PDA

View Full Version : good price/bad price????

e30_kid89
07-08-2006, 12:54 PM
i found an 1994 M50 (vanos) with 153k on it....its still in the car and i heard it run and it sounds alright...the car has front end damage so he couldnt run it for long since the rad was smashed....hes asking for 850 for the motor but that doesnt include harness and ecu.....i think its a good deal since i seen em go for 1200-1300 ish....what do u guys think??

might put a down payment on it this friday:)

Devon

static
07-08-2006, 01:09 PM
rad smashed = possibly overheated engine = possibly warped head = bad investment

do yourself a favour and don't buy questionable parts.
A better idea would be to save the whole $5-6K needed first before even starting the project. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for financial trouble.

Alex

Jordan
07-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Overpriced.

e30_kid89
07-08-2006, 06:33 PM
if the head is warped, thats alright the plan was to tear it down and replace w/e needs replacing....the swap phsycically i will be doing along with the exhaust so the only thing i need to get it taken in for is the splicing and wiring....and Jordan this is the cheapest Vanos motor i have found so far locally and i rather pay a lil for for it locally than get smacked with a whole bunch of duty fees.....the swap itself wont happen till next spring or summer so by then i will have everything organized and ready with out the headaches cause i am doin it slowly*par-t* :)

ZiMMie
07-08-2006, 06:43 PM
import one from the states.
www.car-parts.com