PDA

View Full Version : FS: Motorola v66se silver, cheap!

in_famous
11-20-2002, 06:33 PM
I have for sale a motorola v66se silver for sale. It comes with 3 oem bezels, leather case and ear piece. The phone is unlocked and its a world phone. the LCD on the phone is white lite and so is the keypad. The phone has under 18hrs on it so its not been used as much. It has some scratches due to regular wear and tear. its worth over $750cnd. I am asking $330 obo. I am in toronto. I will except reasonable offers.

in_famous
11-20-2002, 06:34 PM
pic

Kal
11-20-2002, 06:53 PM
would that work with telus?

SpoolinS6
11-20-2002, 07:26 PM
no it would no worx with telus on samsung and some other phones do but motarolla phones dont only with bell ! so so....

Kal
11-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by M_powered
no it would no worx with telus on samsung and some other phones do but motarolla phones dont only with bell ! so so....

huh?!?!?

my phone is motorolla and it works with telus.........!?!?

Lennon
11-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Will it work on the Rogers network?

Soldo
11-20-2002, 08:52 PM
hey, can that phone work with the E46's that have phone hook ups in the car?!?!

thinair
11-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by M_powered

I know a lot of people (everyone I work with) that have a few different models of Motorola on Telus.

I'm pretty sure that generally any phone will work on any north american telephone system, they'll just rape you out of some cash when you get it set up if it's not already set up with that company.

GR8 Ride
11-20-2002, 10:32 PM
It's a GSM based phone. It will only work with Rogers or Fido, depending if the phone has been unlocked or not. It requires a SIM card that would need to be picked up from either of those companies (of which FIDO is in serious financial trouble at the moment).

Ultimately, there are 3 major standards (digital) for cell phones in North America.

GSM (Global Standard for mobile phones), which is what FIDO and the new Rogers network use. It's also the common standard for most European countries, and many Pac-Rim countries (not Japan though).

CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) is the standard that Bell and Telus are using, and many U.S. based carriers.

TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) is the *old* standard that the Rogers / AT&T network is using. Generally considered the inferior type of digital cell service in North America. It's slowly being replaced by GSM and/or CDMA.

Pat

Jon@Bimmersport
11-20-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
It's a GSM based phone. It will only work with Rogers or Fido, depending if the phone has been unlocked or not. It requires a SIM card that would need to be picked up from either of those companies (of which FIDO is in serious financial trouble at the moment).

Ultimately, there are 3 major standards (digital) for cell phones in North America.

GSM (Global Standard for mobile phones), which is what FIDO and the new Rogers network use. It's also the common standard for most European countries, and many Pac-Rim countries (not Japan though).

CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) is the standard that Bell and Telus are using, and many U.S. based carriers.

TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) is the *old* standard that the Rogers / AT&T network is using. Generally considered the inferior type of digital cell service in North America. It's slowly being replaced by GSM and/or CDMA.

Pat

Pat...i cant think of anything which you arent knowledgable in yet...im not sucking up...its just an observation :)

in_famous
11-20-2002, 10:55 PM
This phone is a GSM phone, it will only work with service providers that have sim cards. So, In canada it will only work with fido, rogers and simpro. thanks. This special edition model is very rare , You dont get it in canada. You only get the plain v66. The one i am selling has better reception, bigger screen and white lights on keypad compared to the v66. Fido has the v66 model, you can check out the difference if you guys want. AND FIDO charges $750 plus tax for a locked phone that works only on fido. This phone is unlocked and less then half the price.

thinair
11-20-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover

Pat...i cant think of anything which you arent knowledgable in yet...im not sucking up...its just an observation :)

I second that....*th-up*

Fast_Gal
11-21-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by in_famous
This phone is a GSM phone, it will only work with service providers that have sim cards. So, In canada it will only work with fido, rogers and simpro. thanks. This special edition model is very rare , You dont get it in canada. You only get the plain v66. The one i am selling has better reception, bigger screen and white lights on keypad compared to the v66. Fido has the v66 model, you can check out the difference if you guys want. AND FIDO charges $750 plus tax for a locked phone that works only on fido. This phone is unlocked and less then half the price.

So then why selling so cheap? If it's new can't you return it and get a refund?

Jon@Bimmersport
11-21-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Fast_Gal

So then why selling so cheap? If it's new can't you return it and get a refund?

well i dont think the store will take a stolen phone back :rolleyes:

in_famous
11-21-2002, 06:21 PM
I am selling it cheap because no one will give me $600 bucks for it. My loss is your gain. The phone is not stolen, I would not have the box and the bezels and leather cases if it was stolen. People on this forum just assume that stuff is stolen. I'm not in the same business as you guys who think my stuff is stolen. I've been using this phone myself.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-21-2002, 07:34 PM
I am selling it cheap because no one will give me $600 bucks for it. My loss is your gain. The phone is not stolen, I would not have the box and the bezels and leather cases if it was stolen. People on this forum just assume that stuff is stolen. I'm not in the same business as you guys who think my stuff is stolen. I've been using this phone myself.

well from the sounds of that post...you assume everyone who posts negative is a thief too...it takes one to know one ;)

KennyTheGreat
11-21-2002, 08:12 PM
your lost, our gain?

sell it for 250 so we could gain more :P

Fast_Gal
11-22-2002, 02:21 PM

Let me reiterate: If it is fairly new, why just not return it for a refund. I know many people that after 1yr can get a refund if they speak to a Manager. Then i'm sure you would get back your full $600. It's your choice but i would rather attempt to get a full refund instead of setteling for half.

my .02$

in_famous
11-23-2002, 07:13 PM
sold