second race = got spanked

third race = got spanked

any questions?

bart320i
11-13-2002, 11:44 PM
by how much?:confused:

Slowered318
11-13-2002, 11:47 PM
daymmmmm you gotta do some more mods to that thing!

mkgino
11-13-2002, 11:51 PM
Well, first race by a lot, cause I had a passenger in the car. Second race was by a little bit, maybe a hood. Third race even till I put it in third, and he passed me again. :( In all fairness, I raced a GTI 1.8 T, and smoked him!! But he wasnt a good driver.

IVAN
11-14-2002, 12:54 AM
I am sure he was touching his girl between legs while he was racing that's why he lost race.
heheheh

tlaselva
11-14-2002, 01:06 AM
200 HP and lightweight make them quick littl' rockets. The car also having less than 5000 K also helps.

Both of you launched very well on the runs, and had your power shifting down pat. If memory serves me right, in the second race, you had a small lead into second.

Was defiantly fun to watch racing between two similarly powered cars.

Moerom and I had 2 quick jaunts at the lights.

First run I must have accidentally activated the burnout launch, cuz my car just fishtailed til I let off the gas. Moerom launched the truck well cuz he had at least 2 car lengths ahead and kept it till we shut things down.
Second run, got off the launch control properly, but that Lightning still managed to pull a car length ahead! The Lightning again managed to keep the lead up 'till about 70 mph. We weren't at the best place for a run, so we shut off the race quick.

Spring next year Moerom and I will pick this up were we left off tonight at Cayuga! :D

As I had originally thought, those Lightning’s with a good driver can launch off the line VERY well, and can manage to keep the lead on an E46 M3 till about 70 mph where we shut things down. Nice runs there Moerom! Looks like you've got the launching of that truck down to an art. *th-up*
I really got to see that truck in action after those mods that you have lined up! Ur in to lay some serious beating on the competition! *shiner*

Rolled_Out
11-14-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
first race = got spanked

second race = got spanked

third race = got spanked

any questions?
thanks for the runs :) that was fun... i thought you were going tobeat me the 2nd time!!! oh well.... i can't believe i beat the 330ci even tho it was auto, it had a dinan chip and intake..
see u guys next time

Jon@Bimmersport
11-14-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
200 HP and lightweight make them quick littl' rockets. The car also having less than 5000 K also helps.

Both of you launched very well on the runs, and had your power shifting down pat. If memory serves me right, in the second race, you had a small lead into second.

Was defiantly fun to watch racing between two similarly powered cars.

Moerom and I had 2 quick jaunts at the lights.

First run I must have accidentally activated the burnout launch, cuz my car just fishtailed til I let off the gas. Moerom launched the truck well cuz he had at least 2 car lengths ahead and kept it till we shut things down.
Second run, got off the launch control properly, but that Lightning still managed to pull a car length ahead! The Lightning again managed to keep the lead up 'till about 70 mph. We weren't at the best place for a run, so we shut off the race quick.

Spring next year Moerom and I will pick this up were we left off tonight at Cayuga! :D

As I had originally thought, those Lightning’s with a good driver can launch off the line VERY well, and can manage to keep the lead on an E46 M3 till about 70 mph where we shut things down. Nice runs there Moerom! Looks like you've got the launching of that truck down to an art. *th-up*
I really got to see that truck in action after those mods that you have lined up! Ur in to lay some serious beating on the competition! *shiner*

answer your phone next time!!! :(

can we have rematches? lol

330DTM
11-14-2002, 10:03 AM
Well, first race by a lot, cause I had a passenger in the car. Second race was by a little bit, maybe a hood. Third race even till I put it in third, and he passed me again. :( In all fairness, I raced a GTI 1.8 T, and smoked him!! But he wasnt a good driver.

Hehe, never under estimate the 1.8T engines. Some which are minorly modded are ready to just scream out "I own you".

I wonder what happens if you guys did a highway run. Woudl the Type S still pull or would hte inline-6 take the lead

mkgino
11-14-2002, 12:25 PM
Its all about power to weight ratio and thats it. You could have a 10hp car that weighs a few ounces, you will have 1/4 mile times of like 5 sec. Anyway, next spring when I get my M3 differential it will be a different story. See when we had the 2nd and third races, I was ahead till the 2nd - 3rd shift and after that see ya, the rsx just walked on me, there was nothing I could do. The 1.8 T though, I put like 6 cars on him, but he wasnt a good driver, so there is nothing to brag about. The RSX type S still remanis my nemisis..............

MP328
11-14-2002, 01:09 PM
like mike said the 1.8T are faster only with a chip to be exact 45-50hp. a golf 1.8T with a chip and good driver should be doing 14.9 easily in the 1/4.

i said this a few times a coworker of mine has jetta 1.8T with a chip and something else. but he sucks in taking off so we had to go with rolling starts. we did one from 20km/h and i got a car length on him. then we did one from 40-50km/h and we were right beside each other all the way to 170km/h i just pulled 1/2 of the car when shifting from 2nd to 3rd cuz i could redline it just a bit longer then him

btw i was right about the rsx *wave* but i wanna try my luck with you too. but after winter since i got my winter tires on and don't wanna mess those up

mkgino
11-14-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by MP328
like mike said the 1.8T are faster only with a chip to be exact 45-50hp. a golf 1.8T with a chip and good driver should be doing 14.9 easily in the 1/4.

i said this a few times a coworker of mine has jetta 1.8T with a chip and something else. but he sucks in taking off so we had to go with rolling starts. we did one from 20km/h and i got a car length on him. then we did one from 40-50km/h and we were right beside each other all the way to 170km/h i just pulled 1/2 of the car when shifting from 2nd to 3rd cuz i could redline it just a bit longer then him

btw i was right about the rsx *wave* but i wanna try my luck with you too. but after winter since i got my winter tires on and don't wanna mess those up

Well there is enough of me to go around, but just let me win at least one race because I cant keep losing all the time, its not good for the ego :(

330DTM
11-14-2002, 02:51 PM

Yup, get chip, intake and exhaust/downpipes and you'll get quite a gain! You'd probably feel more difference, with same mods on a 1.8T engine, out of a Golf and Jetta vs. the A4, because the A4 is heavier.

My friend got like 14.85 in 1/4 on a worn out stock clutch w/intake, chip, and exhaust (no cats or resonators) on a very cold day where at times you'd actually see snow flakes. HE told me that the car does not always perform best when the weather gets colder and colder. Too cold of a weather and he told me that the turbo doesn't perform as well. However, recently, with still the same parts and worn out clutch (except bigger fuel injectors), he got 14.1 in 1/4mile on a pretty decent weather. 60' time being 1.9 seconds. Now he got the new aftermarket clutch and flywheel, dam.... that means 5000rpm launches in the future = faster 1/4 mile times

Rolled_Out
11-14-2002, 05:58 PM
mkgino, ill trade you cars straight up.. i love your car man... it reminds me of my car so much.. it looks sooo mint, the lights are AWESOME (bmw should have done this on ALL E36's produced)
and it sounds just as good as it looks...

mkgino
11-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
mkgino, ill trade you cars straight up.. i love your car man... it reminds me of my car so much.. it looks sooo mint, the lights are AWESOME (bmw should have done this on ALL E36's produced)
and it sounds just as good as it looks...

Why did you ever sell your BMW?? What happened to it? Oh and I sanded down the mirrors nice!! I got that big ass stone chip out of them too! Im gonna get them painted next spring when I get my skirt package painted and my mouldings painted also. Oh and next time we have a go, it will be after I get my M3 differential, which will be a better race!

Rolled_Out
11-14-2002, 06:47 PM
mk--i traded it in to acura for the rsx.. well some $ off the rsx i should say... still had to pay a lotttt coz they didnt give me very much for the darn thing.. i took off my rims and m3 spoiler.. but i left the front skirt on because it was 2 hard to take off...
oh well, let me know when you wanna go again...
and you sanded down plastic mirrors? are you supposed to sand plastic?? lol oh well... thanx 4 the runz it was fun!

moerom
11-14-2002, 07:47 PM
I still can't beleive I didn't get ruined by the M3.

Tony, I'm convinced you were shifting at 5000 rpm! lol

tlaselva
11-15-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by moerom
I still can't beleive I didn't get ruined by the M3.

Tony, I'm convinced you were shifting at 5000 rpm! lol

On the second run, you beat me fair and square.
Good LC, shifted properly into second, but let off before the shift into 3rd was required. The whole way though 2nd, it didn't seem I was pulling on you.

I still maintain that your Beast off the line will beat the E46 M3.
We only ran for about 200 m, so I don't know what would happen on the last 200M. Maybe the drag the truck produces would give the M3 an advantage, but with 450 lbs. trq, I'd wager that you truck wouldn't suffer any adverse effects till you near 180 kph. Got a video of a race between an E46 M3 and a Lightning, and the Lightning won the race, much like our run. Lightning out of the hole took a car length, and held it all the way through the 1320. Very much like I had predicted.

PM me your email address, and I'll send you the file.

In the spring, you and I have a date at Cayuga were we can do this properly! :D

MP328
11-15-2002, 03:25 AM
mk.. i actually ment i wanna race rolled out in the rsx. but i go against you too since that will be a drivers race.

u should have come with us that time to cauyga. after that night when we were coming home on the QEW it was me, saj328 now wasabi and bimmerpwr and we all have 328's. each one was in one lne and going for it. it was nice eventhough i cheated since i was the one to say when to go i always pulled ahead hehe :D :D

mkgino
11-15-2002, 06:30 AM
mk.. i actually ment i wanna race rolled out in the rsx. but i go against you too since that will be a drivers race.

u should have come with us that time to cauyga. after that night when we were coming home on the QEW it was me, saj328 now wasabi and bimmerpwr and we all have 328's. each one was in one lne and going for it. it was nice eventhough i cheated since i was the one to say when to go i always pulled ahead hehe :D :D

I really wish I could have, I will try to do so next year for sure. It seemed like a lot of fun. Only thing about racing at that spot we did it at was that it was scary, cause you could get busted at anytime, but hey thats all part of the fun I guess.

Rolled_Out
11-15-2002, 06:50 AM

I really wish I could have, I will try to do so next year for sure. It seemed like a lot of fun. Only thing about racing at that spot we did it at was that it was scary, cause you could get busted at anytime, but hey thats all part of the fun I guess.
It is actually probably the best place to race, its an industrial area, a nice nice road, freshly paved, well lit... cops don't usually go there... we raced for a few hours a number of times without being booked... sometimes people from the factory come out and watch... they don't even care! ahah

Jon@Bimmersport
11-15-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Rolled_Out

It is actually probably the best place to race, its an industrial area, a nice nice road, freshly paved, well lit... cops don't usually go there... we raced for a few hours a number of times without being booked... sometimes people from the factory come out and watch... they don't even care! ahah

hey let me know about this place eh....new maxbimmer racin spot lol

mkgino
11-15-2002, 08:11 AM
It is a good place, its just that the speed limit is 50km/h which is what I dont like.

IVAN
11-15-2002, 11:15 AM
Good luck Mk...But I hate Acuras ahhhh

MP328
11-15-2002, 12:44 PM
It is a good place, its just that the speed limit is 50km/h which is what I dont like.

all the racing spots have a speed limit of 50 km/h since they are usually in the industrial areas but dont worry you wont get busted for going over the speed limit :D you'll get busted for racing and going over the speed limit *wave*

mkgino
11-15-2002, 03:35 PM

all the racing spots have a speed limit of 50 km/h since they are usually in the industrial areas but dont worry you wont get busted for going over the speed limit :D you'll get busted for racing and going over the speed limit *wave*

HA very true......

moerom
11-15-2002, 04:00 PM
Tony, its funny how we declined a race in a 'safer' area and ended up running on Highway 7.

Now that I think about it we were extremely lucky.

I was a worthwhile race though!

Did anyone see us? Or was it just Dan?

IVAN
11-15-2002, 08:54 PM

hahah Mk they till give u complete package with tickets and what ever comes over their mind.

M3_Styles
11-17-2002, 05:27 PM
just out of curiosity
where is that road u guys raced on?
pm me if u want

BMW_M52_M20
11-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Yeah, Mk, I raced a VW golf VR6 (01) and spanked it fair and clear. The problem is the front wheel drive I think, The VW's can't keep up unless work is done to them. Those RSX Type S's are fast cars.
Jay

moerom
11-23-2002, 04:16 PM
Watch out for some of those 1.8t's.

APR Stage III, 300+ hp, very fast.

And Audi's 2.7tt engines, they can be deadly.

MTM (audi tuner) has cranked 602 hp reliably from the 2.7tt.

Check out a Stage III APR Golf vs. a Chipped S4 :

http://www.racingflix.com

Rolled_Out
02-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Vlad, e46lover, moe, anyone have my 13.888 run @ cayuga w/ my type s?
I can't find it anywhere anymore... i only have me smoking that 911 a few times @ st thomas..

erikIS
02-19-2005, 01:33 PM
what do u have done to your rsx Rolled_out?? 13.8 is an amazing time..

Im assuming hondata reflash for sure yeah?

Rolled_Out
02-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Well, its been a year and a half since I got rid of it. I got the car when the first came out. I had hondata reflash#4, DC headers, DC5R intake mani, DC5R cams, Injen CAI, motor mounts, hollowed out cat w/ some weird chinese muffler lol, and a bunch of other crap i can't think of off the top of my head...
I tracked the thing every weekend, eventually it blew...
oh well...check out cylinder#3 and my valves... *shiner*

btw--when I raced MKGINO I was bone stock, I musta had 3500km on the engine....

Understated
02-19-2005, 04:30 PM
gawwwd dammmmn! how many km was it at when u sent it to it's death?

erikIS
02-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Wow.. how did you manage to blow the friggin thing?? im assuming you must have been on it really hard? were you on the track? daily driving when it went? think it may have been the hondata and the fact that it allows you to rev higher which may caused damage?

erikIS
02-19-2005, 05:32 PM
btw, i had a premium rsx before.. :) great cars!!

ZiMMie
02-19-2005, 05:34 PM
jap craps :rolleyes:

anfreny
02-19-2005, 07:37 PM
jap craps :rolleyes:

german cars, COST more, yet still not as reliable *angel*
technology, luxury or not, reliablity is essential.

erikIS
02-19-2005, 08:37 PM
jap crap??? no such thing... better engineering and build which makes ALL jap companies eg, honda,toyota,subaru,etc in the top top list for reliability.

For example, compare a base BMW 3 series 320.. BLEH.. (35 grand,) yuo get l33t fabric seats and cool set of steelies w/l33t bmw hubcaps.. compare it to its competion.. anew 2005 Acura TL 270hp?? (37 gs) .. OR a Lexus IS300(37 gs).. Or how about a new 330CI coupe for 60gs?? compared that to a 47G's Infinity G35 Coupe which would rape , and looks way hotter imho..Whats the best bang for the buck?? The IMPORTS :) come with alot more standard features, more powerful, more reliable.. for alot less.. people really need to get over the bmw roundal in the front and back.. (I know i had that fever before.. haha) etc.. u get my drift.

jap isnt crap... my 2 cents.. i will never buy another bmw product unless its ///M... they dont appeal to me anymore and for the money i can get wayyyyy hotter rides.

SickFinga
02-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Vlad, e46lover, moe, anyone have my 13.888 run @ cayuga w/ my type s?
I can't find it anywhere anymore... i only have me smoking that 911 a few times @ st thomas..

Never heard or seen you run 13.888
I only saw porsche video(14.2) and another video, I think you hit 14.4 there.
The only fastest run I heard was 14.15 from the same day.

Rolled_Out
02-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Never heard or seen you run 13.888
I only saw porsche video(14.2) and another video, I think you hit 14.4 there.
The only fastest run I heard was 14.15 from the same day.
13.888 is my record, im still#25 over @ clubrsx lol.. when I ran it i was #4.. now as time goes by people beat it and move up... the time slips posted up over there, but i can't seem to find a whole bunch of videos from that day @ the track....
anyway heres 2 vids from st thomas.. there pretty funny...the first one is black for the first 11 seconds or so then it kicks in

http://tuningdatabase.com/videos/rsx141.mpg

http://tuningdatabase.com/videos/rsx142.mpg

erikIS
02-20-2005, 04:20 PM
ya thats believable.. those hondata reflashes work WONDERS on the RSX... the k20 motor is HIGHLY tunable, btter then theoldschool B-Series

ZiMMie
02-20-2005, 04:24 PM
lol i was jst jokin my dad drives a jap crap :rolleyes:

M3NTALM3
02-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I miss that car too.

330ci05
02-24-2006, 06:55 PM
i want in on it too hehe...

i raced a civic GSR, civic TYPE R and civic BH22(the 2.2L motor, i dunno if thats the name of it)... the only one that gave me a close run was the BH22.....

tlaselva
02-24-2006, 09:22 PM
I miss Moe's Lightning. . . http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

Understated
02-24-2006, 09:24 PM
whoa thats sweet.....didn't he get a newer Fseries truck now? he should upgrade to the new harley version....i saw one today near humber north and i was in awe....so brute looking *mw*

Marky_mark
02-25-2006, 11:31 PM
jap crap??? no such thing... better engineering and build which makes ALL jap companies eg, honda,toyota,subaru,etc in the top top list for reliability.

For example, compare a base BMW 3 series 320.. BLEH.. (35 grand,) yuo get l33t fabric seats and cool set of steelies w/l33t bmw hubcaps.. compare it to its competion.. anew 2005 Acura TL 270hp?? (37 gs) .. OR a Lexus IS300(37 gs).. Or how about a new 330CI coupe for 60gs?? compared that to a 47G's Infinity G35 Coupe which would rape , and looks way hotter imho..Whats the best bang for the buck?? The IMPORTS :) come with alot more standard features, more powerful, more reliable.. for alot less.. people really need to get over the bmw roundal in the front and back.. (I know i had that fever before.. haha) etc.. u get my drift.

jap isnt crap... my 2 cents.. i will never buy another bmw product unless its ///M... they dont appeal to me anymore and for the money i can get wayyyyy hotter rides.
the Acura TL starts at 42 gs and it has 258hp do your research and the Infinity G35 Interior looks cheep the out side is nice but not the inside Infinity Interiors suck compared to Acura and Lexus

superman123
03-07-2006, 12:03 AM
bling

Hound
03-07-2006, 03:30 AM
the Acura TL starts at 42 gs and it has 258hp do your research and the Infinity G35 Interior looks cheep the out side is nice but not the inside Infinity Interiors suck compared to Acura and Lexus

actually the 270 is right, they just recently changed the power rating of the '06 models to a rating of 258 but mine as well as all MY04 and up are rated at 270hp/238lb/ft

DAN328
03-09-2006, 12:24 AM
It is SAE corrected or whatever, just dyno'd a different way??

Same powerplant/engine.. for the TL..

the rSX has 155hp, notice that?