PDA

View Full Version : Raced my friends OZ lancer tonight...

Pedro91'318i
11-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Is it me or are they over-hyped? the first night he got it, it was raining so we didnt race then, but tonight was a good night and it was on.:D He told me he wanted to race my slow ass car. I dont brag about my car because its a 318i(4-banger). But im sorry you dont just put down my car like that*no-no* so i just grinned and said "sure lets race you'll probably win." Yeah i was a lil upset :mad: <- thats exactly how i felt too. anyways so we line up i have a sh!tty launch and i miss second gear (yeah i suck:D) and look over and hes a car length behind me and we just started!*mw* i raced till about 50 in 3rd gear and put it in neutral and just coasted till the next light. I just looked at him and shock my head :moon: <-thats for him To me OZ's are over-rated but Evo's well thats another story.

M50E30
11-25-2002, 08:58 PM
I don't think there is a perfomance gain with the OZ package Lancers (I could be wrong but to lazy to check). Those Lancers are...well...SHIT! 120hp FWD! LOL!

All I have to say is the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (175hp) is one of the best compact cars for your dollar.

Slowered318
11-25-2002, 11:19 PM
HAHAHa gotta got Lancer hunting this spring

E30 Stu
12-23-2002, 09:47 PM
I am extremely disappointed at Mitsubishi's attempt to bring the Lancer to the U.S. That has got to be a kick in the balls for marketing.

Come on...120hp, SINGLE CAM, 8v, FWD is supposed to represent the widebody, 320+hp, twin cam 16v turbo that'll rape E46 M3's?

We stayed door to door with a new "Lancer" in my buddies '84 318....I would hope an M42 car would eat one alive.

Bavarian-E30
01-07-2003, 10:06 PM
when the new lancer came out, i was expecting at least some kick to it. but they couldnt even do that.i was disapointed. Im so glad that the EVO is so close to american shores. I read a review on it in this months motortrend. and its about time:P

PrinceE30
01-08-2003, 01:52 AM
320+hp, twin cam 16v turbo that'll rape E46 M3's

if memory serves me right, i recall a video (an F1 vs 6-speed) of the M3, the Modena 360, and the Lanver EVO VII. And the Evos finished 2nd and 3rd to last (one of the M3s spun out and got in last). The other M3 beat one of the Modenas.

Sure, it has a lot do to with driver...but RAPE? Not from what I've seen on a track.

Soldo
01-08-2003, 03:01 AM
well, keep in mind, if in fact his car is BRAND SPANKIN NEW, it will be a bit weaker, since it isn't brokin in,(unless he drove 3000kn in two days) race again in a few months and see what happens, he might keep up then!!

Pedro91'318i
01-21-2003, 02:00 AM
i never took into consideration the fact that it wasnt broken in. thats ok we'll race again when its warm and ill spank him again. i have no engine mods just appearance mods, so i like beating him:D
i cant wait till the evo 8's get here, factory intercooler. ahh that'd be nice to drive*mw*

Soldo
01-21-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Pedro91'318i
i never took into consideration the fact that it wasnt broken in. thats ok we'll race again when its warm and ill spank him again. i have no engine mods just appearance mods, so i like beating him:D
i cant wait till the evo 8's get here, factory intercooler. ahh that'd be nice to drive*mw* ]
don't worry, i think, broken in or NOT, you'll still RAPE his jap ass!!!
*th-up* *th-up*