PDA

View Full Version : help, my low beams too a dump

craz azn
08-06-2006, 10:03 PM
ok, my car just musta decided to be a friggin homo this past weekend... WTH. My headlights just stopped working the other day outta the blue. I hit a bump in town, a light bump, I pass it everyday, and at that point they died. Everything else works, parking, highs, just no lows. Any ideas?? I changed fuses, switched around relays, and switched back to the old H1 bulbs, everything I could think of... my dad says check the wiring diagrams, but I am too stupid/pissed off to figure out how to read it ATM. Any help appreciated.

EDIT: stupid title.... took* sorry ppl, n/m me im pretty pissed right now....

Jase
08-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Get yourself a light tester.( like4 bucks at crappy tire). Make sure you have power at the socket. Work your way backward from there. That happened to my e30 and it was the switch.
good luck
Jase

sicilianace
08-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Rudy, check the wires at the connectors maybe one of the three wires are loose............

NickP
08-08-2006, 06:01 PM
switch or low beam relay.

craz azn
08-08-2006, 10:28 PM
So, I ended up taking the inside apart, taking the dash bit apart(switches and stuff), I put it back together and somehow it works again, like WTF. Stuff like this is what makes me wanna get rid of my car, I dont have the patience for this anymore...:(

Bandi
08-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Mine was a bad headlight switch. The funny thing was, out of my 7 E30s, I've never changed one, and I always grab them when I'm at the wreckers. I was almost excited to use it.