PDA

View Full Version : Dinan vs. Others?

canadaneedsm
07-26-2006, 10:32 AM
What do you guys think?

Using the following situation let me know...

3 year old E46 M3... do you go with a Dinan supercharger set up since it wont void the last year of the warranty (as far as I understand), or do you go for a cheaper set up from a different company that will void the warranty, but save you money in the purchase as Dinan is more expensive.

I'm kind of torn... let me know what you think.

Quack
07-26-2006, 10:35 AM
why don't you just wait until the warranty is over or atleast close to it, I wouldn't go with Dinan just because they are overpriced, you can find other S/C kits out there that are cheaper but produce more power & looks nicer.

330ci05
07-26-2006, 10:41 AM
if u don't mind spending 20k for a s/c then do it...

JazzM
07-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I would go would advise agains going SC. Instead stay naturally aspirated, modify the gearing (4.10), headers, exhaust, intake (cf manifold), cams, etc... you'll end up with slightly less power but reliability and warranty will not be an issue.

T.

cisco911
07-26-2006, 05:27 PM
I would go would advise agains going SC. Instead stay naturally aspirated, modify the gearing (4.10), headers, exhaust, intake (cf manifold), cams, etc... you'll end up with slightly less power but reliability and warranty will not be an issue.

T.
ORRRR, you can do all the stuff listed above and a S/C kit and really pump out the power!!!!!

propr'one
07-26-2006, 11:38 PM
wait. can't you find a bmw dealership that's authorized dinan installer, then have them installed, and keep your warranty?

NOTORIOUS VR
07-27-2006, 12:37 AM
screw the warranty..... just put in a S/C already

and if something does go wrong... well then just take the kit out and put it back to stock before bringing the car to BMW