PDA

View Full Version : Steering rack rebuilt!!!!Help ASAP please!!!!

magnus
07-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Doing a rebuilt on my steering rack!
Car is on stands and need some help!
Anyone knows of a link i can refer to for instructions?
Please help me out! Car is an E30 325!*wiggle* *wiggle*

Jordan
07-15-2006, 12:44 PM
If you are trying to rebuild your own steering rack, and you need to ask for instructions, you might as well not even start.

magnus
07-15-2006, 02:55 PM
If you are trying to rebuild your own steering rack, and you need to ask for instructions, you might as well not even start.

Well ...
although thats not really helpfull *thmbsdwn*
all i wanted to know is what the hell are all those small O-rings for that are included in the rebuilt kit!
In any case as you obviously dont wanna help i ll just disregard your comment! And by the way... you need somewhere to ask before you do anything in general! But maybe you were born with the knowledge!:moon:

Jordan
07-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Rebuilding a BMW steering rack just is not a DIY job. thats all. Its not even a job for most BMW repair shops. I know, I've worked in several. Its not time or cost effective.. ever.

Professionally rebuilt racks are dirt cheap. Buy one.

magnus
07-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Well....
i just finnished it and put it back on the car and it seems to be working fine!
In fact i thought it was fairly easy!
Thats besides the point though! I was trying to tell you that the way you replied was far from helpfull and from my point of view kinda rude! And dont take it personally but allot of people in here seem to reply to posts with a useless comment or even some "smartass" remark!
From where i see it if someone posts something and people dont have something usefull to say then they should not reply to the post at all! Otherwise we ll end up with a forum of "smartasses" commenting each other!
And to conclude a vote of confidence sometimes goes a long way! Cause if people didnt/dont try DIY then what is the meaning of this forum? Or do you just do it so people only go to the dealers you worked (J/k):D with their hard earned cash???*wave*

Jordan
07-16-2006, 09:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

You did NOT rebuild the rack.

You simply slapped new seals on it. Completely different game.

magnus
07-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Actually NO!
I had the end taps remade at my friends workshop and as the steering is no longer leaking and works just fine i am more than happy!
But even if i had only changed the seals you are still missing the point i was trying to make!!!!*par-t*
Someone delete this please!*wave*

everlast
07-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Delete this? No way! Good job at both getting your rack back into shape and managing to ignore the defensive comments. Congrats!

Did you take any pics?

static
07-17-2006, 03:14 PM
why not just snatch the perfect opportunity to put a quicker ratio rack is beyond me

Alex

magnus
07-18-2006, 04:08 AM
To reply to both of you:

a) Thank you everlast *th-up*

and

b) Its hard to get parts here like that cause i am in Iceland at the moment!;)