not trying to scare you,just telling you what I know.
Basic maintenance will lead you to the poor house quickly. If you can afford it,then keep it.They are reliable cars *IF* you maintain it properly. Preventative maintanance is Crucial for these cars !

What I recommend you to do is sell your 325is,get some money for that and start saving for the M3. Sell your wheels as well and put some stock 15" on for now. Also sell teh stereo system (if you want).Get the car thoroughly checked out and make a list of stuff that the car needs. Add up the numbers and see where you stand. If it's too much $$$,then sell the car.

The decision is ultimatly yours

tlaselva
11-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Spartiatis,
did you take it to Bavarian Motors yet???

The problem could be something small. Get it sorted out now. Don't get too discouraged about it.
If you are on a budget,then get rid of the car. The car will require a heck of a lot more money in the future. These cars require a water pump every 2 years. Valve adjustment every 20,000kms. Timing chain every 160,000 kms.
If the engine ever goes (and alot of them are starting to give up),say goodbye to your M3 cuz it's very expensive to rebuild !
I'm not trying to scare you,just telling you what I know.
Basic maintenance will lead you to the poor house quickly. If you can afford it,then keep it.They are reliable cars *IF* you maintain it properly. Preventative maintanance is Crucial for these cars !

What I recommend you to do is sell your 325is,get some money for that and start saving for the M3. Sell your wheels as well and put some stock 15" on for now. Also sell teh stereo system (if you want).Get the car thoroughly checked out and make a list of stuff that the car needs. Add up the numbers and see where you stand. If it's too much $$$,then sell the car.

The decision is ultimatly yours

Good advice from someone who should know. *th-up*

Lil'Smoothie
11-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Lee if you want get my dad to look at it again. Those cars are generally just horrible on gas to begin with. As for reliability, ours has been awesome. We've had if for a year and a half and had no real big problems, other than a new waterpump (wasnt expensive), power steering belt and alternator and our M3 has well over 200k. In fact the M3 has needed less work than my 325is and I havent even had that for a year yet

bmwm5lover
11-26-2002, 09:40 PM
my 533is had an engine rebuild, and looking at the parts$$, it comes of short of 3000 for parts, and i assume, 12oo for labour.....so its pretty expensice, wanna trade, mine ha been rebuild, and runs like a dream?? u give me urs as is?

Euro_E30
11-26-2002, 10:11 PM
HOW MUCH U WANT FOR IT!!!!!