PDA

View Full Version : E36 ruined? What do you think?

swisherchico
11-25-2002, 09:30 PM
I don't mean to offend the owner of this car, if he is a member of this website, but I don't like the looks of this car. The paint seems to dull for that kind of car. (and no, it is not a primer, that is the color he chose). And the fender flares seem too large, they might look beter he found some wheels to fill that space.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873187753&category=6007

Mr seville
11-25-2002, 09:48 PM
are you kidding?!?!?! what a car just needs some lights and another spoiler*th-up*

swisherchico
11-25-2002, 09:51 PM
I just noticed that he claimed his car to have 12 cylinders.....hmmmm I doubt he has the 5.0 v12 in there

SickFinga
11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
HOLY SHIT i wanted that kit on my car, but what kind of rims do I need for it???????!!!!!!!! 18x11 are not wide enough.

Spoiler actually fits the widebody. But it needs different rims. Those MK's are smaaaaaaaal.

I wonder what kind of rims on this PTG SEDAN

http://forum.dtmpower.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=412062

SpudBoy
11-25-2002, 10:27 PM
ebay car looks obviously photoshopped to me but what do i know about flares.

GR8 Ride
11-25-2002, 11:16 PM
I'd highly doubt the guy selling the car has any idea of what's actually in it.

For one, the V12 doesn't fit into the E36 chassis without some major hacking....doubtful a guy would be selling that car on EBay for $11,000 US. The conversion (if possible) would likely have pushed the price well into 6 figures alone.

Secondly, he's running mis-matched rims front and rear...looks terrible.

No wonder he's not going to get anywhere near his asking price for that one...

Pat

swisherchico
11-25-2002, 11:43 PM
Sickfinga, its not really the width of the tire that makes the difference. Its the offset of the rim. 8x11's would work, you just need an offset that would make your wheel stick out more to fill up that space. And part of the trouble is finding a wheel that has such a deep dish as the one in your picture, if you do find one, expect to pay a lot for it.

SickFinga
11-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by swisherchico
Sickfinga, its not really the width of the tire that makes the difference. Its the offset of the rim. 8x11's would work, you just need an offset that would make your wheel stick out more to fill up that space. And part of the trouble is finding a wheel that has such a deep dish as the one in your picture, if you do find one, expect to pay a lot for it.

damn you are right!!! *th-up* *th-up*

true, but it does look sick!!

djcontra
11-26-2002, 11:13 AM
i absolutely love that kit! especially the rennsport black one here in toronto. That guy just needs to get some huge spacers to correct the offset like the guys used on the black one. Of course, i wouldn't track it after that though lol

Gamite
11-26-2002, 01:01 PM
I dunno, there's something odd about that car, somethign just makes it look WRONG..

maverick
11-26-2002, 01:04 PM
who's prelude??? lol
sorry I think it looks horrible*thmbsdwn*

Pedro91'318i
11-26-2002, 02:29 PM
The place where this e36 is being sold is my home town, theres where i grew up. Ill call my grandma cuz my uncles have lots of friends there and they probably know who it is.

qwk325
11-26-2002, 06:21 PM
not for anything but i think it looks heap !!!!! that wing in the back reminds me of a shopping cart at fortinos , and i think he full of it with a v12 in it , it has to be phtoshopped
just my 0.02 $ no offence to those who like the kit :puke:

Shotta
11-26-2002, 09:24 PM
i think the kit was installed wrong, the gap between the tire and the fender is massive and the gap between the bottom of the car and the ground isnt that big, so if he slams it a couple inches hes still gonna have a nice gap in the wheel well

jeremy
11-26-2002, 09:29 PM
it does look alittle fishy, like gamite said...i think with some work you could turn it into a nice lookin' ride (wheelss.spacers,lights,etc etc ) ...he says it has a v12 in it....wouldnt that be the first picture you put up if you were selling the car ????the v12 is its BEST feature and probaly best selling point !!!

thinair
11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
.....maybe it's stolen and the guy who stole it doesn't know bmw's well.

swisherchico
11-26-2002, 11:45 PM
Thinair,

you car looks sweet in your sig. Thats the first time I've seen it. Good job*th-up*

thinair
11-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by swisherchico
Thinair,

you car looks sweet in your sig. Thats the first time I've seen it. Good job*th-up*

Thanks, but I'll have to credit the previous owner for all the beauty work (thanks Mike*wave* )

Bob bimmer
12-01-2002, 07:59 PM
That Bimmer is pretty sick I think it is absolutley gorgeous, not dull at all it goes great with the car. Thoes flares match the car great as well, that guy has a unique taste that actually turns out nice in my opinion.