PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Munich right now. (BMW HQ city)

SpikedLemon
11-25-2002, 06:45 AM
I'm in Germany for the next two weeks. Is there anything around Munich that's any good?

Does anyone have stats on the BMW 316? We have one for a rental while we're down here, it's a nice car but no cup holders. Wish they'd bring the smaller BMWs back here - and make them look like the E30 M3s (not gonna happen).

I've already seen the BMW museum, it was a huge dissapointment, but atleast the admission wasn't much.

bmwm5lover
11-25-2002, 09:48 AM
why was the museuma huge dissappointment, ive heard and read that its very good!

Jon@Bimmersport
11-25-2002, 11:32 PM
hope you take pics for us! also i havent seen u post in a long time!

SpikedLemon
11-26-2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
why was the museuma huge dissappointment, ive heard and read that its very good!

The most recent thing (other than a relatively new red M3) was from 1994. They had a slick M1, a few old BMW cars and some old BMW bikes (maybe the newest was 1990). I think 3 or 4 prototypes that I didn't get off the floor.

Maybe if we had more time here, or knew about it beforehand that I could have gone on the factory tour - but the museum I didn't think was what I had hoped.

Sorry, no pics - I forgot my camera in Canada. I've been trying to find some cheap photo shop to get a camera but I'm actually staying in a little town outside because of work. I think the other guy has some pics - I'll get a copy from him.

Jesse
11-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Check the BMW HQ, really neat place, four large cylinders in a oval cup type thing. It's a big place.

I took lots of pics when I was in Munich ;)

Jesse