PDA

View Full Version : Anybody on e36coupe?

Nascar318is
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
I registered in April I received an e-mail saying that the Admin had to activate my account. i'm still waiting for an e-mail.

This is not saying much for the site if he took this long. I sent the Admin an e-mail, so we'll see how long it takes.

So if anybody is on there how long did it take for them to activate your account?

Bliss
08-03-2006, 10:51 AM
"Admin" doesnt need to activate any account. You just registered incorrectly. You were supposed to visit the automated email you receive when registering and click on the link to complete registration. All it takes is to follow some directions.

Nascar318is
08-03-2006, 10:59 AM
"Admin" doesnt need to activate any account. You just registered incorrectly. You were supposed to visit the automated email you receive when registering and click on the link to complete registration. All it takes is to follow some directions.

I thought so too Bruce, but then I went to look at my e-mail from April to make sure there wasn't an activation link, like most forums.

I tried logging in and it said my account was disabled, and at one point it had said incorrect user name or password. So That's why I was wondering. Here is the original e-mail.

Welcome to www.e36coupe.com Forums

Please keep this email for your records. Your account information is as follows:

----------------------------
Username: Nascar318is
Password: ***********
----------------------------

Your account is currently inactive, the administrator of the board will need to
activate it before you can log in. You will receive another email when this has
occured.

Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database and
we cannot retrieve it for you. However, should you forget your password you can
request a new one which will be activated in the same way as this account.

Thank you for registering.

--
Regards,

The Moderating Team

Bliss
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Moved to "Comments/Suggestions". I looked at your username manualy, and the username Nascar318is is fine. Is there another username you are refering to?

Nascar318is
08-03-2006, 11:54 AM
No not at all, the same one. I tried to log in and it says Incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password. I then click on forgot password, it asks me for my user name and email, I type it in and it comes back with " Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information"

You know what...I think the confirmation e-mail went into my junk mail and it was deleted... So I e-mailed the Admin, just going to wait for his response.
Thanks for your help Bruce! Feel free to delete this thread.

Bliss
08-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Try deleting your cookies on your computer, and re-log in. Let me know.

Nascar318is
08-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Nadda, Incorrect User Name or inactive user name.

I'll just sighn up under another user name. I think that'll be easier.