PDA

View Full Version : Pedal Grip Tape?

NickP
07-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Many thanks to Zimmie for supplying a perfect pedal box. I was putting this off thinking it would be a major pain but I think I had it swapped in around 2 hours. My old one formed a crack on the mounting plate that was ghetto welded but hey it held up forever.

Anyhow everything's been cleaned up and painted and my cheapy ebay aluminum pedal covers have seen better days. Has anyone covered these with skateboard grip tape? Has it help up? Any places in the North York / Richmond Hill area selling this tape?

Chris de la Cruz
07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
omg... i was at work and we had a whole row of that skateboard grip tape for the stairs... i cut some out and put it on my pedals and it felt amazing :D especially when you wear skate shoes

i think i may still have a roll at work i'll check on tuesday when i get back

NickP
07-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Cool and thank you!

calegrant
07-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Flooring stores will have the stuff too. Any end of the roll, carpet land type place.

King Luis
07-31-2006, 12:37 AM
ya, skateboard grip tape works good...don't know if it works good when your feet are wet though.

NickP
07-31-2006, 04:01 AM
ya, skateboard grip tape works good...don't know if it works good when your feet are wet though.
I'm hoping it works well in the wet - if it doesn't I'm going back to stock until I can find some all metal hamann style pedals.

BMW BMXer
07-31-2006, 09:33 AM
I thought I was in the wrong forum for a sec...

Anyway

Grip tape will look OK when your feet are wet. Obviously not as good if it were dry. Bad thing is once you get crud in grip tape it starts to suck, but its not really all that expensive.

Luke318is
08-03-2006, 04:04 AM
i wouldent mind some kool pedal covers....any suggestions or pics maybe?

calegrant
08-03-2006, 04:18 AM
If you're going to go with grip tape go to a skate shop and ask SPECIFICLY for shorty's black magic tape. It will outlast anything else and it's got much large grain.

325isRED
08-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Stock pedals seem fine to me...

Edit: but now that I think of it..... grip tape sounds like a good idea, not like its un-reversable...