PDA

View Full Version : BOVs/CBVs/DVs feedbacks?

TheMadChigga
09-07-2006, 04:15 AM
whatever the heck you wanna call 'em, blow off valves, compressor bypass valves, diverter valves.

I had HKS SSQV for a short while, then the piston got seized, don't know how. But here's something about the SSQV

Pros: Beautiful construction, sounds JDM, and looks beautifuly neat as a piece.

Cons: sounds JDM, damn ****ing expensive! and impossible to take apart to fix anything, and not that easy to adjust.

Currently: TurboXS RFL (Really ****ing Loud)

Pros: really ****ing loud, scare people loud, and the sound is actually very nice, not ricey, and easy to adjust if you don't mind getting your hand durty. Cheap.

Cons: due the price, its not an exactly a looker, and the construction leaves something to be improved. And the adjustment is based on the washer, thus not exactly a fine adjustment, one washer can be the difference between too tight and cause lag, or too loose and make ur car stall.

lukeh
09-12-2006, 06:00 PM
The tial sounds like a turkey gobble.

paul
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
The sound of an open wastegate is the shit.

fukenricen
09-13-2006, 05:41 PM
personally myself im not a fan of loud bov's but paul is right the sound of the wastegate dropping some tunes is the best sound and when u add a little bit of flames to the deal u have a wicket night party lol

DriveItSideways
09-16-2006, 02:24 PM
whatever the heck you wanna call 'em, blow off valves, compressor bypass valves, diverter valves.

I had HKS SSQV for a short while, then the piston got seized, don't know how. But here's something about the SSQV

Pros: Beautiful construction, sounds JDM, and looks beautifuly neat as a piece.

Cons: sounds JDM, damn ****ing expensive! and impossible to take apart to fix anything, and not that easy to adjust.

Currently: TurboXS RFL (Really ****ing Loud)

Pros: really ****ing loud, scare people loud, and the sound is actually very nice, not ricey, and easy to adjust if you don't mind getting your hand durty. Cheap.

Cons: due the price, its not an exactly a looker, and the construction leaves something to be improved. And the adjustment is based on the washer, thus not exactly a fine adjustment, one washer can be the difference between too tight and cause lag, or too loose and make ur car stall.

i wanna get the turbo xs for my mr2, where do they sell em?

Autotechnica
09-16-2006, 07:17 PM
I've got a Turbo XS BOV, sounds nice. Adjustment is easy, unscrew and add/remove washers. For my application I didn't find the adjustment fine at all. I had to add or remove 2-3 washers inorder for it to make a noticeable difference. It makes a nice noise anything above 8psi. Anything below there's slight compressor surge. BOV's are old school, recirculate that bitch!

Beware of fake Turbo XS BOV's, lots of them for sale on E-bay.

BTW, the quality of the Turbo XS unit is nice. You sure you don't have a fake one?

BOV sound is a very personal thing. Basically it depends on what turbo you run and how many PSI. Personally, I think the sound of compressor surge from any GT series turbo is better sounding than any BOV.

Bry

DriveItSideways
09-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I've got a Turbo XS BOV, sounds nice. Adjustment is easy, unscrew and add/remove washers. For my application I didn't find the adjustment fine at all. I had to add or remove 2-3 washers inorder for it to make a noticeable difference. It makes a nice noise anything above 8psi. Anything below there's slight compressor surge. BOV's are old school, recirculate that bitch!

Beware of fake Turbo XS BOV's, lots of them for sale on E-bay.

BTW, the quality of the Turbo XS unit is nice. You sure you don't have a fake one?

BOV sound is a very personal thing. Basically it depends on what turbo you run and how many PSI. Personally, I think the sound of compressor surge from any GT series turbo is better sounding than any BOV.

Bry

Hey bry, looks like youre using the same turbo im gonna use.. i had a spare td04 laying around in the shop so i might as well use it... the only question is should i remove the S/C or run a dual set up.

Autotechnica
09-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey bry, looks like youre using the same turbo im gonna use.. i had a spare td04 laying around in the shop so i might as well use it... the only question is should i remove the S/C or run a dual set up.

Sweet, is it a 13G talon turbo? I'm going to be selling my 15G soon when I get my 18T software next month. You had a red MR2 right? I think I remember seeing it at your shop.

Bry

bubsy12
09-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Sweet, is it a 13G talon turbo? I'm going to be selling my 15G soon when I get my 18T software next month. You had a red MR2 right? I think I remember seeing it at your shop.

Bry

13G Talon Turbo?

Eagle Talons and Mitsubishi Eclipse's came stock with cute little 14B and T25 Turbos, never 13Gs (they are even smaller)

Buying a BOV for its sound is RICEY IMO... get it for functionality... I have the TurboXS Type-H, it sounds alright and holds boost well upto 35psi (says TurboXS) but as for build quality its not the greatest... go with a HKS SSQV if you want the best quality BOV around or Tial.

Autotechnica
09-17-2006, 06:50 PM
13G Talon Turbo?

Eagle Talons and Mitsubishi Eclipse's came stock with cute little 14B and T25 Turbos, never 13Gs (they are even smaller)

Buying a BOV for its sound is RICEY IMO... get it for functionality... I have the TurboXS Type-H, it sounds alright and holds boost well upto 35psi (says TurboXS) but as for build quality its not the greatest... go with a HKS SSQV if you want the best quality BOV around or Tial.

Pretty sure you're talking about the later model talons/eclipses. I have no idea what turbo those cars have. However, the older early 90's style had TD04 13g's. Afterall, it is a mitsu turbo.

I don't know too much about talons, but I thought the mid to late 90's models had the Jap spec eclipse 13G and the US spec talons had T-25? No idea, but who cares really. I'm just curious as to what turbo he's using. And 100% sure the 13G's were used on the older talon/eclipses.

I installed a BOV simply for the fact that my old stock CBV was leaking. They tend to do that a lot. BOV's are good for reducing the wear on the turbo and takes the pressue off.

Bry

DriveItSideways
09-28-2006, 01:53 PM
To the best of my knowledge, eagle talons came with a td04 turbo from 1990-1995, mine is a 91 with td04 written on the turbo. I beleive 95+ they came with a td05