PDA

View Full Version : MP3 and Closing Windows

AcidSnow
08-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Just picked up my E90, salesguy told me not to add a cd changer cause you can add an mp3 player which would be better does anyone know where to connect it? and can it be controlled via the centor console/steering wheel?

Also there is a neat function on the remote control which allows you to roll all the windows down if you hold the "unlock" button. Anyone know how to roll the windows back up using the remote??

ctgazer
08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Just picked up my E90, salesguy told me not to add a cd changer cause you can add an mp3 player which would be better does anyone know where to connect it? and can it be controlled via the centor console/steering wheel?

Also there is a neat function on the remote control which allows you to roll all the windows down if you hold the "unlock" button. Anyone know how to roll the windows back up using the remote??

hey..there is an AUX input inside your center console. just get a cord with 2 male ends and ur set to go. u can only control the volume however through this way. they currently have an ipod setup capable of being controlled through the existing steering mounted controls, but it is available only in europe i believe.

you can go search the e90post forum...there will be lots of info there...

Quack
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
just press and hold the lock button, the windows should close, well atleast that's how MB has been doing it for years, I'm noy sure if that feature using RF signals or IR signal, if it requires a IR signal you might need to aim the remote at the car to work.

ctgazer
08-29-2006, 12:40 PM
the windows dont close on their own...supposed to be som kinda safety feature, so you cant strangle people of something....well at least it doesnt work on mine...the only way to close the windows from outside the car is by takin out the key and lockin the door manually. this will fold in the mirrors also if you got premium package.

Mystikal
08-30-2006, 05:38 PM
The windows do not roll up via remote on BMW's in North America, due to fear of someone crushing a baby and sueing. Lawsuit-happy Americans ruined it for us.

Some dealers may be nice enough to reprogram the car to allow the windows and roof to close via remote (I've seen it down south), but don't hold your breath.

Gamite
08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
The windows do not roll up via remote on BMW's in North America, due to fear of someone crushing a baby and sueing. Lawsuit-happy Americans ruined it for us.

Some dealers may be nice enough to reprogram the car to allow the windows and roof to close via remote (I've seen it down south), but don't hold your breath.

really eh? I think I will try this.

Quack
08-31-2006, 10:00 PM

gay, MB has been doing remote closing for many years, to use this feature you must be close to the vehicle because it uses IR signal only, if MB has no problems with it I don't see why BMW doesn't follow

Shark
09-04-2006, 01:50 AM
I have a e46 the only way I could close my windows is to get the i-window module

///Mmm
09-27-2006, 11:55 AM
I have a euro-spec 530ia and i can close and open the windows via the remote

M3ti Compact
09-29-2006, 10:49 AM
The OEM radio should be able to play MP3 disks as well...there is a TSB out on it if yours cant-the dealer will reprogram it under warranty.

XI JR IX
10-04-2006, 12:48 PM
The OEM radio should be able to play MP3 disks as well...there is a TSB out on it if yours cant-the dealer will reprogram it under warranty.

havent posted on here in a long time.. lol.. yea, that's what I use.. MP3 cd's (burned as data discs with .mp3 files on them).. Organize into folders so that you can sort music by whatever.. Really nice feature..