PDA

View Full Version : Suede shift boots

calegrant
07-31-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm looking for a manufacturing, custom piece for my 320i. The stock piece is old and tattered and I think a nice black suede piece would look great. Anyone know where I can get one other than having one made?

X2theZ3
08-01-2006, 06:42 AM
http://www.carartunlimited.com/page008.html

This place sells alcantara ones that look really nice.

brent-E30
08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
i'v seen replacement stock ones brand new on ebay, its worth a look

cisco911
08-01-2006, 06:29 PM
suede will have a tendency to rip easily and it stains/fades quick too

calegrant
08-02-2006, 02:19 AM
I wasn't sure what these parts were made of. I've seen rally cars and stuff that gets dirty and wet and it looks like their steering wheels are made out of suede but I thought it must've been something else. I'm interested in that sight you showed me, but was a tad turned off when the little website visits counter was at 28 :s

brent-E30
08-02-2006, 09:12 AM
maby you should get a replacement stock one it will still last a few years right, you can get them of ebay, there the same as the stock ones though.

Derek89E30
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
speaking of shift boots....I just picked a new one up. When i was trying to stretch it overtop of the plastic square thats used to hold it down to the console, the plastic snapped. Does anyone know where i can get this part from? I tried to look on real oem for the part #, but they didnt have it listed from what i saw. I dont even know the name of this thing, so its tough to find one. If anyone has one lying around, i'd really appreciate it if i could take it off your hands.

Thanks,

Luke318is
08-03-2006, 03:53 AM
speaking of shift boots....I just picked a new one up. When i was trying to stretch it overtop of the plastic square thats used to hold it down to the console, the plastic snapped. Does anyone know where i can get this part from? I tried to look on real oem for the part #, but they didnt have it listed from what i saw. I dont even know the name of this thing, so its tough to find one. If anyone has one lying around, i'd really appreciate it if i could take it off your hands.

Thanks,

"Sit" in a car at the wrecker for a few mins and yoink one...or pay for it if they will let you buy it seperately.

Derek89E30
08-03-2006, 10:54 AM
"Sit" in a car at the wrecker for a few mins and yoink one...or pay for it if they will let you buy it seperately.

where is the wrecker again? somewhere north toronto?