View Full Version : Solution to an old problem?

01-27-2002, 04:23 PM
A long time ago in the summer time, some jerk at my office decided to key my car pretty bad. It's right above the gas cap area, and is a scratch about 1 foot long.
I've tried to buff it out with rubbing compound but it's just too deep to get rid of. Is there anything else i could do? I was thinking of getting a touchup paint pen and then filling it in then buffing again. Does that sound alright for now? I can't afford to paint the whole car, and I am fearing the guy would just do it again if i did.

For now the vanadlism stopped (he did it twice in one week) because i have a video camera on my dashboard recording everthing when my car's alarm is on, so the vandalist has stopped since then.

Would it be possible for a body shop to just paint that one section or would it look like crap?
Should i just do my best to fill it in, and live with it like i've been doing until i am ready to paint the car with a body kit?

any suggestions, comments, or stories relating to this would be much appreciated


01-27-2002, 04:43 PM
ok cool
i'll have to check em out
maybe they can remove the small quarter sized dent in my sunroof too....barely noticeable...but i wouldn't mind it not being there =)


01-28-2002, 04:48 AM
You have a video camera in your car? Got any pics of this?

01-28-2002, 11:38 AM
hehe naw
but it's pretty ghetto
it's a security camera like you would see in a department store or variety store, full colour, and the vcr is in the glove box.
it does it's job, even though it doesn't look pretty. I just set the camera on the dash when i park the car

01-28-2002, 04:00 PM
oh.. well thats pretty interesting.. first I've heard of. It doesnt drain your battery?

01-28-2002, 04:31 PM
naw it hasn't yet
*djcontra crosses his fingers* =)

01-28-2002, 10:35 PM

You seem to know every damn shop that's related to the auto industry!!! hahaha. Good for you!! We'll have to change your name to Mr. Referral!!! I want some M3 wheels - rim and rubber. Not the Countour model. I think it's called Type 10! Where can I go????