PDA

View Full Version : Help make my 2006 330i faster...

squijello
09-22-2006, 08:43 PM
ok guys, this is my problem... one, i have an auto-transmission, and two, for some reason BMW can't explain my car seems to hesitate when i floor it off the line... i want to make the car faster and also get rid of this hesitation, can i reprogram the computer to make it more aggressive without modifiying anything else? also where, i live in thornhill, thanks in advance!

propr'one
09-23-2006, 05:38 AM
Pm MarkD, he's definatly going to be interested in making a chip for the e90 if he hasen't done so already.

Cold air intake/exhaust are generally a good idea. Don't know anything about these cars specifically.

rodo
09-23-2006, 09:21 AM
the hesitation you talk about off the line when you punch it sounds like it is the traction control cutting power to reduce wheel spin

squijello
09-23-2006, 07:49 PM
yeah, i figured it was traction, its just that the traction light doesnt come on... the car just waits a fraction of a second before it goes... turning of the traction control does help a lot... i just want to maximize the cars engine...

///tyron
09-24-2006, 02:07 PM
that hesitation is with most automatics. thats why if you had the exact same car with a stnd. transmission it would always be faster. how come u never jus got a manual transmission in the first place?

M3ti Compact
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I think it's the drive by wire system...

The rumor is that the initial jolt of opening the throttle causes the A/F mixture to screw up, causing fuel inefficiency and emissions...the drive by wire system prevents that by smoothing the throttle opening (and closing), and it feels as if the car is hesitating.