PDA

View Full Version : AlpinWeiss - any over counter close match?

talltorontoguy
07-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I've got a few spots I want to touch up on my 88 vert finished in Alpinweis. (code 146 Alpinweiß). The car will be painted next spring so I'm trying to get by with a little TLC for the time being. Can anyone recommend a close matching paint available over the counter for a more common vehicle (like a domestic or Japanese?)

What is the difference between Alpinweis , Alpinweis II, Alpinweis III?

Rod

paul christians
07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
go to NAPA or there to a body shop.......I know you said you painting it next year...

talltorontoguy
07-12-2006, 05:05 PM
I know I can have it mixed for $$. I want to get a touch up can or spray that closely matches, probably originally intended for a domestic or japanese. The new color will not be alpinweiss hence my desire to not spend $.

BMW325BMW
07-12-2006, 06:12 PM
dealer?

Axxe
07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
I know I can have it mixed for $$. I want to get a touch up can or spray that closely matches, probably originally intended for a domestic or japanese. The new color will not be alpinweiss hence my desire to not spend $.

Dude, it's $25 taxes in for a can that perfectly matches. Don't cheap out that much, by the time you find something that matches you'll be out the difference in the amount of time, energy and gas you spent looking for it.

ara325
07-12-2006, 08:44 PM
^^totally agree!

everlast
07-13-2006, 12:12 AM
I got my matched can at a body shop that specializes in it, and the color was no closer to the diamond schwartz black than GM metallic black from CT. Plus, it was fracken near impossible to use compared to the 'made-for-dummies' sprays at canadian tire. Find a piece of paint you can flake off, take it into the store and browse while drinking a coffee. The lids are pretty damn close.

talltorontoguy
07-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I should clarify that I'm not looking to touch up a stone chip or two... I've got some painting to do.

The last suggestion is the best one...

EMPOWERD
07-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Google any local GTA "Sherman Williams" retail stores. They will match the paint exactly into a spray can for under $20. I got my Alpinewhite from Cawthra Automotive in Mississauga. If I find the can (3/4 full), you can have it for free.

Eurostyle
07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Do what Randy said^^^^
Cawthra Automotive does custom paint mixing, $18 for a LARGE can...And the match is usually prety good...(i buy a lot of paint from there...)

Wannabe
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Cawthra did my paint matching.. I used it to paint my front spoiler. Perfect match!

talltorontoguy
07-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey that sounds pretty reasonable... I'll check it out. Thanks guys