PDA

View Full Version : power windows WTF

vdubbedgti
07-15-2006, 03:01 PM
My power windows crapped out on me at the exact sametime. all the wires seem to be in good condition, fuse is good, and switches have been changed. is there a relay somewhere? the sunroof is still working though. the motors couldnt have crapped out at the same time could they? i was also doing some welding prior to them not working. any help would be great. thanks.

Matt

craz azn
07-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Yo Matt, you check that breaker thingy on the center console?? I have done that many times when I first got my black car, drove me crazy lol... you sure thats not your problem?

vdubbedgti
07-16-2006, 11:39 AM
are you talking aobut the power window switches themselves? if So i have about 6 different sets and its not them. but im not sure about the breaker. where on the center consol is that located?

craz azn
07-16-2006, 01:39 PM
its above on the window switches on the center console. it looks like one bigass window switch, has a white triangular shape with a lightening bolt thingy thru it. make sure that connected or the windows dont work. also on some cars, this switch is placed in the dash besides the hazards and rear window defog switches, but thats usually only the earlier cars to my knowledge.

vdubbedgti
07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
awsome! they are working. it was and wasnt that button. The guy who owned this before me put a custom center console in and hid the switch under neith, and had a completely diferent button. it came off when i was tear the inside apart and i forgot about it until i was sitting in the car and trying to find the damn thing. thanks again rudy.

paul christians
07-17-2006, 09:25 PM
dude have a smoke man,you know what kind I am talking about too....

vdubbedgti
07-17-2006, 11:08 PM
lol. i can handle that. I just read my last post, and realized i should start paying more attention to my proof reading. lol!

paul christians
07-18-2006, 12:01 AM
dude that is ok man,they all say that about me too,that is to proof read my stuff too.....I have say this thought hehehehehehehe..........