PDA

View Full Version : Service Indicator Lights, What to do??

Derek89E30
07-17-2006, 11:20 AM
About 2 weeks ago, my oil service light came on with the yellow light below. I looked in the owners manual and it says that the car is just due for an inspection. Yesterday, the red light came on with the yellow light, but the manual said this is normal too. Does the red just mean that ive waited to long to have the lights reset?

What should be done about this? Is it vitally necessary to take the car into the dealership for the inspection, or can a local shop (Charlie??) do the inspection and reset the lights?

my car has 333400 kms on it, do they lights usually come on based on kilometer count?

e30_kid89
07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
u can do it too but if u want u can take it to charile to be reset....if u wanna do it your self all u neeed is a piece of wire or speaker wire....look on the web for the diy article

Derek89E30
07-17-2006, 11:31 AM
u can do it too but if u want u can take it to charile to be reset....if u wanna do it your self all u neeed is a piece of wire or speaker wire....look on the web for the diy article

Is the inspection not important? My car seems to be running fine, but i would like to know if this inspection is worthwhile

e30_kid89
07-17-2006, 11:34 AM
if up to u to decide....if you've done regualar maintence yourself like spark plugs, distrubitor cap and rotor, water pump, oil changes, bleeding brakes, new coolant...then i dont think its necessary but if u havent done most of those and ur not planning to your self then i would take it in for inpsection